+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Herecius Waves

Default Herecius Waves

Any chance these could stop spawning at like 11-12% or something? Someone said they stop spawning at 6 minutes, but that's not the case. It's really frustrating to have half your dps die to invisible waves running to their mushroom for Shroomageddon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

The entire concept of an invisible mechanic is stupid. But yeah. They ought to not happen during the burn. Sometimes they don't. Sometimes they do. It's annoying and unfun.

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    The entire concept of an invisible mechanic is stupid.
    To coordinate your whole raid based on 2 people which have to speak with each other is pretty fun in my opinion.
    The stuff which is not good about it is that it happens during Shroomageddon and that you sometimes can see both waves (maybe it`s just working with the blue buff but idk) which defeats the purpose of having to 2 members coordinating your raid (which is also countered by safespots).
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    To coordinate your whole raid based on 2 people which have to speak with each other is pretty fun in my opinion.
    The stuff which is not good about it is that it happens during Shroomageddon and that you sometimes can see both waves (maybe it`s just working with the blue buff but idk) which defeats the purpose of having to 2 members coordinating your raid (which is also countered by safespots).
    Don't get me wrong, I love the mechanic (though it's a bummer you can completely ignore it), I just think it shouldn't happen during Shroomageddon. The Vis burn is about as complicated as a burn phase should get (the beam). Even if they were visible to everyone, the mechanic just shouldn't happen during that phase.
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

For me raiding is all about coordinating between different people from different countries and different backgrounds. It's fun, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I just think it shouldn't happen during Shroomageddon
    I agree with you there...
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

There is a safespot on every mushroom while you'r dpsing it. It is best to find out that safespot first and you can hope for RNG that it doesn't kill your raid. But I totally agree It's a stupid idea
    NightmareTide :: Cleared!

Worldadidas@Gelidra

One might argue that using "safespots" is exploiting. One could also say that if a hypothetical guild would use safespots on that fight, people in ranged specs are safe, whereas people in melee specs can only pray they don't go *splat*...

Praying and hoping for a favourable RNG shouldn't have any role to play during raiding...
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Electrah View Post
    One might argue that using "safespots" is exploiting. One could also say that if a hypothetical guild would use safespots on that fight, people in ranged specs are safe, whereas people in melee specs can only pray they don't go *splat*...

Praying and hoping for a favourable RNG shouldn't have any role to play during raiding...
    How is using a safe spot an exploit? They chose to make it scripted paths that don't ever change. Although I think this implementation makes a mechanic trivial, I wouldn't call not standing in a death path an exploit. I would like to see the waves be more like the phase rips of Kyzan or possibly a double swell mechanic where it collapses from the outter wall onto the boss and then expands back out requiring two jumps.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post
    How is using a safe spot an exploit? They chose to make it scripted paths that don't ever change. Although I think this implementation makes a mechanic trivial, I wouldn't call not standing in a death path an exploit. I would like to see the waves be more like the phase rips of Kyzan or possibly a double swell mechanic where it collapses from the outter wall onto the boss and then expands back out requiring two jumps.
    One could also say that scripted boss attack range would never change, and it would also make a mechanic trivial. Try again.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tundy View Post
    One could also say that scripted boss attack range would never change, and it would also make a mechanic trivial. Try again.
    I mean sure you could compare a death path of waves to obviously avoid to a rooted for no reason boss that you outrange and force no action from for infinite time (making enrage trivial not a mechanic!) ....or you could try again to add some quality input on the thread and not continue the salt mine that was exploits past

Quote Originally Posted by Tundy View Post
    That is totally different from the topic here. We're talking about the safe spot on the mushrooms to avoid getting hit by the waves while you're burning them/running to them. But I'm sure you already know that.

Telaran

Cool

just smile and wave

Rift Master

I know they've probably moved on and won't make any more changes to any existing raids now but would still be nice if waves stop spawning during shroomageddon.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Safespots are about the only way to coordinate an entire raid with two people an any reasonable effectiveness. With one person, the raid can just stack on one person, that simply isn't possible with two.

Interesting concept, I suspect the first nerf will be to make the waves visible...
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Quote Originally Posted by Carinae View Post
    Safespots are about the only way to coordinate an entire raid with two people an any reasonable effectiveness.
    It`s doable without safe spots but it`s a learning effort in coordination and communication.

Like the first person stands safe and the other one says the direction where it is safe if the raid stands in the other color they don`t see. It sounds simple but still requires some time to get used to it. Ofc you want to have voicechat ;)
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast