+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Hardmode Hericius v3

Shadowlander

Default Hardmode Hericius v3

Quote from Ocho in the 2nd locked thread:

"He's learned the benefits of ranged attacks. Closing this version as well."

This has not been in the patch notes? Is it on the PTS? Or was it pushed to live "secretly"?

On a side note, it would be nice if you actually didn't close the old threads so we could actually get answers in them and are not forced to make new threads about a topic that it is very clear that ppl care about.
    Last edited by Needhelpz; 06-30-2016 at 06:16 AM. Reason: typo

It's hard to answer yao when there is obvious fault from devs so its best to close the topic instead answering player's question.
    My main concern is WHY was it not fixed quite a time ago, I am pretty sure devs knew it Ocho so it's no point hiding in dark side seriously. Also would like to know proper answer instead answering in riddles and treating players like a kindergarten. And don't lock it please I know thats one way to avoid many things but will only create more concerns to players.
    NightmareTide :: Cleared!

Worldadidas@Gelidra

I guess I don't understand the need for cryptic messages like that. Clear communication is key (especially when it's your job). It would take no more effort to say "Next patch, you will no longer be able to out-range Herecius' attacks".

The whole Herecius incident has been an example of horrendous communication and it's part of what's being discussed on Reddit. What exactly is being said and why is it difficult to just say it in a clear and concise manner?

From a problem that stemmed from lack of communication or poor communication, I'm surprised that there hasn't really been any outward attempts to improve that communication. You have players legitimately concerned that they may run into a similar situation as Cori and the concern is that the communication regarding that situation was so poor, people don't want to end up in the same situation (permabanned and potentially glyph banned, if what I've heard is true). Saying "don't cheat" is a general response that still doesn't provide any clarification.

While I understand that there is often information you cannot release, I think the information you can release needs work.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Telaran

Oh **** ***** that's some dank kush.

Also, I smell another [redacted] inc for [redacted].

I wouldn't mind some clarification on this as [redacted]ing folks who openly exploit vs [redacted]'s arrogance in exploiting [redacted]. Could we get any clarification on the [redacted] and [redacted] situation?

You know, stl blues fans are also this shady and shifty when you try to get accurate information from them.

Go [redacted] yourself [redacted]

Did I do forums right [redacted]?

GO BLACKHAWKS EYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Last edited by Drewsy; 06-30-2016 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewsy View Post
    Oh **** ***** that's some dank kush.

Also, I smell another [redacted] inc for [redacted].

I wouldn't mind some clarification on this as [redacted]ing folks who openly exploit vs [redacted]'s arrogance in exploiting [redacted]. Could we get any clarification on the [redacted] and [redacted] situation?

You know, stl blues fans are also this shady and shifty when you try to get accurate information from them.

Go [redacted] yourself [redacted]

Did I do forums right [redacted]?
    No, you forgot "Go Blackhawks"
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    No, you forgot "Go Blackhawks"
    Fixed.

/10c

in my experience most of the changes to raid encounters after they're released aren't ever in the patch notes for reasons i have never been able to understand.

raiding gets even more interesting when you have to send tells to the raid leader of four different guilds mid raid because you're not sure if a boss has been changed, or if it's broken.

just think of it as another raid mechanic (sun)
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

I have a feeling that my signature will be very relevant to this thread very very shortly.

I can just say it again, a bug slipped to live? Admit to it, explain it, name the exploit, apologize for the mess up and nobody would get upset, whysohardtrion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    I really would like to answer to that, but no matter how hard I try, I find no way to do that without tripping over some of the red lines that are in place here.
    So at least I cannot discuss anything I want here, even though it is not personal, no vendetta, no rant, no trolling - just a couple of facts I dare not mention here.
    QFT

Any update on this?

Worldadidas@Gelidra

They were added into the patch notes two days after release.

See post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zojah View Post
    They were added into the patch notes two days after release.

See post here.
    So It's still possible to go range and dodge the enrage attacks?!? Or Jump on the building and completely cheese the boss into a dummy
    Still not sure how to go 1min over enrage. please halp

Worldadidas@Gelidra

Quote Originally Posted by WorldAdidas View Post
    So It's still possible to go range and dodge the enrage attacks?!? Or Jump on the building and completely cheese the boss into a dummy
    Still not sure how to go 1min over enrage. please halp
    His auto attack is now ranged - it's still possible to dodge the initial/splash damage.

You couldn't go on the walls to avoid for a long time now.

There were several mechanics changes to EZ mode two weeks ago as well. Not all bad TBH. Surprising, but not bad.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    There were several mechanics changes to EZ mode two weeks ago as well. Not all bad TBH. Surprising, but not bad.
    Like? Sorry I don't do easy mode but i would love to know too!

Worldadidas@Gelidra

Quote Originally Posted by WorldAdidas View Post
    Like? Sorry I don't do easy mode but i would love to know too!
    Ascended Odds!, stacks now apply only in combat, so you can't suicide run, AFK for 15 minutes and crush the bosses.
    Hericius, the red and blue waves are now invisible most of the time, requiring the use of the Trion Approved safe spots or people who can do mechanics. (They've still killed me more than once when running to my shroom during Shroomageddon.
    Hericius, Shroomageddon on EZ mode is a killer now. Because the stacks only apply in combat the DPS of the standard EZ mode folks is soooo much lower than it should be. Just expect to wipe here a few times until you get enough stacks to match your DPS. (This one is my only gripe about the changes. EZ/NM/HM should have different shroom healths or Shroomageddon times.)
    Fyragnos, now with melee AoE! Nope, he didn't used to do Inferno Blast on EZ mode. Highly recommended to stand at the edge of his wings to avoid this mechanic now.
    Azaphrentus, now drops Dark Star in EZ mode. Unfortunately, it seems like it only drops at his feet now. I could be mistaken though. I only did it once in the past two weeks and it always dropped under his feet (Could have just perma-targetted the one melee guy or the tank). Ignorable on EZ mode though, as there are no waves and the DPS check is LOL.
    Eblius, The Aliavax centaur appropriately pulls people in and immediately casts his AoE on THREE people instead of the one or two he was doing before. (This actually caused us a wipe because we were complacent about the fight when we went in. This was the first "AHA!" moment.)
    Fionn, because the stacks work appropriately for a non-T3 group he's actually killable without everyone being 1400 hit. This is going to help everyone learn Fionn's mechanics and push everything forward. (The guide we currently have on him is definitely not our best work right now.)

I may have missed a thing or two, but generally appreciated all the changes.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast