+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Meanwhile in Middle Earth (take 2)

Default Meanwhile in Middle Earth (take 2)

I've been keeping an eye on the LOTRO forums as they have a raid coming up. But... the PTS testers have uncovered some bugs and asked them to delay the launch. Yesterday the community manager made this post:

"Based on direct player feedback, we are delaying the launch of Update 18.2 while we address some issues found with our upcoming raid. The new launch date will be announced as soon as we have resolved these issues."

Lo and behold, the subsequent posts are as follows:

Thank you, Frelorn - this update should be pretty amazing, and by taking some time to make it as good as it can be, I'm sure it will find an even more positive response from the player base. Many thanks for listening to community feedback!

Fantastic! Thank you

I wholeheartedly applaud this decision. Why is such an important announcement buried in a thread, should this not be a new topic in the Announcements forum

I think most players will be pleased to hear this. This raid has the potential to be one of the best pieces of content in recent years, so thank you for taking the extra time to (hopefully) make it the best it can be.

etc. etc. etc.

Not one post saying, "Jeez guys, just release the damn content on time!"
    Last edited by Wilkoss; 06-28-2016 at 12:39 PM.

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

Plane Walker

Why repeat a thread?

Because it was posted in the raid guides sub by accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

I just hope someone high up in Trion with the power to delay a release has a read of that thread and the positive community feedback in it. It's what we've been crying out for for pretty much every major content release in the last 2 years.

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I just hope someone high up in Trion with the power to delay a release has a read of that thread and the positive community feedback in it.
    Probably would have to ask Scott because Archonix can`t do that or is strongly opposed to delaying things for improving quality.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I've been keeping an eye on the LOTRO forums as they have a raid coming up.
    Played LoTR a heck of a lot back in the day, right up until they released Mirkwood Expansion and unfortunately it went a bit downhill from there

Still log in now and then, mostly to just ride around the new zones, exploring, can't do any of the quests unless i actually buy the quest packs for each zone so playing as F2P is out of the question.

Did take a look at people running the new raid. Throne of the Dread Terror, but it's age is now definitely showing, what between char animations and bosses, it looks very dated, a pity, anyhow here's that raid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHCAeKokFjs

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

Did take a look at people running the new raid. Throne of the Dread Terror, but it's age is now definitely showing, what between char animations and bosses, it looks very dated, a pity, anyhow here's that raid.
    Well back in the day - due to techniical limitations - the boss/arena wasnt the encounter in MMORPGs. The real encounter was the icons and castbars. Fast forward to 2016 and we have MMOs that can fully visualize fights.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    because Archonix can`t do that or is strongly opposed to delaying things for improving quality.
    That would be incorrect. Wildly incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    So he can make that call and isn't opposed to delaying things for improving quality and just isn't because....?
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    So he can make that call and isn't opposed to delaying things for improving quality and just isn't because....?
    That is another assumption that is incorrect.

Most major MMOs have some things they do better and some they do worse.

I played LOTRO from release until not that long ago (with a break or two). I would still be playing it if not for the atrocity of mounted combat.

Rift does some things worse but quite a few that it does better.

Rift Disciple

So why do you insist on continually releasing unfinished raids?
    Just here for the spreadsheets

Rift Disciple

Are these vague and sarcastic comments supposed to be helpful to anyone?
    Last edited by Pancakedrawer; 06-30-2016 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancakedrawer View Post
    Are these vague and sarcastic comments supposed to be helpful to anyone?
    Ironically exactly what I was talking about in my other post.

Rift Chaser

So what is the reason every major raid release has been buggy and broken? Every guild that has tested the content urged you to delay release until it was fixed but....nothing happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast