+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Simplici7y

Thread: CoA normal mode lock

Rift Disciple

Default CoA normal mode lock

So Stack on 8 have spent quite a bit of time in CoA hardmode these last couple of days and at the end of our latest raid we changed it to normal mode. We did this because we wanted to clear normal mode monday/tuesday since we wouldn't finish hardmode this week and whenever we enter we are met with this message stating that once we have killed something on hardmode we would be unable to swap the difficulty down. So we simply wanted to know if it would be possible to swap to normal and kill bosses on normal later during the week.

This caused the instance to get stuck in normal (again we didn't pull anything or engage in any sort of combat after switching to normal), and we are unable to swap back to hardmode to continue our progress. We even tried getting someone who wasn't in the group at the time we switched but shared the instance lock to enter with a group consisting of unlocked characters, and it was still stuck in normal mode. If someone could tell us if this is intended and help us get back to hardmode if it isn't that'd be great (instance ID 254 on EU). This can also act as a warning to other guilds not to change difficulty around.
    Just here for the spreadsheets

Wasn't it always like that?

If you kill something on HM and switch down to NM, I thought it was meant that you can't switch back to HM.

Isn't is the same with iGP and RoF?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    Wasn't it always like that?

If you kill something on HM and switch down to NM, I thought it was meant that you can't switch back to HM.

Isn't is the same with iGP and RoF?
    If you kill something on normal mode after having swapped then yes. We didn't do that though.
    Just here for the spreadsheets

RIP progress

Once you swap you can't go higher. Not if you kill something at a lower difficulty.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

It is quite apparent from the main post that nothing was killed on lower difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplici7y View Post
    It is quite apparent from the main post that nothing was killed on lower difficulty.
    And if you read my post I said if you SWAP once you are locked you can't go higher.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Once you lower the difficulty of your instance, you can no longer increase the difficulty.

Let's take a theoretical sitaution here in which we have a CoA normalmode pug.

One person in the raid decides they hate the group, and before leaving decides to switch to Easymode. Now the raid cannot put it back to NM.

Is that intended, really?

Rift Disciple

Had the same happen to us this lockout. Can we please have a dev look into this and confirm that its working differently from all other raids (especially Rof and Igp) and that that its intended or buggy ?
    Aloyra- -Mage- -Last Dawn- 9/9 + 2/2 HM | CoA 4/4 Hm + 2/2

+ Reply to Thread