+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lethaemis

Thread: Some questions about NM Fionn mechanics

Plane Walker

Default Some questions about NM Fionn mechanics

http://www.riftntraids.com/lord-fionn.html
    Some questions about NM Fionn mechanics-surging.jpg
    Are these the Surging Energy orbs i should walk through to get the buff?

Some questions about NM Fionn mechanics-reactive.png
    Some questions about NM Fionn mechanics-buff.png
    Is this the Overwhelming Energy reactive? I got it by going near Fionn.
    Am i supposed to use it immediately or wait till the Surging Energy buff about to expire?
    Can be removed pre-expiration with Overwhelming Energy.
    This suggests to wait
    Entering a pyramid deals damage every second unless the provided reactive (Overwhelming Energy) is used
    but this suggests to use immediately

During the latter phrase of the fight, there's a mechanic that renders you unable to move. What's the name of the cast that causes this? Can it be cleansed?

When Fionn is 25%, should you dps the witch or fionn?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer any of the above

1. The Surging Energy orbs are yellow, and they are dropped when the Huntsman repel(ie a player gets too close to it)

2. Every 25% Fionn does a phase change. At this point, you move near Fionn and get the reactive, Dark Cabal of Ankhet, which I believe is the only reactive for this fight.

Overwhelming Energy is the white light in the pyramids that damages you for 50% of your current HP or 10% of your maximum HP as damage every 2 seconds(whichever is more).

3. The root is related to Reaper's Mark(cast by Fionn) and Reaper's Blade(cast by Warlord). I believe the root is from Reaper's Mark and cannot be cleansed.

4. Unless you are going for an achievement, you should ignore everything except for Lord Fionn and Motes of Draconic Essence(unless you have a surefire way to keep them away from Fionn).
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    1. The Surging Energy orbs are yellow, and they are dropped when the Huntsman repel(ie a player gets too close to it)
    Some questions about NM Fionn mechanics-fionn-orb.jpg
    These? So i should run over them to get a dps increase, then use a reactive before it expires?

2. Every 25% Fionn does a phase change. At this point, you move near Fionn and get the reactive, Dark Cabal of Ankhet, which I believe is the only reactive for this fight.
    So what's the function of this reactive? Is it for removing the surging energy buff right before it expires?

Overwhelming Energy is the white light in the pyramids that damages you for 50% of your current HP or 10% of your maximum HP as damage every 2 seconds(whichever is more).
    Entering a pyramid deals damage every second unless the provided reactive (Overwhelming Energy) is used
    So this is wrong?

3. The root is related to Reaper's Mark(cast by Fionn) and Reaper's Blade(cast by Warlord). I believe the root is from Reaper's Mark and cannot be cleansed.
    The mechanics for them aren't explained in the website, how do they work? The person who gets targeted by them must run away from raid?

4. Unless you are going for an achievement, you should ignore everything except for Lord Fionn and Motes of Draconic Essence(unless you have a surefire way to keep them away from Fionn).
    One support/heal can aggro them to keep them away from boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Wowo View Post
    Attachment 28251
    These? So i should run over them to get a dps increase, then use a reactive before it expires?
    You run over them, and they give you a stacking buff. If you let that buff expire, it snares you(based on how many stacks you have). If you take damage from Overwhelming Energy, it clears Surging Energy stacks.
    So what's the function of this reactive? Is it for removing the surging energy buff right before it expires?
    The reactive is suppose to make you do 300% more damage for 6s(unsure of duration) as well as reset your cooldowns.

So this is wrong?
    Yes. Overwhelming Energy is damage a player takes for entering the pyramids(you have to take this damage to get the reactive). Overwhelming Energy also occurs in the center of the fight space when Fionn hits 25% too(I believe).

The mechanics for them aren't explained in the website, how do they work? The person who gets targeted by them must run away from raid?
    Fionn casts Reaper's Mark on a player which roots them. Warlord then uses Reaper's Blade which drops an aoe on the player with Reaper's Mark.

To perform this, you have to heal that person through the aoe(or pull them with FK), and rest of the group runs out of bad.

One support/heal can aggro them to keep them away from boss?
    My raid just killed them when I was attempting Fionn, but the motes are tauntable(and I believe have aggro tables).
    Last edited by Lethaemis; 06-06-2016 at 08:14 PM.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Champion

Prepare for many many random oneshots wich are pretty much unavoidable. At least in Hardmode
    Last edited by Filri; 06-06-2016 at 11:19 PM.

<Transcendent>

Does anybody mind if we borrow the images here? I'm trying to rewrite our mess of an explanation for Fionn.

Edit: Completely rewritten. Hopefully it's less horrible and at least 50% accurate now. I'll start adding images when y'all give approval to use them.
    Last edited by Hepatits; 06-07-2016 at 07:01 AM.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Rift Disciple

Is this the Overwhelming Energy reactive? I got it by going near Fionn.
    Am i supposed to use it immediately or wait till the Surging Energy buff about to expire?
    When you use that reactive depends on your strategy. Each reactive can be used twice and you will get a new one every 25%.

When Fionn is 25%, should you dps the witch or fionn?
    The witch until her shield is off, then fionn. I mean it again depends on your tactic but I personally believe getting the witch to 50% is a waste of dps.

You run over them, and they give you a stacking buff. If you let that buff expire, it snares you(based on how many stacks you have). If you take damage from Overwhelming Energy, it clears Surging Energy stacks.
    Each orb gives a stack of Surging Energy that increases damage done by 5%. When this buff expires naturally (aka not removed by power of a god), you will get an equal amount of stacks of All-In, increasing damage by 15% (and slowing and more damage taken but thats irrelevant on nm).

The reactive is suppose to make you do 300% more damage for 6s(unsure of duration) as well as reset your cooldowns.
    The reactive increases your fire and death damage by 400 or 500% for 12 seconds and resets all cooldowns (except combat resses, sometimes it does but that's a bug).

Fionn casts Reaper's Mark on a player which roots them. Warlord then uses Reaper's Blade which drops an aoe on the player with Reaper's Mark.

To perform this, you have to heal that person through the aoe(or pull them with FK), and rest of the group runs out of bad.
    The AoE is called Storm of Ahnket and unrelated to reaper's blade. That one is a projectile that oneshots anyone in its path including tanks but not the person it targets. That's how it is supposed to work at least, the mechanic seems incredibly buggy and we ignored it for the most part. The slow is annoying and there is no way to get rid of it but blinks, fk pull and puri shielding all work if someone gets caught in an aoe.

My raid just killed them when I was attempting Fionn, but the motes are tauntable(and I believe have aggro tables).
    The motes move towards one randomly chosen player in the raid unless taunted/pulled (it shows in either a tooltip or emote, don't remember exactly). If that player is the tank that sucks, but more often than not they can be ignored.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Bauum View Post
    Each orb gives a stack of Surging Energy that increases damage done by 5%. When this buff expires naturally (aka not removed by power of a god), you will get an equal amount of stacks of All-In, increasing damage by 15% (and slowing and more damage taken but thats irrelevant on nm).
    Any image on how the buff looks like? Could i simply use the timer option on kalert to make a kalert that shows how long until it expires?

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    Does anybody mind if we borrow the images here? I'm trying to rewrite our mess of an explanation for Fionn.

Edit: Completely rewritten. Hopefully it's less horrible and at least 50% accurate now. I'll start adding images when y'all give approval to use them.
    Sure, go ahead

Thanks for the go ahead.

I don't remember seeing anything but a buff mark for this one. I could be mistaken. I'll rewatch the videos if I have time. Here are the two kill vids we're using:

Easy (Discordya used her full run as one vid): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aYi...outu.be&t=5074

Normal (Stack on 8's vid): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XooYHmsfLM

Edit: There does not appear to be a visible emote for that buff, but the god buff makes you glow red like Natuto when he has his kubi energy going.
    Last edited by Hepatits; 06-07-2016 at 09:29 AM.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

+ Reply to Thread