+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Soulshield
  • 1 Post By Filri

Thread: Introduction mode gear

Default Introduction mode gear

Here is the new gear which will drop in CoA if you kill bosses in introduction mode:

I like this implementation it`s gear to get you the hit for normal mode and can`t overgear NM by killing we could probably call them loot pinatas if you take enough time with you(several hundred percent dmg and HP increase if you are patient).
    Last edited by Xio Narius; 05-14-2016 at 09:55 PM.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Rift Chaser

I like this as well, I don't know why they were being so hush hush about gear though since anyone with a brain can go to the pts and see the dropped gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

A step in the right direction. Its definitly better than no gear at all.

However will people actually do this? - Eventually, not. Here's why. I observed the following in trade chat during NT. Lets call our PuG Leader in question "Moe".

Moe was a nice guy that organized "Bulf Runs" for everyone that had 1000 hit. Then the 3 difficulty system came and as Moe found out Easy Mode "haz no lewt" so he upped the join requirements so he can do IGP NM and "get da shinies". Recently he found out that all instances got hit by the nerfhammer, so he upped the join requirements once again so he can do IGP HM.

So Moe eventually wont do this. And new players that can get two Tier 3 pieces per month outside of raiding via marks/sparkle, eventually wont bother building newcommer groups for this.
    "Eventually" cause we cannot 100 % predict this, but I have a feeling...
    Last edited by Ongar; 05-14-2016 at 09:47 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ongar View Post
    A step in the right direction. Its definitly better than no gear at all.

However will people actually do this? - Eventually, not. Here's why. I observed the following in trade chat during NT. Lets call our PuG Leader in question "Moe".

Moe was a nice guy that organized "Bulf Runs" for everyone that had 1000 hit. Then the 3 difficulty system came and as Moe found out Easy Mode "haz no lewt" so he upped the join requirements so he can do IGP NM and "get da shinies". Recently he found out that all instances got hit by the nerfhammer, so he upped the join requirements once again so he can do IGP HM.

So Moe eventually wont do this. And new players that can get two Tier 3 pieces per month outside of raiding via marks/sparkle, eventually wont bother building newcommer groups for this.
    "Eventually" cause we cannot 100 % predict this, but I have a feeling...
    It's an option. And options are great. But sadly you're probably right. You can down a large chunk of MoM with only 1375 hit. Which is extremely easy to attain. So why even bother?

Champion

I like that.
    Finally "Easy Mode" or "Introduction Mode" or whatever the **** you call it is not that useless.

<Transcendent>

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkan View Post
    It's an option. And options are great. But sadly you're probably right. You can down a large chunk of MoM with only 1375 hit. Which is extremely easy to attain. So why even bother?
    Exactly.

Whats also really important is the upgrade costs. If its significantly cheaper to upgrade to T3 from those T2 drops instead of outright buying T3 via marks, then Im mildly optimistic that this option could be used for alt runs.

Idk 10 friends or a new guild with fresh lv65 character can go in there and aquire their 1400 hit gear as long as they are patient. In addition to that you will also get a good amount of T3 marks.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Idk 10 friends or a new guild with fresh lv65 character can go in there and aquire their 1400 hit gear as long as they are patient. In addition to that you will also get a good amount of T3 marks.
    A funny anecdote: Yesterday I watched the lfg tool of a very well known B2P MMO and the groups that required e+e (experience + equip) were created and filled all the time.
    However there was a group called "first timers" that was LFM 3/10 like forever.

Overall what you want for entrance level raiding is a good mixture of new and experienced players (that eventually bring their alts).
    Likewise 10 new players shouldnt start their own guild where nobody has a clue. They should join existing guilds that have an officer that does have a clue.

+ Reply to Thread