+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: CoA Nerfs

Default CoA Nerfs

The time to nerf Comet of Ahnket raid has come, HP of bosses and damage done should be reduced by 50%.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    The time to nerf Comet of Ahnket raid has come, HP of bosses and damage done should be reduced by 50%.
    hard mode -> normal mode
    normal mode -> easy mode
    easy mode -> nte
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Rift Chaser

Just buff 1 button specs
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Why? EM/NM seem fine. HM is HM for a reason.

A Rift screenshot collection.

Watch me on Twitch

I will be extremely disappointed if Hard Mode is nerfed (well, the first 3 bosses, we all know Lord Fionn is a joke).

Fyragnos is the only fight that's actually quite engaging for a ST healer, with the heal checks on Herecius being awesome for a Warden.

Champion

Frankly, I think they should have nerfed CoA weeks ago. We have something like two months until the expansion drops, and there's still a huge portion of the playerbase that hasn't even had a hope at being in there on anything but easy (and many players don't even do EM runs b/c hericius is still very mechanically dependent and most EM pug groups aren't coordinated enough for Fionn).

Even though MoM 4-5/9 is dirt easy right now, most players don't pug it because it's annoying trying to get 20 raiders together anymore. With a nerfed CoA i think we would start to see a lot more T3 pugs as well, especially since it becomes much more alt-friendly.

That being said, 50% is kinda nuts for a 10 man. Methinks 10-15% would be plenty, maybe with a more significant reduction of certain mechanics.

Rift Master

Uhhh - how about no to nerfs? EM and NM are easy enough. And with the expansion only a few months away for exactly what do you need Tower Sigils? As for pugging? Last week I got HM Hericius on an alt in a pug, 4/4 (with HM Duke, Fyrg and the minis) on the main in a pug, 4/4 normal mode on another alt in a mixed guild/pug run, 4/4 easy mode on a fresh 65 in a pure pug, and 6/9 MoM on the main in a pure pug. No one has ever accused me of having any skill in this game so if I can raid like that it can't be all that hard.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Uviktig View Post
    Uhhh - how about no to nerfs? EM and NM are easy enough. And with the expansion only a few months away for exactly what do you need Tower Sigils? As for pugging? Last week I got HM Hericius on an alt in a pug, 4/4 (with HM Duke, Fyrg and the minis) on the main in a pug, 4/4 normal mode on another alt in a mixed guild/pug run, 4/4 easy mode on a fresh 65 in a pure pug, and 6/9 MoM on the main in a pure pug. No one has ever accused me of having any skill in this game so if I can raid like that it can't be all that hard.
    I think this goes back to the forums not being a good representation of the general playerbase. On the whole, the forums are populated by some of the best players in the game, so just speaking from your own experience about what's best for everyone is pretty meaningless. It's like you're trying to represent a demographic that you're barely even a part of.

I believe there are 20 guilds NA (could be worldwide, but I think its NA) that have cleared HM Eblius, and that's the first boss. I know there aren't a lot of raiding guilds left, but I still find it unsettling that an expansion is about to end with its newest raid only having been cleared on HM by a handful of players.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    I think this goes back to the forums not being a good representation of the general playerbase. On the whole, the forums are populated by some of the best players in the game, so just speaking from your own experience about what's best for everyone is pretty meaningless. It's like you're trying to represent a demographic that you're barely even a part of.

I believe there are 20 guilds NA (could be worldwide, but I think its NA) that have cleared HM Eblius, and that's the first boss. I know there aren't a lot of raiding guilds left, but I still find it unsettling that an expansion is about to end with its newest raid only having been cleared on HM by a handful of players.
    It gives people something to work towards while 4.0 is launched? eazy mode is for gearing up 800 hit alts, normal mode is a joke, and hard mode only has 2 "challenging" bosses.
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Telaran

The biggest problem for now is the playerbase, it's realy bad if you cannot do more then 50k dps or don't know more then 1 spec in full T2 gear.
    So for those who want nerf learn specs and then come back because CoA is realy to easy, well except third boss is a challenge

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by faabs View Post
    The biggest problem for now is the playerbase, it's realy bad if you cannot do more then 50k dps or don't know more then 1 spec in full T2 gear.
    So for those who want nerf learn specs and then come back because CoA is realy to easy, well except third boss is a challenge
    All of the herpaderp 1 button specs kill the last remnants of the playerbase. Wiped for an hour on DG because people were using the OP's one button warlord and killing the wisp sub 20 percent.

King of Slackers

There is a CoA HM?
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Soulwalker

yeah 100% nerf coa just destroy the game even more than it already is, why not while we are at it nerf aky and AA let badies kill that aswell :/

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    many players don't even do EM runs b/c hericius is still very mechanically dependent and most EM pug groups aren't coordinated enough for Fionn
    Which puts the problem not with the raid, but with the players. If you want intro mode, wait for 4.0 to hit. Raiding still involves being able to pay attention to mechanics, and to output at least reasonable DPS and/or healing.

A Rift screenshot collection.

Watch me on Twitch

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tychessa View Post
    yeah 100% nerf coa just destroy the game even more than it already is, why not while we are at it nerf aky and AA let badies kill that aswell :/
    CoA doesn't need a nerf in my opinion because it already has introductory and normal modes. Akylios and Arisen Arak however may be reasonable to nerf because not only do they have only 1 difficulty mode each, but also because the reason most frequently tendered for not progressing these bosses is that the loot is simply not worth the effort.

Attaching inflammatory names to players doesn't help your cause. This kind of behavior only drives a larger wedge between those who want a challenge and those who are looking for more relaxing ways to spend their leisure time. Surely there is some middle ground between those who love piano play style specs and those who favor IA style raid instances?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast