Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 93
Like Tree132Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Why CoA was realeased too early!!

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default Why CoA was realeased too early!!

    Hey there,

    at first at all i want to say that the overall concecpt of CoA is pretty nice. and i want not to flame the devs for their work overall. BUT..

    after we killed 3/4 on hm and fionn on nm there are some things where we could say. "yeah?! is that intended? feels not complete" or like tuning wtf?

    here are some expamples.

    at hericius the dps burn on the 10% phase is on nm the same as on hm. yeah exact the same. jjust overall dps needed is about 100k behind hm.
    then the "cheesy tatics" where the green add is ignored and it's not an exploit but it feels like one. another wtf moment. but then i saw some parses where i really think why you and with you i mean the devs and archonix released CoA so early 1 or 2 weeks more testing and some things would not happen.

    here is our parse from hericius
    and here another from coriolis

    1st thing the hard enrage is at 7:00 i've seen some on stream of khalim'na at point 7:01 they were all dead but somehow there is a way to make the boss just do nothing. the next wtf, could have been found at pts testing.

    2nd is why the normal dmg tanken from most grp is like ours and them is like you can do that with 1 aoe healer. ( gratz on kill coriolis) but even that could have tested. but oh yeah live release.

    then fyrangos. where even on hm some ppl could die and you will even kill him in time without enrage. some kind of tuning problem.

    next one is duke eblius where all dots are instant cleansed during phasing. we asked several times during testing for changes but they never come.

    and at last but not least lord fionn. i have never played an encounter where i thougt after killing "is that really an encounter which is desinged in that way. no that could be done work" i just say 9M follow up proc

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    How to kill Fionn NM:

    so please next time when the raiders say "pls delay the release its not ready" maybe you can think about it.
    Last edited by Xio Narius; 06-01-2016 at 11:56 AM.
    Naxesis@Gelidra ; Transcendent : T1+T2+MoM clear CoA 5/6HM 6/6NM

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara Ongar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naxesis View Post
    Hey there,

    ...

    so please next time when the raiders say "pls delay the release its not ready" maybe you can think about it.

    ...
    Yes ofc, but frankly thats not good enough.

    Because as this game shows for the last five years and other games show as well you will always have issues on live. Why is that? - It is because you move something over here and it breaks something over there.

    In order to have a proper server first/world first race, you need to release normal mode first and see if the machanics work on live and also you need to check out how the fights are executed. Once you are happy with the mechanics and their execution you have a solid base. On this base you can introduce a Hard Mode on top with limited risk.

    As it is for the last five years - starting the world first race right away is like running into a wall head first and wondering that you end up with a serious headache every single time.
    Now with a multiple difficulty system we can get rid of/reduce that headache.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Boase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    Pretty sure the dmg buff tooltip from the Witch's heal says it can't be applied to Fionn and when we originally tested Anony said the tooltip was correct.

    This was a few weeks ago so anything could have changed.

    The way I thought the final phase was ment to be was coordinating a stun on the Witch (sub 50% hp) and or a low archer causing her to heal/shield the archer giving you enough time to burn Fionn.


    IMO the dmg buff being applied to Fionn is the same as the waves on the fire mini being able to crit because the npcs spawning the waves are outside the encounter and can be "buffed" by our debuffs.


    Not sure if the dmg boost on him was their intended plan so who knows if they will fix it or keep it.
    Last edited by Boase; 06-01-2016 at 11:54 AM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naxesis View Post
    here is our parse from hericius
    and here another from coriolis

    1st thing the hard enrage is at 7:00 i've seen some on stream of khalim'na at point 7:01 they were all dead but somehow there is a way to make the boss just do nothing. the next wtf, could have been found at pts testing.

    2nd is why the normal dmg tanken from most grp is like ours and them is like you can do that with 1 aoe healer. ( gratz on kill coriolis) but even that could have tested. but oh yeah live release.
    Do not fear, sir. Those exploiters have been banished back to whence they came.

    Ocho - Edited for content.
    Last edited by Ocho; 06-01-2016 at 02:27 PM.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Boase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    AT&T
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pancakedrawer View Post
    Do not fear, sir. Those filthy exploiters have been banished back to whence they came.
    So, why was a guild banned for exploiting, but none of the any other guilds that were also using the exact same exploits getting banned? Also, permanent bans for members with no prior infractions and denials for appeals... can no longer play the game ever?

    Since CoA was released, all we have been asking for is for some form of communication. How is the community supposed to follow rules if there is no communication as to what is allowed and what is not? There has been absolutely no communication between the devs and the community, when we have all been sitting here trying to figure out what is allowed. Several other guilds killed the boss with numerous exploits, and a guild finally decided to follow suit (because why wouldn't they? it is clearly allowed for everyone else), and are the only ones to get targetted?

    Edited for content - Ocho
    Last edited by Ocho; 06-01-2016 at 02:28 PM.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker Sisna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default Complete BS

    Pancake you weren't banned right?

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerada View Post
    So, why was a guild banned for exploiting, but none of the any other guilds that were also using the exact same exploits getting banned? Also, permanent bans for members with no prior infractions and denials for appeals... can no longer play the game ever?

    Since CoA was released, all we have been asking for is for some form of communication. How is the community supposed to follow rules if there is no communication as to what is allowed and what is not? There has been absolutely no communication between the devs and the community, when we have all been sitting here trying to figure out what is allowed. Several other guilds killed the boss with numerous exploits, and a guild finally decided to follow suit (because why wouldn't they? it is clearly allowed for everyone else), and are the only ones to get targetted?
    They needed a new Apotheosys after Fires of Heaven quit =/
    Last edited by Ocho; 06-01-2016 at 02:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

  9. #9
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisna View Post
    Pancake you weren't banned right?
    they wouldn't just ban someone who maintains one of the best addons currently available for raiders, right?

    ..right?
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisna View Post
    Pancake you weren't banned right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    they wouldn't just ban someone who maintains one of the best addons currently available for raiders, right?

    ..right?
    I am offended! I would never condone such tactics!

    Spoiler!

  11. #11
    Soulwalker Sisna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Pancakedrawer View Post
    I am offended! I would never condone such tactics!

    Spoiler!

    lol oh good

  12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team Ocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerada View Post
    So, why was a guild banned for exploiting, but none of the any other guilds that were also using the exact same exploits getting banned? Also, permanent bans for members with no prior infractions and denials for appeals... can no longer play the game ever?

    Since CoA was released, all we have been asking for is for some form of communication. How is the community supposed to follow rules if there is no communication as to what is allowed and what is not? There has been absolutely no communication between the devs and the community, when we have all been sitting here trying to figure out what is allowed. Several other guilds killed the boss with numerous exploits, and a guild finally decided to follow suit (because why wouldn't they? it is clearly allowed for everyone else), and are the only ones to get targetted?

    Edited for content - Ocho
    We don't tend to talk about specifics of actions taken, I'll give a few generalities in this particular case however. Recently there were widespread allegations of other guilds exploiting (allegations mostly made by members of the guild in question, that had been reviewed by the team and were deemed not exploits), and an actual exploit used by a particular guild (with public acknowledgement of what had been done here in the forums by the exploiters).

    One wasn't an exploit, and one was. And a number of the folks involved had been granted a very unique opportunity in the past to not get permabanned after exploiting another encounter.

    In general (not specific to the person I'm replying to), if you think there is an exploit talk to the devs about it. Send a PM to me. Don't post about it on the forums. Don't accuse other guilds of exploiting. Don't call something an exploit if you aren't sure. And don't try to use other folks differing tactics as an excuse for your own exploiting. All of these happened in this case

    If you cheat, you may get banned. People involved can appeal. They'll get responded to appropriately. And that's really the end of the conversation we can have on this matter.

    As to communication, just because someone claims something is an exploit doesn't make it true. Using abilities appropriately, as was done in this case, isn't an exploit. And we can't respond to every random claim someone makes on those topics.

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    We don't tend to talk about specifics of actions taken, I'll give a few generalities in this particular case however. Recently there were widespread allegations of other guilds exploiting (allegations mostly made by members of the guild in question, that had been reviewed by the team and were deemed not exploits), and an actual exploit used by a particular guild (with public acknowledgement of what had been done here in the forums by the exploiters).

    One wasn't an exploit, and one was. And a number of the folks involved had been granted a very unique opportunity in the past to not get permabanned after exploiting another encounter.

    In general (not specific to the person I'm replying to), if you think there is an exploit talk to the devs about it. Send a PM to me. Don't post about it on the forums. Don't accuse other guilds of exploiting. Don't call something an exploit if you aren't sure. And don't try to use other folks differing tactics as an excuse for your own exploiting. All of these happened in this case

    If you cheat, you may get banned. People involved can appeal. They'll get responded to appropriately. And that's really the end of the conversation we can have on this matter.

    As to communication, just because someone claims something is an exploit doesn't make it true. Using abilities appropriately, as was done in this case, isn't an exploit. And we can't respond to every random claim someone makes on those topics.
    lol

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelight View Post
    lol
    Sounds fishy m8
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple xosomething's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    We don't tend to talk about specifics of actions taken, I'll give a few generalities in this particular case however. Recently there were widespread allegations of other guilds exploiting (allegations mostly made by members of the guild in question, that had been reviewed by the team and were deemed not exploits), and an actual exploit used by a particular guild (with public acknowledgement of what had been done here in the forums by the exploiters).

    One wasn't an exploit, and one was. And a number of the folks involved had been granted a very unique opportunity in the past to not get permabanned after exploiting another encounter.

    In general (not specific to the person I'm replying to), if you think there is an exploit talk to the devs about it. Send a PM to me. Don't post about it on the forums. Don't accuse other guilds of exploiting. Don't call something an exploit if you aren't sure. And don't try to use other folks differing tactics as an excuse for your own exploiting. All of these happened in this case

    If you cheat, you may get banned. People involved can appeal. They'll get responded to appropriately. And that's really the end of the conversation we can have on this matter.

    As to communication, just because someone claims something is an exploit doesn't make it true. Using abilities appropriately, as was done in this case, isn't an exploit. And we can't respond to every random claim someone makes on those topics.
    lol
    I can't say it better
    T1 clear -- T2 clear -- MoM clear

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts