+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Comet of Ahnket now on PTS, please check out the new Universal Introduction Mode!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Comet of Ahnket now on PTS, please check out the new Universal Introduction Mode!

Greetings,

The new 3.6 10 man raid The Comet of Ahnket is up on PTS and open to the public for testing! The entrance is located at 13373, 958, 11611, The Haunted Terminal in Tempest Bay. The raid contains 4 bosses and 2 mini-bosses (and only one non-boss encounter). It is balanced as tier 3 with the standard Easy/Normal/Hard mode settings. Combat balance is still in flux, so you may find some things to be a little too hard or easy. Also please note that the rewards are all still placeholder at this time.

Universal Introduction Mode
    One thing in particular I would like to invite all of you to test is our new Universal Introduction Mode (replacing our traditional Introduction/Easy Mode which rewards only tokens). Unlike other raids, when this instance is set to Introduction Mode by using the crystal at the entrance, your entire party will be granted 1,600 hit. Additionally, the 'Ascended Odds!' mechanic will become active. Our goal with this is to allow players interested in experiencing new raid content to do so without requiring a full progression to the tier.

Ascended Odds!
    This mechanic applies a buff which increases your outgoing damage and healing, and maximum health by 2% per stack for every 30 seconds you are actively engaged in combat. These stacks will persist through death and newly joining members will receive stacks equal to the accumulated total when joining an instance. The stacks will only be removed when you beat the encounter, change the difficulty or reset the instance.

If all goes well, Universal Introduction Mode will open up opportunities for casual pick-up groups to explore the encounters and create a new avenue of item progression for aspiring raiders. We won't know for certain one way or another until we've tested it and you've confirmed or denied its success! So if you've got time and a pick-up group of folks handy, hop on to PTS and let us know what your experience was like.

Happy Hunting,

Anony

this is such an excellent idea to introduce newer players to rift raiding and all the wonderful work you and the art team do, I'll definitely be getting groups together and I encourage all newer players or guilds that want to try raiding to give it a shot

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

This is what I was alluding to, but did not want to spoil on today's Livestream. Congrats Raid guys, this is gonna be huge.
    Jeff "Red Hawk" Hamilton
    Senior Systems Designer - Rift

Default initial feedbacl

The concept of the zone is well thought out. The art are breath taking. The encounters I have seen also look to be challenging and fun.

Universal Introduction mode seems to be a very well thought out concept to help players experience the new content without having to wait for hit reqs. Definitely a welcome for PUG groups and those players new to the Rift raiding scene.

The only suggestion I have is put in an Atlas Reactor character as hidden raid boss!

Thank you.

Ral
    Champion

well, PTS went down while i was gearing up, but my first question is how high do the stacks go, is it for boss only or trash as well, if I can survive 30s at a time, can I get enough to two box the instance (or solo)? I noted you only need 3 people to zone in as I did it with a couple chars from a second account (one disconnected).

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ral View Post
    well, PTS went down while i was gearing up, but my first question is how high do the stacks go, is it for boss only or trash as well, if I can survive 30s at a time, can I get enough to two box the instance (or solo)? I noted you only need 3 people to zone in as I did it with a couple chars from a second account (one disconnected).

PTS is back up. We accidentally crashed it with a hotload to improve the balance of the first raid boss in Comet of Ahnket. Max stacks is 100. You would not be able to kill this while two boxing, heh. At best you could probably do 7/10.

And yes, you get stacks from the trash as well. However, stacks reset after each encounter is defeated.
    Last edited by DEV_Anony; 03-31-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by DEV_Anony View Post

PTS is back up. We accidentally crashed it with a hotload to improve the balance of the first raid boss in Comet of Ahnket. Max stacks is 100. You would not be able to kill this while two boxing, heh. At best you could probably do 7/10.

And yes, you get stacks from the trash as well. However, stacks reset after each encounter is defeated.
    Will gear be dropping from the Universal Intro Mode as well?

Quote Originally Posted by DEV_Anony View Post

Universal Introduction Mode
    One thing in particular I would like to invite all of you to test is our new Universal Introduction Mode (replacing our traditional Introduction/Easy Mode which rewards only tokens).
    daer ti niaga. 10^2^62

Ascendant

If a group wipes on a boss for long enough (50 minutes) they'll eventually have 100 stacks of the buff, granting them a 200% bonus to DPS, healing and HP. So, the new easy mode will reward players with T3 marks by letting them eventually do triple damage and healing and having a tank with half a million HP?

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    If a group wipes on a boss for long enough (50 minutes) they'll eventually have 100 stacks of the buff, granting them a 200% bonus to DPS, healing and HP. So, the new easy mode will reward players with T3 marks by letting them eventually do triple damage and healing and having a tank with half a million HP?
    Either that OR April Fools

Rift Disciple

ignore this
    Last edited by SirCoqaLot; 04-01-2016 at 12:20 AM.
    Aloyra- -Mage- -Last Dawn- 9/9 + 2/2 HM | CoA 4/4 Hm + 2/2

April 1st haha;
    Or wait maybe it isnt. In case that it isnt, the following:

I never see easy mode runs advertised in EU trade chat. What I do see however is the low end scene upping the join requirements to avoid easy mode at any price.
    In every other major raiding MMO out there the lowest difficulty mode - no matter if its called story, easy, introduction or normal mode - is also the most popular one.

And if thats the goal, if you really want to bring the masses into raiding you should maybe also consider

Matchmaking

As long as you have no lfg you can do the most sophisticated "intro mode", you have no control that people that want to do it, are getting a group. You rely on the mercy of a handful of PuG leaders for that to happen. And no, not everyone that wants to raid, wants to start his own group.

Attunements

To ensure that people who join an easy mode raid via autoqueue can pull their weight, you can require - for example - the completion of a solo version of the HM RoF chronicle.

Weekly Raid Quests

In order to get a good mix of newcommers and more experienced players that can make assignments, weekly quests can make sure that the content gets played by players that otherwise wouldnt do it.
    Last edited by Ongar; 04-01-2016 at 12:53 AM.

New RAID HYPE!

Lets hope there's some awesome raid encounters like Dark Genesis in it!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Shield of Telara

Does the tank still needs to have T3 minimum guard?

Having all the HP in the world is fun but kinda useless if you're soft like a wet slice of bread.
    Last edited by Trauumhaft; 04-01-2016 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Yeah you will be able to wipe you to a state to get the marks. I guess it`s neither fun nor time effective if you include the time you need to rez your people etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast