Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By Zojah
  • 2 Post By KiwiRage
  • 1 Post By KiwiRage
  • 3 Post By Ral
  • 1 Post By notawaifu

Thread: COA Nerf and Herecius

Default COA Nerf and Herecius

Haven't had the chance to check, but I presume this 30% nerf to 'Enemies' in COA doesn't include the Mushrooms on Herecius?

The people I know who tested didn't check that. Sorry.

Hopefully someone will come along who has. I'm interested myself.
    Last edited by Hepatits; 10-05-2016 at 07:13 AM.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Just to clarify, the Mushrooms for Shroomagedon I would expect to be reduced. The ones you attack to gain the corresponding buff shouldn't be.

Rift Chaser

I can't recall if the 10% mushrooms had less hp but I know adds on all the fights did. The shrooms to get the buff from were not reduced that would actually not be a nerf but an increase in difficulty for the fight.

That being said It's very possible the mushrooms did have reduced hp because when we would normally have second flaring for shroomageddon we could not(hp nerf won't allow it) and the mushrooms seemed to die just as fast if not faster. Also how many sigils was HM Fionn dropping prior to this change? 1 or 2?
    Last edited by makerofwidows; 10-05-2016 at 08:23 PM.

hericius 10% shrooms did not get hit by the nerf.
    ~Palmyy@Laethys~
    ~Nefarious MT Primalist
    Nefarious ~ 9/9 MoM(2/2 HM) ~ 4/4 HM CoA, NA #1
    Retired, pending how crap T2 is...

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiRage View Post
    hericius 10% shrooms did not get hit by the nerf.
    Did you manage to notice if the shrooms prior got hit?

no shrooms on this fight at all got hit by the nerf
    ~Palmyy@Laethys~
    ~Nefarious MT Primalist
    Nefarious ~ 9/9 MoM(2/2 HM) ~ 4/4 HM CoA, NA #1
    Retired, pending how crap T2 is...

Ascendant

Fairly certain the pre 10% shrooms got nerfed. Both of my CoA groups today had to be extra careful not to hit them. In one case we just stopped dps when near them for fear of accidental trinket killage.

10% shrooms are definitely the same, 5.1m health both before and after
    Last edited by Archyface; 10-06-2016 at 09:06 AM.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Ral
    Rift Master

All shrooms are unchanged. 505k hp pre shroomageddon, 5.05m during shroomaggedon, same as pre-patch.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zojah View Post
    Haven't had the chance to check, but I presume this 30% nerf to 'Enemies' in COA doesn't include the Mushrooms on Herecius?
    I guess Trion doesn't look at their own data sheets and see what the problems are.

The problem wasn't the Bosses HPs. It was the burn phase.

So this nerf did nothing what so ever to fix the problem other than make to other Bosses easier. But the 2 weapon Bosses are still out of reach to everyone they were out of reach for before.

Just sad.

As someone in a fairly casual raid guild, we were 0/4 HM and got past Hericius NM a few weeks back. Post-nerf we were 2/4 and the 2 minis HM without much struggle, and blew away the other two NM quite quickly. I'd imagine we will be 4/4HM this coming weekend.

IMO if you can get to Shroomaggedon before the run phase occurs for the third time, then you will have the DPS to burn them down and get the kill. Trick is to save cooldowns and use crit pots if necessary. You need to balance your DPS around the shrooms - obviously ranged can change targets to assist those not likely to make it. On a short burn like that you need a bit of ranged DPS flexibility because anyone can get unlucky with crits and start dropping behind the required burn rate. A bit of talking in TS/Vent/whatev as required - just watch how quickly the health bar is dropping relative to the cast bar.

*EDIT* I think they nerfed a little too much, but it's the end of the expansion, so meh. Let more people see the bosses/gear ... it's all good.
    Last edited by Linolea; 10-11-2016 at 08:58 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Plane Touched

Default Agreed

If you run Chloromancer as one of the healers you pick up Wild Growth. The raid spike damage is managable with chloro and Warden or Phystact for Power Core for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunian View Post
    If you run Chloromancer as one of the healers you pick up Wild Growth. The raid spike damage is managable with chloro and Warden or Phystact for Power Core for both.
    We actually just used a Warden for hm and added another dps. The 100k+ from the extra dps is more than Power Core or Wild Growth could spike.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

COA buffed this week. Global Server lag spikes. So random raid members lag out and die!

+ Reply to Thread