+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: NPCs not taking the correct amount of damage, but dying... is it just Hericius?

Default NPCs not taking the correct amount of damage, but dying... is it just Hericius?

I've moved this to this thread rather than hijacking the one it was in, and it'd be good to get some feedback from anyone that has noticed things such as this one happening on PrancingTurtle. Hopefully we can get enough information to go back to a dev with that might help in figuring out what the issue that caused it was, as I know there's a horrible amount of data to sift through, needle in a haystack doesn't really do it justice.

Without further ado, here's a blatant copy/pasta from my post a few minutes ago..

Quote Originally Posted by Dupl View Post
    Okay -every shroom was killed.

Soothing Mushroom with 1.5 M Dmg taken.... It has 5.1 m hp mate..
    I did a bit of digging on that particular fight, and have found something strange, and might give a dev somewhere to start looking... I don't know.

Smoldering mushroom kill - 5.05m damage taken. First damage at 361 (6m01s), killed at 380 (6m20s)

Frenetic mushroom kill - 5.05m damage taken. First damage at 361,killed at 377.

Soothing mushroom kill - 1.54m damage taken. First damage at 362, killed at 381.

How's that a kill, you ask?

Theblueowl's Arcane Manipulation critically hits Soothing Mushroom for 37651 Ethereal damage. (268 overkill)

It certainly was killed, and looking back through the log, there is a 16 second gap where this mushroom seemingly takes no damage at all. If you look at the link, you'll see that there too - it gets hit, then takes no damage for 16 seconds, then spikes. Log verifies that it was killed, and this reinforces my statement earlier about the logs not being completely accurate.

This can't have been lag - the other two mushrooms show consistent damage taken throughout that 20-second period.. but this one did not.
    It's not PrancingTurtle, because there's a giant gap in the log for that one NPC. Not the only encounter this issue has been seen on, either.

Edit: To clarify, here are two consecutive damage records against the Soothing Mushroom showing the gap as 16s:

03:10:21: ( 3 , *omitted extraneous info* ) Nuances's Frigid Nothingness hits Soothing Mushroom for 1075 Water damage.

03:10:37: ( 3 , *omitted extraneous info* ) Qualityplayer@Faeblight's Follow Up hits Soothing Mushroom for 12377 Physical damage.
    Last edited by Hewi; 06-03-2016 at 01:29 AM. Reason: added a couple of combatlog lines
    NA#1 T-Rex. One of the token aussies for -Lemme Smash-
    RIP Coriolis.

PrancingTurtle online log parser

Considering the dmg taken is missing on the Soothing shroom, is it possible that the person combatlogging was on Frenetic shroom and outranged the problematic one?

Quote Originally Posted by Simplici7y View Post
    Considering the dmg taken is missing on the Soothing shroom, is it possible that the person combatlogging was on Frenetic shroom and outranged the problematic one?
    I really doubt it. I haven't definitively tested the distance limits for combat logging - but I know they're definitely greater than the diameter of that room. It's worth double checking though.

One thing that gets a lot of people (myself included) is zoning out of an instance before disabling logging... quite often, dummy parses will show up from Tempest Bay & Margle Palace because someone was smashing the dummy in the zone when you ported there, even though they're not in your party/raid.
    Last edited by Hewi; 06-03-2016 at 01:42 AM.
    RIP Coriolis.

Isn't range the issue? Those two mushrooms are 65m apart and if you are far enough from something it doesn't get recorded properly I think.

If I'm not mistaken that was the issue in MoM with Lady Envy and Pillars since 2 groups are spread veeery far apart from each other and it seemed like logs get recorded properly only for the people that are close enough to the guy recording them. I have no clue whats max range for this but it could be the problem with the mushrooms.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    Isn't range the issue? Those two mushrooms are 65m apart and if you are far enough from something it doesn't get recorded properly I think.
    No range issue. Rift Meter also displays it wrong even if you stay right next to it. And as u can see on this parse it works with other classes.

It seems to only not work with vulcanists...
    Duppl - Transcendent@Blackhand - www.transcendent-wow.de
    Join us in WoW on Blackhand!

Shadowlander

Someone asked for a kill video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfT2XNVoPGk
    (Quality might be crap for the first ~30 minutes of this post as video is processing)

Things to note:
    -All 6 adds have been killed
    -No safe spots were used
    -No "clever tank positioning"

Also RIP Coriolis... You shall be remembered.
    <Nephilim>

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post

If I'm not mistaken that was the issue in MoM with Lady Envy and Pillars since 2 groups are spread veeery far apart from each other and it seemed like logs get recorded properly only for the people that are close enough to the guy recording them. I have no clue whats max range for this but it could be the problem with the mushrooms.
    I don't remember logging being an issue on either Lady Envy or Pillars. If you're talking about addon issues then that might be different, but whatever writes to the combat log doesn't care too much about distance from what I've seen
    RIP Coriolis.

Rift Chaser

Looks like a range issue from the video. The soothing mushroom disappears from the target addon when he goes to the far mushroom and reappears later when he's heading back to the middle.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hewi View Post
    I don't remember logging being an issue on either Lady Envy or Pillars. If you're talking about addon issues then that might be different, but whatever writes to the combat log doesn't care too much about distance from what I've seen
    Actually it was an issue on Lady Envy. You probably never noticed because the tanks stay in the middle and can pick up both portals, but if you're in a portal, combatlog doesn't pick up dps in the other portal.
    <Nephilim>

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeJelly View Post
    Someone asked for a kill video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfT2XNVoPGk
    (Quality might be crap for the first ~30 minutes of this post as video is processing)

Things to note:
    -All 6 adds have been killed
    -No safe spots were used
    -No "clever tank positioning"

Also RIP Coriolis... You shall be remembered.

https://youtu.be/jfT2XNVoPGk?t=379

Both mushrooms have proper time ticking down during shroomagedon but the soothing mushrooms castbar has 25 seconds left? any timer reset with rift prison or whatever?

All three mushrooms + the boss are shown within 1 second of shroomagedon.
    The addon is showing the 1% health missing on soothing mushroom when you stand next to your mushroom.
    Don't know the refreshrate of the addon.
    Last edited by keepor; 06-03-2016 at 05:18 PM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Shadowlander

I think the soothing one was out of range for any of my addons/combatlog to pick it up. As soon as I walked back into range the soothing mushroom popped back up and I guess the addon thinks the cast bar just started? Regardless the mushroom was killed before timer of the other mushroom cast would have finished.
    <Nephilim>

Actually it was an issue on Lady Envy. You probably never noticed because the tanks stay in the middle and can pick up both portals, but if you're in a portal, combatlog doesn't pick up dps in the other portal.
    Again though, this was only an issue for RiftMeter and not the combat log. I would regularly have to post a RM parse as mine was one of the only ones that would be accurate but the logging was still alright.
    RIP Coriolis.

I think the soothing one was out of range for any of my addons/combatlog to pick it up. As soon as I walked back into range the soothing mushroom popped back up and I guess the addon thinks the cast bar just started? Regardless the mushroom was killed before timer of the other mushroom cast would have finished.
    Not at home right now so can't check, but I will have a look at adds on maelscale too, because if range is an issue then they shouldn't have the same damage either.
    If this is just a bug with Hericius (which I'm leaning towards at the moment) then it's a big that needs to be fixed, but I suspect it's being caused by something else and the symptom is distance. Just my thoughts though.
    RIP Coriolis.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hewi View Post
    Again though, this was only an issue for RiftMeter and not the combat log. I would regularly have to post a RM parse as mine was one of the only ones that would be accurate but the logging was still alright.
    It was a problem for both combatlog and RiftMeter.
    Example: https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...geTaken/161190
    Notice how there is only 1 Memory of Envy on the parse.
    <Nephilim>

It was a problem for both combatlog and RiftMeter.
    Example: https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...geTaken/161190
    Notice how there is only 1 Memory of Envy on the parse.
    Interesting, that's never been brought up before (noone has told me this was happening). I stand corrected
    RIP Coriolis.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast