+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Absorb Shielding Changes

Rift Disciple

Yep, checked essence - it is 15% shield, so if it happens with low health prior I use own 85% shield it will negate better one and bypass 85% dmg which maybe killing blow and waste of better shield.

Quote Originally Posted by alexzk View Post
    Not shielded amount is plain bypassed, so if you have 10% shield first applied, it will bypass 90% which will ignore all next shields they say.
    You guys are misreading this. This is a bug fix that makes the 15% damage bleed through actually relevant, not a major shielding nerf.

Damage isn't going to eat one shield and ignore the rest. Think of it as all of your shielding stacks combining into one big shield stack, with 85% protection and 15% bleed through.

Imagine having a 20k shield, 30k shield, and 50k shield, applied in that order. You take a 50k hit. 42.5k of this 50k will be eaten by the shielding. The 20k shield will be entirely removed, and 22.5k of the 30k shield will be removed.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 10-05-2016 at 07:10 PM.

Rift Disciple

CONFIRMED:

1. tank's focus with 15% shielding essense, opened major rift, gathered all. essence shield is constant up. Health is going down steady ignoring self-shield of tank.
    2. Jumped out, evedaded mobs. Set DD focus(no shields)
    3. Same mobs - health is ok, using tank's shield makes health grow eventually.

So right now, who will pay us to remove all that essences ? >: (and get some new).

Upd: retested, with mages mobs so essence shield happens not so often (bcs of block). Same result - when essence (15%) shield is up - health goes down twice faster.
    Last edited by alexzk; 10-05-2016 at 07:16 PM.

I just tested this on a boss tanking dummy...

I applied absorb shielding in this order:

Don't give up: 20463
    2 stacks of We Stand United: 25110

Damage absorbed: 37519
    Damage taken: 7035

This is roughly a 15% bleed through. I had a bit of We Stand United remaining.

1 stack of We Stand United: 13321

Damage absorbed: 33784
    Damage taken: 11819

Both absorb shields are completely eaten.

Stop making alarmist statements with pseudo 'testing'. If you want some credibility and validity, show combat logs or otherwise prove that damage is ignoring later stacks of absorbs.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 10-05-2016 at 07:27 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    I just tested this on a boss tanking dummy...

I applied absorb shielding in this order:

2 stacks of We Stand United: 25110

Damage absorbed: 37519
    Damage taken: 7035

This is roughly a 15% bleed through. I had a bit of We Stand United remaining.

1 stack of We Stand United: 13321

Damage absorbed: 33784
    Damage taken: 11819

Both absorb shields are completely eaten.
    Yes, when shields are 85% its ok. But I speak about "15% absorb essence". It is randomly happens and very often, so most of the time it is 1st in bufs, so it bypasses plain 85% to me (bleed through is 85% with that tanking essence!)

Like this but 65

http://db.riftscene.com/database/ite...pectral-cries/
    Last edited by alexzk; 10-05-2016 at 07:29 PM.

Plane Touched

Yes, when shields are 85% its ok. But I speak about "15% absorb essence". It is randomly happens and very often, so most of the time it is 1st in bufs, so it bypasses plain 85% to me (bleed through is 85% with that tanking essence!)

Like this but 65

http://db.riftscene.com/database/ite...pectral-cries/
    but your still getting both shields, total damage wise it shouldn't matter

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtheskull View Post
    but your still getting both shields, total damage wise it shouldn't matter
    >>2) Damage that is bled through a shield can no longer be mitigated by other shield effects.

So I have 2 shields:
    1st takes 15% and bleeds 85% (essence)
    2nd takes 85% of 15% - any other shield - skill, healer, weapon...

So total it consumes 15% + 85% of 15% = about 23% instead expected 85% - which could be if all shields are 85%.

Also not sure why ... but buff by essence stays in queue for 30s even if shield is depleted (and naturally this buff is prior any next shield) and it is refreshing each 1-2 seconds when I do AOE on 6 targets (because it refreshes on my hits) - so I have constant 15% shield prior any other 85% shield. Nice work.

So now question is what the hell to do ? New essence is a) hard to find, b)expensive by plat. Also remove device costs real money. Should I (we) wait for the fix of the fix...or can trash it all and just wait new starfall sets because I already bought it. You should say about shields earlier, so I could keep my money .......
    Last edited by alexzk; 10-05-2016 at 07:56 PM.

Plane Touched

>>2) Damage that is bled through a shield can no longer be mitigated by other shield effects.

So I have 2 shields:
    1st takes 15% and bleeds 85% (essence)
    2nd takes 85% of 15% - any other shield - skill, healer, weapon...

So total it consumes 15% + 85% of 15% = about 23% instead expected 85% - which could be if all shields are 85%.
    as I understand it shields don't mitigate each other

the 1st shield consumes 15% of damage x, the 2nd consumes 85% of damage y, any extra damage taken normally

since the shield values of x and y are no longer dependant on each other it shouldn't matter what order unless the total damage at the start was less than x+y

Rift Disciple

as I understand it shields don't mitigate each other

the 1st shield consumes 15% of damage x, the 2nd consumes 85% of damage y, any extra damage taken normally

since the shield values of x and y are no longer dependant on each other it shouldn't matter what order unless the total damage at the start was less than x+y
    It's clearly says "first-in-first-out", order is important.
    It works in such way:

Shield has %% and "up-to"

So: dmg -> %% -> some is bleeding plain->what left (according by shield %%) consumed till "upto" of the shield -> what left is "dmg" for the next shield.

Rift Disciple

Vladd, just make a sort of FIFO 1st by time, then by %% consumption, so 100% shields will go prior 85% shields and 85% will go prior 15%. Inside groups 100-85-15 its no matter who is who, but to keep things fair - we do time sort as well.

Plane Touched

It's clearly says "first-in-first-out", order is important.
    It works in such way:

Shield has %% and "up-to"

So: dmg -> %% -> some is bleeding plain->what left (according by shield %%) consumed till "upto" of the shield -> what left is "dmg" for the next shield.
    and that shields ability to absorb damage is based on the shield itself, not the incoming damage

a 20k 85% shield will always absorb 17k leaving 3k bleedthru, regardless of whether it was the 1st or 2nd

order is only important if the damage is less, or one of the shields is 100%

Rift Disciple

and that shields ability to absorb damage is based on the shield itself, not the incoming damage

a 20k 85% shield will always absorb 17k leaving 3k bleedthru, regardless of whether it was the 1st or 2nd

order is only important if the damage is less, or one of the shields is 100%
    ...are you trolling me ?

20k -> to 15% absorb = 3k taken to consume and 17k left ignoring any next shield; now out of 3k taken we check what we have left in shield, lets say we had 1k left, so 3-1 = 2k and shield depleted (But!). Those 2k are going to the next shield which will take 85% of it ....

BUT! There is other feature ... shield is depleted, but it's "buff" still there for 30s ...and it refreshes by hits (and adding more shield to deplete), so...this small shield is constantly prior 85% shields and it constanlty throws 17k out of 20k to me directly and only 3k to 85% shield.
    So that is exactly what I see fighting mobs in major - small shield + skill shield takes over 50% health and very slow goes down, but health shielded goes down as no shields at all.
    Last edited by alexzk; 10-05-2016 at 08:24 PM.

Plane Touched

...are you trolling me ?

20k -> to 15% absorb = 3k taken to consume and 17k left ignoring any next shield; now out of 3k taken we check what we have left in shield, lets say we had 1k left, so 3-1 = 2k and shield depleted (But!). Those 2k are going to the next shield which will take 85% of it ....

BUT! There is other feature ... shield is depleted, but it's "buff" still there for 30s ...and it refreshes by hits (and adding more shield to deplete), so...this small shield is constantly prior 85% shields and it constanlty throws 17k out of 20k to me directly and only 3k to 85% shield.
    none of the 3k in my example goes to the next shield, it is not mitigated anymore, it hits the player, it does not go to the next shield.....only additional damage beyond the first 20k does

that's the whole point of the change as I understand it

Exclamation

PLS VLADD I HAVE SEEN THIS EXPLAINED THREE WAYS ON HERE CAN WE GET CLARIFICATION TO KNOW WHAT IS RIGHT CUZ YER FIRST POST WAS NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD ENOUGH

Rift Disciple

none of the 3k in my example goes to the next shield, it is not mitigated anymore, it hits the player, it does not go to the next shield.....only additional damage beyond the first 20k does

that's the whole point of the change as I understand it
    YES! In your example is 3k and it is equal 17k in my situation. Because I have essence with 15% absorb rate, so this shield absrorbs 3 and passes 17. It is small!!!!!

There are 3 groups known to me:
    100%
    85%
    15%

So if you have 15% somewhere in gear like me - u're ****ed up, this one will make 85% group (all healers) useless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast