+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Guurloth issue

Default Guurloth issue

OK stuck on this boss. We have a primalist tank with 140K HP, 22% dodge, 46% block and 11% guard. The rest is purifier, Harbin, bard, and rest dps. Now we try so hard but the boss is hitting too hard. Either the boulder or his normal attack is overwhelming. Any way other than soul stream to save tank. It work for boulder, but stunning add and keeping it stunned doesn't seem like its enough. Please assist.
    ~PlagueWolf
    Guild Master
    <The Royal Guards of Valhalla>
    https://rgovrift.wordpress.com/~Webpage
    https://discordapp.com/widget?id=170354469744148480~DISCORD

You are tanking the add away from the boss correct? it gives a dmg boost to boss. Soul Stream + a tank CD should be enough for Boulder.

Soulstream and Boulder are both 1 minute so it lines up. It is a hard tank healing boss in general. May want to try a different class of tank and see if that helps.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

If your raid is playing the fight properly, and doesn't need Flame of Life, you can have your puri offspec with some points in Senti. Using healer's covenant against the boulder makes life a great deal easier for tanks.
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.
    Rift: Maintenance Mode.

Champion

If you´re struggling so hard, take a Defiler with you. The DPS should still be enough.

<Transcendent>

When it comes to tanking/healing Gurloth its all about smart use of cooldowns from Purifier and the Tank.

As a primalist tank I prefer to use Vitrify and Ancestral Force on each boulder and Primal Avatar: Ram on every 2., 4. boulder and Trinket shield, Temper to help with earth barrage damage.

As Purifier I use Fiery Will, Spiritual Conflagration on every Boulder and Rite of the Forge on 1., 3. and Symbol of Sun, Ward of Scorcing, Ward of Fire, Healing Breath for earth barrage healing.
    Last edited by Sahtiaro; 04-12-2016 at 05:49 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    As Purifier I use Fiery Will, Spiritual Conflagration on every Boulder and Rite of the Forge on 1., 3. and Symbol of Sun, Ward of Scorcing, Ward of Fire, Healing Breath for boulder healing.
    Makes me cringe.

Anyway, take a look at your tanks Earth Resist. Assuming your group doesn't suck at mechanics 54/22 makes it easier.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AlliaceGM View Post
    OK stuck on this boss. We have a primalist tank with 140K HP, 22% dodge, 46% block and 11% guard. The rest is purifier, Harbin, bard, and rest dps. Now we try so hard but the boss is hitting too hard. Either the boulder or his normal attack is overwhelming. Any way other than soul stream to save tank. It work for boulder, but stunning add and keeping it stunned doesn't seem like its enough. Please assist.
    Ah yes, Guurloth. The class designers would like you to believe the fiction that block, dodge and armor actually matter when tanking, but the raid designers make sure that they don't matter. Guurloth is such a powerful T2 boss that you can't block or dodge any of his attacks. Even his friends (Friend of Guurloth - the add) have amazing powers where you can block their attacks, but you can't dodge any of them.

The only tanks stat that matters for this fight is Guard and HP. Your tank has solid guard, but the HP is on the low side. Use every tool you have to increase it (Illustrious Enduring Vials, tank food, etc.) Make sure the tank uses Vitrify during the boulder. Have the tank save his/her other cooldowns for the add phase. Both stuns and debilitates work again the add, so have your raid use them in a rotation. And, as suggested, a 54 Puri/22 Sent is by far the best healer for this fight. Being able to use Healer's Covenant makes a big difference during the add phase. And it's important to have your best geared cleric heal this fight. Too little SP won't be able to keep up with the heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Filri View Post
    If you´re struggling so hard, take a Defiler with you. The DPS should still be enough.
    They won't make the dps check with a defiler. It's far too tight of a dps check unless you are in full T2 gear or better.

Shadowlander

140k seems low. It is easy to get 146k with no T2 gear, our tanks had 152-154k when we started IGP.
    -Check to make sure the Tank has minimum 176 resist tanking lessers and is fully runed(crafted and rep) and dream orbed (including planar).
    -Make sure the tank has a pelagic rune(resists) on his focus(commonly missed).
    -You can throw out a prismatic well for him and use the guild ability for extra resists.
    -If you have someone that can play inquisitor, you can pick up a 5% link on the tank if they have the right build. This will likely cause a dps loss. I think a Necro still has a 10%, but this would likely be a much larger dps loss. Defiler would have a 20%, but the least dps.

Good luck with your future attempts!

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Wali View Post
    They won't make the dps check with a defiler. It's far too tight of a dps check unless you are in full T2 gear or better.
    Then they should let a Warrior spec like this ( http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8...0/38hiwrkGb2/V ) and GG, you have a 15% Link with barely a DPS loss to full paragon (~10%)
    Divine Favor on the Warrior and GG well played

<Transcendent>

Quote Originally Posted by Filri View Post
    Then they should let a Warrior spec like this ( http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8...0/38hiwrkGb2/V ) and GG, you have a 15% Link with barely a DPS loss to full paragon (~10%)
    Divine Favor on the Warrior and GG well played
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8...iwliFkg/V|_-X0

(You were missing three points)

You can also take a point out of devoted training or something and spec into wrist strike. This gives you 9 seconds of CC on the add total. With two warriors (one in Paragon, the other in Paralord), this gives you 18 seconds of CC, plus whatever the tank and other inferior callings have.

Don't bother stunning the add during Orb of Searing Power, since Guurloth doesn't do his auto-cast during Orb.

Overall, Paralord is nice, but it does around the same as 61 Warlord at the moment (on a dummy). It IS quite a lot easier, and can spec into Grasping though. In addition to a link, you might also want to consider a 54 Harbinger. It's not a big loss, and the AOE passive healing is considerable. Also, I keep philters on myself even as a DPS (they're actually more effective as a DPS). Illustrious ones heal for 20k, and can crit (which is why it's better for a DPS to use it).

It won't prevent one shots, but you could also have the bard or oracle soul stream/planar variation the tank when both the add and boulder are up. There's really a myriad of options you have.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 04-12-2016 at 10:03 AM.

I have a YouTube video of one of my HM Guurloth kills as Purifier. I opted for a 54/22 build to pick up Healer's Covenant and for a little more splash with Enraptured Breath for Healing Breath.

We also, back then, had our Oracle use his 5% link on the tank. I kept Divine Favor on tank, person standing out soaking aoes, and then on a special snowflake DPS. You can also solo heal this in 54/22 with no LGV harb (or bard). I have done it before but you do want your healer to keep Philters on them to cover some of the damage that you won't get to cover with Gathering of the Flames (if it's on CD.)

It very well could be Puri issues along with some tank gear needed to give a little more HP.
    Last edited by Riane; 04-12-2016 at 09:37 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Thank you

<Transcendent>

Plane Touched

aint this boss nerfed to the ground by now that you can do it with your eyes closed while playing your blue geared alt?

You're probably dying to the chain cast Earth Barrage's. He tends to do them back to back and that's where the healer can fall behind. Watch the bosses cast's if he does a 3rd one in a row, pop rite of the Forge or a tank cd.

For boulder, the tank can pop a cd and cast Ancestral Force on themselves. Puri can also use Spiritual Conflagration here.

Make sure add is far enough away from boss, if it's too close to boss. Tank will take extra damage from his casts.

When the add pops up, puri should use Fiery Will, this should keep tank up for a bit until boss does an emote. During emote, tank won't take a lot of damage. Soon as the cast ends, start using stuns/debilitates.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Shadowlander

2 questions:

1) When do you start using cd's on the Boulder?

2) When are you stunning the add if it comes together with Boulder?

Because if your timing it wrong, it would mean you wasted your cd's.

Also just make a sure that if the add is up you use a certain stun order. And at the end phase when you have the 3rd add, have some1 extra stunn it as much as possible.

And if the healer is still struggling, take a mage 54 harb. Then the healer can only focus on the tank.
    Officer of Temple of Light, DBozMen@Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast