+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zojah

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: This seriously needs fixing by the time SP dungeons are being pugged.

  1. #1
    Plane Touched KiwiRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    263

    Default This seriously needs fixing by the time SP dungeons are being pugged.

    Just did a NMC expert in which the rogue/war/prim tank trinket dropped, it was needed by a MAGE.

    No, I obviously don't need it, but warrior in the group expressed interest, his need roll got outweighed by said mage, who simply said "oops, misread".

    This crap needs fixing before SFP dungeons become relevant...
    Implement cross-shard trading for this, on the odd occasion it actually is a mistake...
    Better yet... Make the loot like all other damn loot... class specific only can need it...
    Last edited by KiwiRage; 09-14-2016 at 02:28 AM.
    ~Palmyy@Laethys~
    ~Nefarious MT Primalist
    Nefarious ~ 9/9 MoM(2/2 HM) ~ 4/4 HM CoA, NA #1
    Retired, pending how crap T2 is...

  2. #2
    Plane Walker Zojah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    499

    Default

    I can +1 to this. It's not a problem for me specifically but I can imagine it is a pain for those that are interested in the loot.

    In the NTE's I've been in recently that have been formed through LFG, items are being Need rolled simply because the Need button is active.

    I guess this won't be relevant in 4.0 if all loot will be covered under personal loot.
    Last edited by Zojah; 09-14-2016 at 03:06 AM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Meteorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    I've seen things like INT/WIS daggers being rolled on by warriors and rogues. I've seen STR/DEX daggers being rolled on my mages. I've seen STR/DEX swords being rolled on by mages, and so on, and so forth, purely because the item type is one their class is capable of equipping.

    I've contributed to many threads regarding this, since Storm Legion, and have never to my knowledge seen a Trion response. It would be easy to fix, by marking certain items with class restrictions, e.g. this shiny INT/WIS/SP dagger is mage / cleric only. This STR/DEX/Guard earring is warrior, rogue and primalist only, et cetera.

    The complete lack of response, and a lack of any change, seems to suggest Trion don't care that people click Need on stuff that's completely irrelevant for their class due to their loot system allowing it.
    Last edited by Meteorblade; 09-14-2016 at 04:51 AM.

  4. #4
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    I've seen things like INT/WIS daggers being rolled on by warriors and rogues. I've seen STR/DEX daggers being rolled on my mages. I've seen STR/DEX swords being rolled on by mages, and so on, and so forth, purely because the item type is one their class is capable of equipping.

    I've contributed to many threads regarding this, since Storm Legion, and have never to my knowledge seen a Trion response. It would be easy to fix, by marking certain items with class restrictions, e.g. this shiny INT/WIS/SP dagger is mage / cleric only. This STR/DEX/Guard earring is warrior, rogue and primalist only, et cetera.

    The complete lack of response, and a lack of any change, seems to suggest Trion don't care that people click Need on stuff that's completely irrelevant for their class due to their loot system allowing it.
    Just to play devil's advocate here, if you have REALLY bad weapons, the tooltip damage from a mage sword / dagger might outweigh the gigantic stat losses if you're a war/rogue. Actually, is this still even a thing? I forget if they adjusted wep dmg for casters so this wouldn't happen.

    So I guess a priority system would fix it? Like if the war needs the mage sword for tooltip b/c he's still rocking like expert weapon from an NTE at 70, but the mage also needs it and they both hit "need", the mage's "need" will automatically be prioritized over the warrior's. However, if no caster's need it, the war will win it. It could be something as simple as the game checking the primary stat of the item, and then adding a +100 to the roll if the person's calling matches that stat.

  5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiRage View Post
    Just did a NMC expert in which the rogue/war/prim tank trinket dropped, it was needed by a MAGE.

    No, I obviously don't need it, but warrior in the group expressed interest, his need roll got outweighed by said mage, who simply said "oops, misread".

    This crap needs fixing before SFP dungeons become relevant...
    Implement cross-shard trading for this, on the odd occasion it actually is a mistake...
    Better yet... Make the loot like all other damn loot... class specific only can need it...
    Individual Rewards makes this a non-issue especially in Expert Dungeons. At higher tier raiding than LFR, there might be some player friction but generally those are being run by organized groups that use master loot.
    Last edited by Vladd; 09-14-2016 at 03:11 PM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant DarkDaemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Individual Rewards makes this a non-issue especially in Expert Dungeons. At higher tier raiding than LFR, there might be some player friction but generally those are being run by organized groups that have some sort of master loot system in place.
    Will there be individual rewards in raid rifts and raid level open world content?

  7. #7
    Ascendant Flashmemory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Individual Rewards makes this a non-issue especially in Expert Dungeons. At higher tier raiding than LFR, there might be some player friction but generally those are being run by organized groups that use master loot.
    I hope you make the greater essences soul bound so a select few players don't end up hogging them up in Pug Raid Rift and charging 15K-30K plat for them like they did in NT. That was really a bad decision in my opinion.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 09-14-2016 at 04:05 PM.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Meteorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate here, if you have REALLY bad weapons, the tooltip damage from a mage sword / dagger might outweigh the gigantic stat losses if you're a war/rogue. Actually, is this still even a thing? I forget if they adjusted wep dmg for casters so this wouldn't happen.
    As a quick example...
    Deathblood (caster dagger from Iron Tombs end boss)
    Judgement of the King (warrior sword from Empyrean Core end boss)
    Both weapons are from the same tier, i.e. NTE epics, and the physical class sword has 25% more weaponDPS than the caster one. You'd lose such a huge amount of STR/DEX/CP/AP/PC in order to take a caster weapon as a physical class that any player doing so is likely to find themselves rapidly added to ignore lists.

  9. #9
    Ral
    Ral is offline
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    I've seen things like INT/WIS daggers being rolled on by warriors and rogues. I've seen STR/DEX daggers being rolled on my mages. I've seen STR/DEX swords being rolled on by mages, and so on, and so forth, purely because the item type is one their class is capable of equipping.

    I've contributed to many threads regarding this, since Storm Legion, and have never to my knowledge seen a Trion response. It would be easy to fix, by marking certain items with class restrictions, e.g. this shiny INT/WIS/SP dagger is mage / cleric only. This STR/DEX/Guard earring is warrior, rogue and primalist only, et cetera.

    The complete lack of response, and a lack of any change, seems to suggest Trion don't care that people click Need on stuff that's completely irrelevant for their class due to their loot system allowing it.
    Please no, I like being able to use my token boost cloth armor on any character.

    Also can we go back to 70 box gear (if it even exists) being BtA for most if not all upgrades in SP since the NTCE exploit that still technically exists albeit neutered by the change to box gear from SL to NT but won't be relevant in SP?
    Last edited by Ral; 09-15-2016 at 02:50 AM.

  10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Will there be individual rewards in raid rifts and raid level open world content?
    Yes. Those types of activities are covered as well.

    To be clear though, this is for Starfall Prophecy content. We do not have plans to retroactively add Individual Rewards to Nightmare Tide or earlier content.
    Last edited by Vladd; 09-15-2016 at 09:54 AM.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser TankGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    395

    Default

    don't forget that many many players don't know that need=gear
    it can be their first game like this or the only

    they can (in their minds) really need gear, plat, item to salvage, and of course wardrobe
    Rift is first game like this for me, I didn't know what to click, what is better -greed or need, I thought that greed was better than some player wrote me simple instructions "click on need that (gear,salvage,plat etc) its way better to get the item.

    and till somebody else said to me that I should need only if better gear I was just clicking need if it was available

    the wardrobe thing for need can be fixed with shard trade option in instances /pray

    I still see 65 player with better gear with int/wis needing str/dex and player who really needed the str gear is crying and I always check ppl who "need" if really need, and like to troll them and also need (unless there is player with lower gear who cliked need)

    and usually, for 90% 65 needed for costume wardrobe, if there would be shard trade available in instances, many could send that item to person who really need (or just for simple costume trading in a healthy fair need greed groups) I would love trion for that
    Last edited by TankGirl; 09-16-2016 at 01:23 AM.
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty/Unstable arts |
    guild Wiewiorki Chaosu!!@Typhiria

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts