+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Absorb Shielding Changes

Quote Originally Posted by alexzk View Post
    yeh ...i have both active and call it "fixed" when 15% applied after other... did u try to measure speed of dpletion of health and shield when 15% is activated prior skill, and when 15% is activated after skill.
    P.S. Possibly rogues are lucky again >:
    PPS: my understanding is - shield must go down faster then health any way, but I tested when it is not true - health is going down 2x or 3x faster then shield (used single tank skill + proc which is max 4k out of skill 50% = 80k)

Here are screenshots with proc actiating before purifier symbol of the sun and also after it. You do the math this this.

http://imgur.com/a/S1r1R

Stop making panic or at least provide some evidence.

You might not believe in those numbers, but it could be worse. Some people believe the earth is flat.
    Last edited by Sahtiaro; 10-06-2016 at 02:38 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na

Quote Originally Posted by alexzk View Post
    PPPS screens..see nothing some flies - take a timer in left hand, and measure 2 things - 15% prior and after 75% skill used, measure health/shiled depletion on heavy push, like majors or nte

good luck on that one
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    good luck on that one
    yeh..too many factors...set "stalker phase" to skip dodges, got same 4 mobs in rift, when all 4 attack me was using trinket and count depletion time. measure couple times with and without essense. well, 3-4 seconds (counting in mind - not a clock) all the times. So yeh, proves nothing except bad counting or mob's crits (it was wolfs)...
    Will wait 2-3 days till next coa with guild, there will be seen, bcs I live by shields there.
    Last edited by alexzk; 10-06-2016 at 02:54 AM.

Ral
    Rift Master

Not gonna say I did any controlled testing, but as a Riftstalker using 15%, 50%, 75%, 85% and 100% shields in CoA normal up to and including Hericius tonight I noticed nothing amiss. Didn't change any of my gear which includes an earth greater and shield procs on trinket and weapons.

I did notice slightly more damage bleed through on shielded hits in the range of 6-10k with unshielded hits in the range of 60-70k (previously like 500 or less shielded and 100k+ unshielded) so it seems things are working as intended. At that damage level even double-tap Eblius couldn't global me unshielded let alone shielded.

All in all I had no issues surviving any tank damage up to and including Hericius in normal CoA, and used significantly less cooldowns. Hell on Caelon, 30% DR CD's were enough and I didn't even Aegis and only used Scatter the Shadows for the last 5% cuz whatever.

Rift Disciple

igp hm 2nd boss - saw 2 times during same fight, after wipe added /cancelbuf to macro - I have 100% health shield visually and his magic hits to 50% of my health, while shield still full 99% maybe.

That how "15% bug" could work visually.

In CoA didn't notice actually, it was dragon, so no hard hits.

Exclamation

yeah I am watching all my tank shields just melting away or not even being hit in bypass in NTEs

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    yeah I am watching all my tank shields just melting away or not even being hit in bypass in NTEs
    The Horror!

Nothing changed, healing feels the same, tanking feels the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Aayden View Post
    The Horror!

Nothing changed, healing feels the same, tanking feels the same.
    some of us might be bugged then, havnt seen it in everything

isnt this a nerf to arbiter tanking since it depends mostly on its small shields for mit?

can anyone knowledge about about these things anwer

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    isnt this a nerf to arbiter tanking since it depends mostly on its small shields for mit?

can anyone knowledge about about these things anwer
    I'm sure it broke multiple specs, just like the defiler rework made a lot of encounters annoying / awkward / just plain undoable for groups unlucky enough to not have warlords. That being said, we're ~1 month away from the expac, and future content / spec tweaks will be balanced around this. I still wish they had waited to bring changes like these out, but I do (begrudgingly) understand the importance of fine tuning it live before the big content release. The better things play at release, the more likely the game is to survive.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    I'm sure it broke multiple specs, just like the defiler rework made a lot of encounters annoying / awkward / just plain undoable for groups unlucky enough to not have warlords. That being said, we're ~1 month away from the expac, and future content / spec tweaks will be balanced around this. I still wish they had waited to bring changes like these out, but I do (begrudgingly) understand the importance of fine tuning it live before the big content release. The better things play at release, the more likely the game is to survive.
    well then count VK as a bugged spec from this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5