+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Huntie
  • 1 Post By YellowYellow
  • 1 Post By Hepatits
  • 1 Post By Hepatits

Thread: CoA INTRODUCTION MODE loot requires broken cosmoses???

Default CoA INTRODUCTION MODE loot requires broken cosmoses???

Just curious why T2 equivalent loot requires T3 raid drops to upgrade?? This makes no sense to me. It's an introduction to the T3 raid, yes, but the loot is T2 equivalent, and the Ascended Odds buff basically makes this raid, if in combat/dying long enough, equivalent to T1 ease.. so I'm really actually confused why upgrading these items takes a broken cosmos. I could be wrong, but these items do NOT upgrade to T3 equivalent, correct? I thought it only upgraded to tank items, as only DPS/heal stats drop on every piece with a tank upgrade path. Also, we haven't even seen any weapons in 3 weeks drop from Introduction Mode off of any boss, including Fionn. So again I'm confused, and please correct me on anything I'm wrong about. But why T3 item requirement to upgrade an item that is only T2 equivalent? Wouldn't it make more sense to require an eye??

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Because Broken Cosmoses are easily available through CoA NM/HM, HM LJ, and AA.

Though if you are already able to clear any of those to get your broken cosmos for the upgrade, you probably don't even need to upgrade that EM CoA loot anymore, since you should already have the T3 version of that piece.

Still can't think of any logical explanation for that upgrade path but, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowYellow View Post
    Because Broken Cosmoses are easily available through CoA NM/HM, HM LJ, and AA.

Though if you are already able to clear any of those to get your broken cosmos for the upgrade, you probably don't even need to upgrade that EM CoA loot anymore, since you should already have the T3 version of that piece.

Still can't think of any logical explanation for that upgrade path but, oh well.
    That's my point though. The IM version of CoA is T2, so that's not exactly expecting that anyone doing IM CoA could do normal mode CoA... It's a stepping stone, but that first boss starts dropping T3 so why would anyone use a cosmos on T2 that doesn't have a T3 path? It just doesn't make sense to me. I'm hoping it doesn't mean that the tank items are no longer obtainable without cosmos...

I don't think it makes sense to anybody outside of the Trion staff.

All the gear is still convertible to Fortified through a different path unrelated to T3 tokens.

This still works for what I"m doing: Keep my main DPS gear and fill in spots in my off-tank set with EZ CoA loot.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

As it is right now on the hand they give you T2, but at the same time they dont want to force you into T2 for T2 upgrade material, so it requires T3.,,

Whats safe to say is that it wouldnt happen if IM would drop a lowbie T3 piece, NM a medium T3 piece and HM a high end T3 piece.
    Another possibiilty if they want to stick with the "IM is one tier behind" idea, would be to create an IM exclusive upgrade token, that drops only in IM or similar.

IMO having an upgrade path that required Broken Cosmos would be fine if it upgraded to T3.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Shadowlander

Maybe if the broken cosmos were bound to account so you can upgrade your alt's gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Skratz View Post
    Maybe if the broken cosmos were bound to account so you can upgrade your alt's gear?
    That's great for players with mains already doing the content, but that still doesn't solve the issue of players who are currently progressing on this content. So if you have a main that doesn't need the broken cosmos, that's fine, but if your main is receiving the T2 gear, it doesn't help them at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

There's 0 logic in this right now.

Why is the Broken Cosmos not upgrading it to T3 (mom) stats w/ set bonus. Will mean the gear is still behind NM/HM CoA. But it's at least worth it questionably then.

This tier behind, easy mode gear idea is great. But the current upgrade path is stupid.

+ Reply to Thread