+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By DarkDaemon
  • 1 Post By MoMo1
  • 1 Post By Ongar

Thread: NEW RAID SUGGESTION

Default NEW RAID SUGGESTION

I would like to see a new type of raid system that can tailor to a 10 man or greater similar to Nightmare Raid Rifts (NMR) to assist those guilds that cant get the right number of raid members. Why have a set 10 man or 20 man, when you can have a raid that scales. This would be a game changer. Also this would eliminate those who being left out because not having 20 members or two teams for 10 mans. Nobody like to see guild die because they cant get enough players together or have to pug em. I would love to do this. This could create new guides, different scaling dynamics, and even create new strats. thanks.
    ~PlagueWolf
    Guild Master
    <The Royal Guards of Valhalla>
    https://rgovrift.wordpress.com/~Webpage
    https://discordapp.com/widget?id=170354469744148480~DISCORD

So flex?

Quote Originally Posted by PlagueWolf View Post
    I would like to see a new type of raid system that can tailor to a 10 man or greater similar to Nightmare Raid Rifts (NMR) to assist those guilds that cant get the right number of raid members. Why have a set 10 man or 20 man, when you can have a raid that scales. This would be a game changer. Also this would eliminate those who being left out because not having 20 members or two teams for 10 mans. Nobody like to see guild die because they cant get enough players together or have to pug em. I would love to do this. This could create new guides, different scaling dynamics, and even create new strats. thanks.
    Incredibly difficult to tune
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 06-17-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Champion

Personally I would like them to make 15 person raids. How many times do you get 15 and not 20 which makes 5 lose out when they convert to 10.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    Personally I would like them to make 15 person raids. How many times do you get 15 and not 20 which makes 5 lose out when they convert to 10.
    ^ I've been advocating this for years now, 10man and 15man raids seem to fit the population of Rift a lot better than 20man raids.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Even in MMOs with 1 000s or 10 000s of raiding guilds, raid officers always want to downsize to have an ease on the logistics. However its simple; If you dont have enough raiders, you need to PuG some slots. Actually the vast majority of PuG runs I did over the last years were semi guild runs.

In the case of Rift downsizing to 10 men will eventually happen as ultima ratio, but if you have to do it as ultima ratio and go down to 10 men, you will only sustain raiding for little bit longer, but not for too much longer.
    Imagine guild X doing an 20 men raid alt run and they have 11 people for the evening. This means for the evening 9 puggers get a slot and in the long run they will recruit/train 9 new people. If the raid system was 10 men (flex), no pugger would get a slot and the guild wouldnt invest in training new players.

At the same time I think having a 10/20 split makes no sense whatsoever in the current multiple difficulty system. Historically in a single difficulty system you have 10 men raids for friends & family. If you have 3 difficulties this is not needed and causes issues, for example tensions between the A - and B - Team, if they have to raid together for 20 men content and the A - Team feels held back by the B - Team.

So a fixed 15 men raid size for all future raids would be my suggestion.
    Last edited by Ongar; 06-18-2016 at 06:26 AM.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Ongar View Post
    So a fixed 15 men raid size for all future raids would be my suggestion.
    That might actually work. It would also reduce production cost for Trion and make them able to design proper new content.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by PlagueWolf View Post
    I would like to see a new type of raid system that can tailor to a 10 man or greater similar to Nightmare Raid Rifts (NMR) to assist those guilds that cant get the right number of raid members.
    Except the Nightmare Rift scaling doesn't work at all. For instance, the Nightmare V Duo which is basically impossible because none of the mechanics change.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Incredibly difficult to tune
    World of Warcraft does it pretty well. ;)
    Akamix / SGX / Optikalz
    <Versus>
    9/9 MoM + HM

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Blackace View Post
    World of Warcraft does it pretty well. ;)
    Yeah, they also have like 5x more staff available.
    Last edited by Fia; 06-22-2016 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Yeah, they also have like 5x more staff available.
    5 times 0 is still 0
    Kalygos - Kallyh
    Virus@Deepwood
    "Most cleaved rogue WW - Thanks, Wayyne"

+ Reply to Thread