+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nevponya

Thread: Cleave throuth mechanic cast

Soulwalker

Default Cleave throuth mechanic cast

Boss turns facing the raid to cast some mechanics and cleaves the raid instead of the tank. It's known from the Drowned Halls, both Hammerknell and we can see that on Duke Eblius CoA. What about fixing that? Maybe reason is insufficient collaboration with raiders? Maybe you didn't know about existence of this bug? Enigma on Lord Stupid Arak encounter cleaves us after spawn, so we exploit that to avoid wipe. Later we have guessed that it is necessary to choose other position. How we had to guess? Fix? Instant attraction? Bad joke. I don't know any boss in MoM which wouldn't be bugged. Seriously, no one. Repont on each of bugs in general can help something? Really? Obviously everything, what are you doing well, you ban players and cancel kills of bosses. What about release correct content and correction of content, your direct duties?
    Last edited by nevponya; 06-21-2016 at 09:06 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by nevponya View Post
    Boss turns facing the raid to cast some mechanics and cleaves the raid instead of the tank. It's known from the Drowned Halls, both Hammerknell and we can see that on Duke Eblius CoA. What about fixing that? Maybe reason is insufficient collaboration with raiders? Maybe you didn't know about existence of this bug? Enigma on Lord Stupid Arak encounter cleaves us after spawn, so we exploit that to avoid wipe. Later we have guessed that it is necessary to choose other position. How we had to guess? Fix? Instant attraction? Bad joke. I don't know any boss in MoM which wouldn't be bugged. Seriously, no one. Repont on each of bugs in general can help something? Really? Obviously everything, what are you doing well, you ban players and cancel kills of bosses. What about release correct content and correction of content, your direct duties?
    ®

Never seen this before, in any storm legion raid or nightmare tide raid, unless the tank never had/lost aggro, died or was standing with the raid.

Are your tanks, perhaps, slow?
    Last edited by Aeral; 06-22-2016 at 03:41 AM.

Aenomaly former <Fires of Heaven>
    Aenomaly - Draenor
    T1: 12/12 - T2: 15/15 - T3: 9/9 - World #1 Arisen Arak
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeral View Post
    ®

Never seen this before, in any storm legion raid or nightmare tide raid, unless the tank never had/lost aggro, died or was standing with the raid.

Are your tanks, perhaps, slow?
    Oh it happens in plenty of fights, albeit infrequently. The boss turns around to perform a mechanic, then while turning back to face the tank cleaves the raid. Nothing to do with tanks, everything to do with cleave being used immediately after some other mechanic. I've only seen it happen once on Eblius.

This used to happen a lot more frequently on Eblius than it does now. A fix went in for it that reduced the rate of seeing this happen, but it still happens, albeit infrequently.
    NA#1 T-Rex. One of the token aussies for -Lemme Smash-
    RIP Coriolis.

PrancingTurtle online log parser

Ascendant

Happens all the time with the Tyrant of Wilds boss. Really frustrating if you're trying to melee.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Quote Originally Posted by Carinae View Post
    Happens all the time with the Tyrant of Wilds boss. Really frustrating if you're trying to melee.
    The tyrant of the wilds doesn't have a frontal cleave.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    The tyrant of the wilds doesn't have a frontal cleave.
    I'm thinking of the big T-Rex boss, maybe I got the quest confused.

There's no red cone or any indication, but if you stand next to the tank you'll get cleaved for ~100k.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

I've seen mechanics like this before, but they weren't as frequent as Duke Eblius was before the fix. Duke still does it on occasion and I've seen similar issues on a few other bosses.

Although it isn't a problem anymore but Lady Envy, before the nerf, would do her attack instantly followed by Envious Touch. There was no warning for it whatsoever, making Puri a requirement and if the Puri wasn't ontop of their game, a miss timed shield could result in an instant death.

The Enigma, though extremely rare, I have seen him turn and cast meteor and instantly cleave the raid.

I think a solution to this would be to add some sort of GCD to Bosses or add a way to prevent the boss from casting certain abilities one after the other.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    The Enigma, though extremely rare, I have seen him turn and cast meteor and instantly cleave the raid.
    Arak's Enigma remember it's direction on spawn for first cleave (facing Arak). So we can see animation cleave another side, but raid instantly dies. Just like first red circle on Lady Justice - it's position is consistent with the position of the boss at pull time, but boss moved a bit.
    There are many bugs associated with incorrect display.
    Last edited by nevponya; 06-24-2016 at 04:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread