+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DarkDaemon

Thread: Faux's melee/ranged debuff name?

Plane Walker

Default Faux's melee/ranged debuff name?

Bright Bioluminescence: 15 Second buff on Fauxmire. All ranged attacks will radiate damage 5 meters around them. Only one player can get this at a time and it moves players every second.
    So only 1 player cant attack (if not spread out) at one time? What's the name of debuff on the player? It's not 'Bright Bioluminescence' since i have it on kalert and it has never proced.

It's a buff the boss gets. Bright Bioluminescence is green, Vibrant Bioluminescence is blue.

I didn't think it was for one person. I thought it was anyone that hits the boss with a ranged or melee ability (depending on the buff) will deal damage to anyone within 5m.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Plane Walker

So i suppose the description at http://www.riftntraids.com/fauxmire.html is wrong...

What damage does do it? Does it damage the one who used the ability too, or only his surrounding players?
    Last edited by Wowo; 07-28-2016 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowo View Post
    So i suppose the description at http://www.riftntraids.com/fauxmire.html is wrong...
    Yeah, I just took a look at Oria's guide. His says nothing about it only being on one player.
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

First of all Rift NT Raids guides are incorrect a lot of the time. The buff on the boss affects everyone. If people aren't spread out, any damage they do will radiate to nearby players. You want your melee to spread out, the boss has a huge hitbox so there should be plenty of room for all of melee to spread out. You want everyone to pick a spot around the boss and stick to that spot after every move.

Dependent on what buff the boss has you want those dps to simply stop attacking while they are getting into the dark circle. Like if he has the blue buff, all melee should stop attacking, run into the circle, run back out to their spot and then resume attacking. And the same for ranged dps for the green buff. Even healers that do damage should stop as well as their attacks will register as ranged. Most deaths on that fight will happen while running to that circle.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Also, make sure your tank stops damage when he's holding the boss in the purple during Vibrant. I have had the unfortunate experience of killing a guildie that way.
    Last edited by Artewig; 07-28-2016 at 07:18 AM.

Shield of Telara

Thanks for pointing this out.

On a side note. Take an extra healer and heal through any damage from Bright/Vibrant. The dps check is completely irrelevant now.

Plane Walker

The mechanic affects the entire raid.

The damage mechanics are a little unusual.

Each second it radiates damage around all players that have used a melee or ranged attack depending on the debuff. Which means it cannot be triggered more than once each second whether by multiple players or multiple attacks. It does not damage the player who used the ability and the damage comes from the boss, which makes it hard to track.

Ticks of channels will not trigger it. However, it is based on attack type, not range. 20m or 35m melee attacks still count as melee. Shock Pulse, Primalist attacks, and technically ranged DoTs are all types of things that are easy to overlook.

It is an average of a 40k hit no more than once per second. So if your raid is not struggling to meet the DPS check, you can just overheal it.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by archcomponent View Post
    It does not damage the player who used the ability and the damage comes from the boss, which makes it hard to track.
    so simply look at damage taken and see who didnt get damaged (exclude players far away from those that got damaged)?

I supposed if there's > 1 players that attacked, then everyone will get damaged (the attacker by another attacker's attack)?

Quote Originally Posted by archcomponent View Post
    Ticks of channels will not trigger it. However, it is based on attack type, not range. 20m or 35m melee attacks still count as melee. Shock Pulse, Primalist attacks, and technically ranged DoTs are all types of things that are easy to overlook.
    How do you know if an ability is melee or range, if the range of the ability is not the classification?

Also will placing DoTs trigger it? Only the initial tick? What about AOE abilities (not targeted)?
    Last edited by Wowo; 07-29-2016 at 05:52 PM.

so simply look at damage taken and see who didnt get damaged (exclude players far away from those that got damaged)?
    I wouldn't worry about figuring out who it is, but it's probably easier just to watch the meter. Whoever's dps isn't falling at that moment didn't stop. If one of those players is in range of the one that got damaged, there's your answer. But it's really not a big deal to figure out who.

How do you know if an ability is melee or range, if the range of the ability is not the classification?

Also will placing DoTs trigger it? Only the initial tick? What about AOE abilities (not targeted)?
    They say whether they're melee or ranged abilities on the tooltips. Now, I'm not 100% sure as I don't play a spec with a range extender (Grasping the Horizons, Phantom Blades, Innumerable Shadows), but I believe abilities affected by the extender are still considered melee.

DoTs will only trigger the AoE on the first tick. AoE abilities will trigger the AoE. It's a buff on the boss so it's not abilities you use, but rather abilities that hit the boss. So if you're off spamming an aoe ability away from the boss, you'd be fine, but if that aoe hits the boss, it will trigger the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    They say whether they're melee or ranged abilities on the tooltips. Now, I'm not 100% sure as I don't play a spec with a range extender (Grasping the Horizons, Phantom Blades, Innumerable Shadows), but I believe abilities affected by the extender are still considered melee.
    They're still melee for the purposes of all buffs and debuffs. This includes Dark Genesis' range reversal. Grasping will simply add 20 meters to the range of your melee abilities.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    They're still melee for the purposes of all buffs and debuffs. This includes Dark Genesis' range reversal. Grasping will simply add 20 meters to the range of your melee abilities.
    I guess shaman has only Ekkehard's Grasp and Sanction Heretic as ranged attack then.

what happens to melee attacks with a range during genesis's range reversal?
    Eg. lightning hammer, melee attack with a range of 30

I guess shaman has only Ekkehard's Grasp and Sanction Heretic as ranged attack then.

what happens to melee attacks with a range during genesis's range reversal?
    Eg. lightning hammer, melee attack with a range of 30
    They'll probably be flipped to melee (assuming the 30m range is from soul tree branch points). Branch points change the tagging of abilities. However, I can't be 100% sure, since masteries don't change ability tagging.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 07-30-2016 at 07:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread