+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Hepatits
  • 2 Post By Trauumhaft
  • 2 Post By Harski

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The Mana Drain Master List

Default The Mana Drain Master List

With the coming of 3.7 comes the death of mana drain. This means there are several bosses that will need to be changed or the bosses will become unkillable. So here we go...

Mount Sharax - Threngar
    Hammerknell - Inquisitor Garau
    Tyrant's Forge - Mecha-Crucia
    Bindings of Blood and Infernal Dawn - Laethys

Please add to this list. While trivial, there are probably Storm Legion or Vanilla raid bosses with this mechanic as well that should be corrected. (I wasn't raiding SL or Vanilla, so I don't know.)
    Last edited by Hepatits; 07-06-2016 at 10:47 AM.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

FT Crucia
    Laethys (Bindings of Blood and Infernal Dawn)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    FT Crucia
    Mana drain on Crucia was usually done by the Mech, which has a set of unique abilities, so this fight should still be fine.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Why does mana drain get removed again?
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Shield of Telara

PvP cry babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    They're reworking Dominator into something that can actually kill things so one of the things they decided to remove is the mana drain. Without dominator as a reliable source of drains, they could add more drains to other things or just remove the mechanic altogether. They chose the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    could add more drains to other things
    I had hoped for mana draining to be added to the reworked Saboteur. I mean, currently they are not "sabotaging" a lot anyway...

*edit*
    I guess the rework on Sab will be more about removing the dependency on ground targetted stuff, which I don't mind personally as long as Tactician gets a rework into the AoE machine of death (for moving targets) that it used to be...
    Tactician is utterly useless outside of phys/tact and as offsoul for Riftstalker, and for a paid soul that is strange to say the least...
    Last edited by Electrah; 07-06-2016 at 12:33 PM.
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Trauumhaft View Post
    I have no idea what I'm talking about.
    Er, more like because that's all PvE players know how to do. They just cheese WFs by playing stupid crap like Titan for the lolrunspeed or Arbdom because they're awful at everything else. These are the same players who probably thought they were good at healing when FK was first released.

So yeah, mana drains are dumb in PvP. They can be pretty much abusive in other classes too like Assassin and the such. I'm sure the complaints against mana drains go much further than just PvP players complaining about it, since PvErs get it worse when they don't know how to LoS a Dom's mana drain.
    Last edited by Wonski; 07-06-2016 at 01:47 PM.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Electrah View Post
    I had hoped for mana draining to be added to the reworked Saboteur. I mean, currently they are not "sabotaging" a lot anyway...

*edit*
    I guess the rework on Sab will be more about removing the dependency on ground targetted stuff, which I don't mind personally as long as Tactician gets a rework into the AoE machine of death (for moving targets) that it used to be...
    Tactician is utterly useless outside of phys/tact and as offsoul for Riftstalker, and for a paid soul that is strange to say the least...
    Yeah, I still don't understand why Saboteur is getting a rework over Tactician, seeing that Saboteur performs well, albeit a little mindlessly well (kind of a 1-3 button spec depending on the player). I am disappointed that Tactician is not getting a rework done in this cycle of reworks, but this is understandable given that you could make Tactician ridiculously OP with certain adjustments. Still it does suck knowing that Tactician is just about good for PvE content as off-souls and just plain awful in PvP.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

We removed the damage multiplier based on mana from Threngar's Consuming Darkness and made Garau's Bloodtide interruptible for both the raid and intrepid IA versions.

Edit addition: Storm of Treasures has been removed from Laeyths in Bindings of Blood as well.
    Last edited by Vladd; 07-07-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Since you're working on Dom as a result of this, could you possibly do a little to Nightblade too? Overall it's fine but losing the mana drain component from Touch of Darkness definietly hurts your ability to burst down a healer in PvP, which was already pretty much only possible once per minute anyway.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carinae View Post
    Mana drain on Crucia was usually done by the Mech, which has a set of unique abilities, so this fight should still be fine.
    The mech disappears once you cross the 'bridge' and Crucia lands on Platform 2, if it's a bunch of 65's doing it for achievements or whatever the DPS should kill her before she can do any damage with her increasing mana pool but 'back in the day' she had to be drained in this stage as well.

Plane Touched

they could remove pvp also to reduce stress on servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    The mech disappears once you cross the 'bridge' and Crucia lands on Platform 2, if it's a bunch of 65's doing it for achievements or whatever the DPS should kill her before she can do any damage with her increasing mana pool but 'back in the day' she had to be drained in this stage as well.

That's not true. You can cancelbuff out of the mechs, but the mechs won't disappear until she flies up at 60%, allowing them to completely manage the mana drain.
    The cockroaches won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records
    4.1 Champion 4.1 Overlord 4.1 Riftblade 4.1 Reaver 4.1 Tempest 4.1 Warpest
    3.7 Beastmaster 3.7 Liberator 3.7 Paladin 3.7 Void Knight

+ Reply to Thread