+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS Testing Event: Mind of Madness Accessibility Update

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Exclamation PTS Testing Event: Mind of Madness Accessibility Update

Greetings,

Today I'd like to announce an open call for testing on the Public Test Server for the accessibility changes (difficulty reduction) to the Mind of Madness 20 man raid. Unlike normal testing, this one comes with a very special caveat: If you kill it on PTS, we'll grant your guild the kill on live this week. Yes, that means you get to keep the loot on live when the kill is replicated for you!

Terms and conditions do apply, so read on if you're interested.

Why
    Mind of Madness is extremely hard and with Comet of Ahnket slated for release in the near future, we wanted to open it up to more players. So we're dramatically cutting the difficulty of all bosses except Arisen Arak. This involves a massive change to the health pools and targeted mechanic difficulty reductions. Difficulty reductions that will impact the fight time pretty significantly. How significantly? We've cut a lot of the DPS requirements in half.

We want to make sure that the fights don't break due to heavy mechanic overlap and unusual interactions with partial mechanic completion. We also want to make sure that the targeted mechanic changes we're making achieve our goals for opening up Mind of Madness to a broader audience. The best way for us to test that is by offering you the opportunity to show us.

When
    Our first round of changes have deployed to PTS as of today. Anytime between now and the end of Monday will allow us to make adjustments. So any progression you perform on Mind of Madness on PTS between 04/28/2016 and 05/02/2016 will be mirrored.

As a special note, we'll be delivering your live rewards as able. Depending on the participation in this, there might be a backlog. Don't worry though, you'll get what you earned!

IMPORTANT: Terms and Conditions
    Interested? Excellent! Your requirements are as follows:

1) You must use characters copied from Live to PTS from 4/28/2016 (today) or later

2) You must send me a PM telling me your raid schedule and roster so I can be around to observe you. This does not guarantee I'll be available for your specific test (there's a real chance I'm going to be overbooked this time around) but it does ensure that I will be aware of when I need to be around.

3) You must submit a video of your kill! This way we can review what goofy things may have arisen in addition to reporting from you. We'll know by the logs whether or not you killed it and I will likely be there watching myself, but it really helps to have a video when we're hunting for abnormal interactions.

4) You get the loot that drops when the kill is replicated for you on LIVE, not the loot that drops on PTS. This ends up saving everyone many hours and makes it possible or us to hatch such a crazy scheme, so it's non-negotiable.

5) If you've partially cleared this week, I will try to replicate your partial clear so you start progression at where you left off. You need to note that when you PM for participation. We'll coordinate from there about setting your instance up.

The degree of changes we're making to Mind of Madness for this is more significant than we've ever done in the past. It's in downright experimental territory and many of you will likely be able to clear bosses even if you couldn't take down Pagura before. But there will surely be some strange things we need to fix as a result, so please do participate if you're able!

Happy Hunting,

Anony

One thing I can tell from the IA already Lady Justice overlap of 30% phase and 10% phase is like donuts everywhere and a dead end(if her hp also gets an immense reduction) :P
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Plane Walker

Great news for my Guild. Sadly we don't have enough that have PTS to help out. Probably 2nd or 3rd week for May this should be out?

Quote Originally Posted by Finerty View Post
    Probably 2nd or 3rd week for May this should be out?
    These changes will be applied with the patch next week that`s why the dealine is monday for the test ;)
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Plane Walker

Oh, it will go live next week?

Rift Disciple

Does this mean any progress you do on the PTS will be saved next week?
    Or can you kill the bosses again?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    These changes will be applied with the patch next week that`s why the dealine is monday for the test ;)
    Do you know the changes are coming next hotfix, or just guessing based on the deadline?

King of Slackers

After "You are the reason why IGP is so easy" it's time for the next title. I will stream the raid on sunday 8 PM CET if we manage to copy all 20 characters
    Last edited by keepor; 04-28-2016 at 08:02 PM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Rift Master

I'm really not sure what to make of this. I mean cutting dps requirements don't really achieve much since it's usually actually doing mechanics that seems to stymie progression for lower tier guilds and if you nerf actual mechanics enough for those guilds to do it then I have a feeling a lot of fights are going to just be facerolls. idk, we'll see but personally I'd rather see people encouraged to get better than rewarded for not. I atleast hope the current fights are kept as a "HM" version or something.

Rift Chaser

Interesting. Will hopefully try it out this weekend. On a mostly unrelated note, any chance of getting IGP set to a twice a week lockout? Would help in gearing out some people to fill out tier 3.

Plane Walker

Can you please Fix Arak where if you're resed during movement, you auto die 50% of the time. Seems if you resed into white(good) you shouldnt die.

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    I'm really not sure what to make of this. I mean cutting dps requirements don't really achieve much since it's usually actually doing mechanics that seems to stymie progression for lower tier guilds and if you nerf actual mechanics enough for those guilds to do it then I have a feeling a lot of fights are going to just be facerolls. idk, we'll see but personally I'd rather see people encouraged to get better than rewarded for not. I atleast hope the current fights are kept as a "HM" version or something.
    less hp means less time during each phase, meaning less time to screw up. 4 minute encounters are generally going to be easier than 8 minute encounters since there's just less time to make mistakes.

not saying this change is good or bad, but typically longer fights with tough mechanics are going to be harder in general--aky for example would have been a lot easier if you needed 10 minutes of unbroken cc rather than 20.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    Thats correct and also in line with my personal experiences when I joined some NT semi guild runs. Once numbers are no longer a problem thx to overgearing + flatout global nerfs, raids wipe over and over again on things like missing a castbar, a cleanse, an icon, an interrupt, a target switch etc.

What you dont want for low end content is a "LFR effect". This means you have tons of mechanics, but nothing has a consequence, because obviously this endorses bad play. Frankly because MoM is a single difficulty raid making it "accessible" for "friends&family" means exactly going in that direction.

The good news is now that Rift changes to a more than one difficulty model, you can have casual modes that dont have too many mechanics, but what is there has an impact and has to be executed as this endorses good play - at least at a basic level.
    Last edited by Ongar; 04-28-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ongar View Post
    What you dont want for low end content is a "LFR effect". This means you have tons of mechanics, but nothing has a consequence, because obviously this endorses bad play. Frankly because MoM is a single difficulty raid making it "accessible" for "friends&family" means exactly going in that direction.
    Sorry to interrupt you but in my opinion this is totally wrong. What you really want is an opportunity to carry the raid mechanics with 4-6 people. The rest can slack around and only these guys have to play the mechanic the exact way. Doing this u can still carry a lot of potatoes with a few good people.
    And lets face it. Every casual guild has a few guys that kinda pretent knowing what to do and willing to play mechanics while being capable off.
    We discussed some changes with Anony yesterday and i kinda see a good future for pug raids. This will be a freakin' hard nerf but it is necessary and raiding will be more attractive for pugs when they can achieve sth in it w/o dying 10 Weeks on pagura....

Good Job Anony, see u on Monday ;)
    Duppl - Transcendent@Blackhand - www.transcendent-wow.de
    Join us in WoW on Blackhand!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by DEV_Anony View Post
    Mind of Madness is extremely hard and with Comet of Ahnket slated for release in the near future, we wanted to open it up to more players. So we're dramatically cutting the difficulty of all bosses except Arisen Arak. This involves a massive change to the health pools and targeted mechanic difficulty reductions. Difficulty reductions that will impact the fight time pretty significantly. How significantly? We've cut a lot of the DPS requirements in half.
    Can you then at least incorportate a Hard Mode setting that works for the entire instance and negates these changes? Unless you want to scare off all raiding guilds that are still here, of course.

Rift has been dumbed down so much to please "the casual player", that you remove all the fun from the game, and the little challenge there was left.

I think you people should seriously contemplate on what type of playerbase you want: there have been numerous posts already about the insane decline in average player skill (on average 1 in 3 people who queues as "dps" for dungeons these days manages to consistently outparse the tank).

I am in favour of getting more people to enjoy MoM, but at least give the raiding community the option to retain some challenge, instead of turning raids into 20-people "experts"... Or hide these changes behind an "easy mode" button for MoM and leave the default setting at what it is.
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Dupl View Post
    but it is necessary and raiding will be more attractive for pugs
    Oh yes definitely, and A LOT LESS attractive for the raiding community...
    Another 50% nerf to bosses that were already nerfed by 30% before? I mean, really?
    Last edited by Electrah; 04-29-2016 at 01:35 AM. Reason: I can't even describe how infuriated I am right now...
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast