+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 2016 Roadmap

Default 2016 Roadmap

I was hoping at some point soon we could get a general update as to the plans for the rest of 2016.

So far, in terms of group content we know that the new T3(4) 10 man is being released soon, probably in the next couple of weeks. After that, there are rumours abounding about nothing coming for 6 months but no news as to what that might be. Are we going to see more content in this Xpac, or are the devs working toward a new Plane and cap increase (I hope so!).

The uncertainty is killing us out here, any info would be gratefully received. Even if it's just info about when we are likely to hear.

Thanks,
    Willie

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

2nd this please!

I agree. I'd love to have a reason to jump full on back into Rift. Just hearing about when we would get more info would be exciting.

There was a time where a print magazine reporter could fly across the ocean to a US gaming company. And by beeing there in person he would, would not get exclusive information about upcomming titles.

Nowadays all games have strict "release plans" they stick to. They look like this.

Rift 4.0

" 23 June unofficial-official leak on website X."
    " 26 June mysterious snippet trailer."
    " 29 June announcement."
    " August Gamescom gameplay trailer".
    " September PTS testing."
    " November release"

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

If nothing else "landmass" wise is planed for Rift 3.x then i'd like the blank landmass to the east of Tarken and Draumheim removed, upsets my aesthetics

I think we '''know''' what's '''going''' to happen. The T3 10-man happens, then months until 4.0 and its dungeons and raids, with possibly an expansion-lead-in dungeon beforehand (that later gets bumped to being part of the expansion). And level cap increase to Lv 70.

Officially, we'd have to wait until Summer+ for confirmation of such ideas being correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    If nothing else "landmass" wise is planed for Rift 3.x then i'd like the blank landmass to the east of Tarken and Draumheim removed, upsets my aesthetics
    You mean just the map, right?

If so, I agree. But I still want the zone itself to become a thing; if not 2016, then sometime 2017-2019 between main expansions. A PoW zone that's Lv 70 or above would be something I'd welcome just as much as I like PTW being Lv 65.

If there won't be a new expansion announced, I really don't know what else they can do with Rift in the near future. More raids, new dungeons, new warfronts? I think a new expansion would be almost required at this point, not only to attract new players, but to keep the ones already playing. Imagine another year of Nightmare Tide. There would be no one playing.

I really hope they announce something big soon, as we really don't know about what's beyond this new raid and the 64 bit client (whenever that's coming), none of which are exactly game changers.

Rift Master

Hoping there will be some better new on the horizons soon-ish. There's not much in the air atm, the new 10 man and at some point rest of primalist souls. Don't think there's anything else, is there? And the nerf to all raids doesn't look prosperus either.

The changes in System team and the last part of that post don't fill me with much confidence either:

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    (snip)
    We are working hard on RIFT , and look forward to the coming year!
    (snip)
    This one has barely satrted :/

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I think at some point they could also rework the classic areas for a new xpac - ofc with new quests, npcs, enemies, events, graphics etc. While I like the art design of the xpacs as well, the classic areas had a more down to earth medieval touch that I miss.

The problem with announcing plans is the mass exodus that follows. Lifecycle Management for game development includes this phenomenon because when you tell people that you are coming out with a new expansion, they mentally check out and don't want to play anymore. Why? why do I want to continue to progress and bolster my character(s) when with the new expansion everything will be reset and my BiS T3 gear will be replaced with blues? We saw this last time at the end of Storm Legion, look how many people left the game during that time, just waiting for Nightmare Tide to drop.

The announced Nightmare Tide really early last time, so I would expect an announcement much closer to the actual release to avoid this cycle.

One way to combat this, and is something I was thinking about last night, is giving players a reason to continue playing this content. For instance they could make all T3 gear upgrade to expert level at lvl 70 or whatever the cap is. You could create a gear progression scale that included prior expansion best in slot stuff.

I'm not sure of the logistics behind this or time invested to make a system like this work, but I think it could help with folks leaving prior to a new expansion and coming back at launch.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberDown View Post
    . For instance they could make all T3 gear upgrade to expert level at lvl 70 or whatever the cap is.
    They let you upgrade tier 2 and tier 3 items from SL to nte expert gear so I guess this will be an option if they go for an other semi gear reset expansion.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    They let you upgrade tier 2 and tier 3 items from SL to nte expert gear so I guess this will be an option if they go for an other semi gear reset expansion.
    ? They let you upgrade T3 gear to better gear, but if I recall, it did not have the hit to allow you into expert dungeons. The gear was only best up to about level 63ish. Which is good for some normal dungeons I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberDown View Post
    The problem with announcing plans is the mass exodus that follows.
    The trouble is, we are getting a mass exodus now that needs to be managed. By not saying anything people are assuimng the worst i.e. there won't be any more content... ever.

All we want is a quick note to say "We have some big news coming up, expect an announcement in the next few weeks once the details are finalised. Don't worry, we aren't giving up on developing raids anytime soon!"

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    The trouble is, we are getting a mass exodus now that needs to be managed. By not saying anything people are assuimng the worst i.e. there won't be any more content... ever.

All we want is a quick note to say "We have some big news coming up, expect an announcement in the next few weeks once the details are finalised. Don't worry, we aren't giving up on developing raids anytime soon!"
    Will Brass did mention that they are actively developing the next expansion, but that they can't give details currently in another thread. I can't remember where though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast