+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Talkshow: The release date of CoA

Telaran

Default Talkshow: The release date of CoA

Hey everyone,

welcome to what i call "talk to the players". Todays topic: The release date of CoA.

#makeRiftgreatagain
    #noMoreLiveTesting
    #listenToThePeople

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disclaimer:

This scenerey and the participating people are fictiv. This is NOT based on a true story, but could be. Any similarity towards names and statements is not intentional.

For all the ones who are not involved into testing - heres a bit of an update:

Testing has been going on for a few weeks/month and there has been a significant improvement of the bosses we tested. Still a lot of things to do and a lot of testing has to be done. Part of the bosses is atm not killable for anyone.
    Thats something that was and still is communicated by a lot of people i know.

So far so good. I heard the point of testing is listening to what feedback you may get.

Yesterday after testing we were told that the content on its beta phase will be released next week. After discussing this with a few guys I decided to support my opinion onto this with the upcoming scenary.

The scene is the following: A late night talk show with the following guests: Icony (Moderator), Archie ( President of raidingland), Dilrii (Member of the "progress raiders" union), Nixes (Member of the "raiders" union), Mo (Member of the "casuals" union) and Mike (Member of the "i dont give a ****" union)

Icanony: "Welcome everybody! Today we like to talk about the realese date of the important new content in the new future. To introduce the content to you we will all do some awesome testing on the different bosses!"

- big applause -

Icony: "So I would like to introduce my guests today. On my right hand we do have the players group of Nixe, Mo and Dilrii."

- big applause -

Icony: "On my left hand we have Archie, our president who keeps everything running!"

- applause -

Archie: "Thank you everybody. I'm happy to have the chance to talk to about such an important date for our Riftland."

Icanony: "You name it Archie. And there we go!"

- big applause -

Icony: " So lets start with the players opinion. Our representative of the biggest
    union in RIFTland, the"casusals"."

Mo: "Thank you Icanony. So where to i want to start? Im really happy to hear that RIFTland still produces content after MoM. Sadly I have to say that we still spent most of our time in MoM after the nerfs. It'll take some time till we get further into MoM and can grind our gear for the 3.5 content CoA. In my oppinion, and I'm a casual, is there really a need for releasing this right now? We would want to have more time to gear up and be prepared to start over again in the future "bridge-content" CoA."

- big applause from everybody despite Archie -

Icony: "Thank you for your opinion Mo! Archie would you like to answer his opinion?"

Archie: "Yes Icanony. Thank you for your opionion. But as its stated CoA is not released for casuals. Its a filler till next Addon and should adress the progress raiders. Therefore I have to say the following towards your oppinion: No!"

Icony: "Okay Archie. That was not an answer, but okay. Lets talk to the progress raiders. Dilrii - go ahead"

Dilrii: "Thank you Icanony! I'm really happy to see that RIFTland keeps going on. The testing showed us an awesome designed instance with interesting bosses. But I have to beg you to not release it next week. The bosses are neither finished nor balanced. Even for us and from this point of few some are even not killable if you min/max everything. Some bugs and a lot of randomness keeps protecting some bosses from getting killed. So again Archie, pls give your Devs more time and cancel the release date at least for a week or two."

- big applause -

Archie: "I don't have to answer that. The content is ready to release!"

Icony: "Would youj like to underline your opinion on that Archie?"

Archie: "No thank you. Content is ready to release end of story!"

Icony: "But i have been testing the same thing. Its not finished boss. We need more time!"

Archie: "We dont have the time. It will be released!"

- the crowd reacts angry onto this statement -

Nixe: "But if its released únfished as the progress raiders union says, and they should know, whats the point of releasing it then anyway? I mean we will hang out with Normal Mode, but for progressing sides - HM is the only one interested, isnt it?"

Dilrii: "Yes - it is"

Archie: "Okay I dont care - you can talk to our devs if something is not working on live."

Dilrii: "But thats live testing. For what purpose do we have a pts if we need to do live testing anyway?"

Archie: "That's not live testing. Its a finished content that maybe has a few bugs but nothing more!"

Icony: "Okay Okay calm down everybody! As you heard the content will be finished by then.

Archie: "It will be."

Icony: "Our time is over now - i have to work on the content to reduce the bugs. Balancing will be done after the content is released! Thank you all for your great opionion. As always we will listen to our groups of players and keep that in mind.
    Thank you everybody for making it here. Sadly we could listen to the opinion of our raiders group. Have a nice evening and we will see each other on the Customer Supp... äh Raiding grounds! Happy Hunting!"

My opinion:

I beg you - pls delay the release. This is serious, not a ****ing joke.

Delay it a week or two to do some extra tuning...
    Last edited by Dupl; 05-13-2016 at 08:41 AM. Reason: changed something due to a reason.
    Duppl - Transcendent@Blackhand - www.transcendent-wow.de
    Join us in WoW on Blackhand!

Seeing as they had to spend at least a week of guiding guilds through the MoM nerfs to make sure those were ready for live while, essentially, not using that time to test/tune CoA, I think adding at least another week for buffer makes sense. You took a whole week out of focused CoA development on tuning/testing MoM nerfs, put that week back into CoA by delaying it by at least that long. That is my suggestion at least.

Sacramento Kings guard Rajon Rondo has been suspended one game without pay for directing a derogatory and offensive term towards a game official and not leaving the court in a timely manner upon his ejection
    FeelsBadMan

Telaran

I hope to gather some more oppinions and i really tried to make be not to harsh about it.

A week or two would be great. But i would prefer two weeks as ive seen the current state.

I made a suggestion a few months ago like:
    "Normal Mode first and once it runs in a rock solid state on live, then and only then you release the hard mode aka start the world first race."

Ironically a few months after that I read that Wildstar, will do that for their upcomming raid.
    So maybe I should start posting my suggestions on the Wildstar forums to see changes for Rift.

Rift Disciple
    Just here for the spreadsheets

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ordien View Post
    "Here we go again" indeed... Its sad that it is necessary to even ask for it again...

An interesting experiment would be to hold exit questionnaires for raiders of all levels that have quit the game over the last 12 months and ask what the key reason was that made them decide to leave. I would imagine it is for one of two reasons:

a) The price to get and maintain BiS gear (marks, upgrade parts, orbs, runes e.t.c.) - this also restricts being able to play on multiple alts.

b) Having to play broken unfinished content that was released too early.

I'd be amazed if any single person sited content being delayed / slow release cycle as a reason to quit. People don't mind waiting for good content, they do mind waiting for unfinished content that ends up having to be disabled on live while critical changes are made.

I know at least 20 people that have left for one of those 2 reasons - players that had invested 2-3 years into this game.

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I know at least 20 people that have left for one of those 2 reasons - players that had invested 2-3 years into this game.
    I can add at least 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    An interesting experiment would be to hold exit questionnaires for raiders of all levels that have quit the game over the last 12 months and ask what the key reason was that made them decide to leave. I would imagine it is for one of two reasons:

a) The price to get and maintain BiS gear (marks, upgrade parts, orbs, runes e.t.c.) - this also restricts being able to play on multiple alts.

b) Having to play broken unfinished content that was released too early.

I'd be amazed if any single person sited content being delayed / slow release cycle as a reason to quit. People don't mind waiting for good content, they do mind waiting for unfinished content that ends up having to be disabled on live while critical changes are made.

I would extend that poll.

c) You have raided in MMO X,Y,Z, why dont you raid in Rift?

I think this would provide them with the information they need if they really want to try to make the turnaround with 4.0.

The real question in this talkshow should be: "What is the correct name of the moderator ?" Icony or Icanony
    (retired) Arrensen
    <Transcendent>
    Gelidra
    HK 11/11 - iGP HM 4/4 - MoM 9/9 + 2/2 HM

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by arrensen View Post
    The real question in this talkshow should be: "What is the correct name of the moderator ?" Icony or Icanony

Some say this could be on purpose to clarify the scenery

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ongar View Post
    I made a suggestion a few months ago like:
    "Normal Mode first and once it runs in a rock solid state on live, then and only then you release the hard mode aka start the world first race."

Ironically a few months after that I read that Wildstar, will do that for their upcomming raid.
    So maybe I should start posting my suggestions on the Wildstar forums to see changes for Rift.

This would be the best solution, as far as I know FF14 has also this solution.

#makeRiftgreatagain

btw: Dilrii best Raider world YO
    Last edited by Filri; 05-13-2016 at 08:25 AM.

<Transcendent>

Soulwalker

+vote for more developing time

but to be serious:

what we testet feels okay but not ready to release and we know what direction it will go. but releasing a direction and live debugging is something that frustrates many players out there

i think many people will have no problem to wait 1 or 2 more weeks. they want balanced and finished content

#noMoreLiveTesting
    #clericsNeedSomeLove
    #make61RuneshaperViable
    Naxesis@Gelidra ; Transcendent : T1+T2+MoM clear CoA 5/6HM 6/6NM

Rift Master

I'd wait longer than 2 weeks if it means that I get a working product that won't leave me frustrated at the end of the night. What's the big rush anyway? Is some other game bringing out an expansion? Or maybe time to put more gear in the store?

I'd like to add my voice to the "please don't release it in the current state" camp as I have also tested the content and (although it was visually stunning) quite a few of the things that we saw were not ready for release.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast