+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Pagura / Arak post hotfix 13

Unhappy Pagura / Arak post hotfix 13

Can I just say that I am very sad the mechanics of said bosses were nerfed?
    I would have been fine with a general reduction in their hitpoints, or if all the mechanics did less damage...

I like raids with individual accountability for the entire raid instead of just a few people. It is what raiding is all about for me

Meh...
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

And this isn't even the tier nerf. This is the HURRY UP AND KILL THE FIRST TWO BOSSES PLEASE nerf.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

not all guilds are as gud as u guis c:
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

1. and 2. boss in MoM have WAY too MANY mechanics that should be required for first bosses in a Tier, lets remember Ungolok and how many guilds struggled on it.

Raid bosses should have increasing difficulty further in raid and not hard 1. and 2. boss that have same difficulty as rest 3-7/9 bosses.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Plane Walker

You clowns in these high end guilds crack me up. Seriously what do you care. More people in content is better for the game. Its gets more of the player base involved and keeps them interested in the game instead of hitting a brick wall
    Can you not see this is best for all. Drop the ego can't stop crying, cuz remember you are the bestest of the bestest of the best and you are so great

Quote Originally Posted by kenx2020 View Post
    what do you care
    We don't. It doesn't matter to our egos who kills Pagura or Lord Arak or whatnot. So many guilds are merging that I think most of us prefer it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by kenx2020 View Post
    More people in content is better for the game
    Yes, and we'd prefer it that way, because it gives us more chances to pick out decent recruits.

Players in "end game guilds" are not trying to be "end game players", the end game level" down to us, it is not our fault if the global level is worst than ever.
    T1 clear -- T2 clear -- MoM clear

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by xosomething View Post
    Players in "end game guilds" are not trying to be "end game players", the end game level" down to us, it is not our fault if the global level is worst than ever.
    Sure you are. You enjoy standing out and showing off your accomplishments. Hence the reason you guys check the forum section what 2 - 3 times aday looking for the first.

And clearly you guys do care when content gets nerfed or you wouldn't have made threads like this and other threads ( like sparkles quest, the whole 3t should be earned)Lastly who cares how low the over all skill level is of the population, the cream will always still raise to the top it doesnt affect the high end guilds
    Last edited by kenx2020; 03-02-2016 at 11:52 AM.

Plane Walker

I'm not an end game player but I like to see nerfs to the first bosses of MoM. It's always good for more of the population to experience more of the game. As the original poster said, we prefer to see reduced damages/hitpoints while preserving the mechanics of the fight. That way the bosses are more forgiving, and all players can still enjoy the encounter as designed. I haven't seen anyone here come out against the nerfs.

For Pagura, I think extending the shattering roar and reducing the damage to hex failures are the right steps. I am also disappointed to see curse of 6 removed.

Arak seemed like they made right choices. They didn't remove any mechanics just made them more forgiving.

To me, the real gimp we got from today's patch is on Pagura.

Before the nerf, the entire encounter only consists a mechanic portion. There is no real "check" in this fight (please do not bring up golems, if you are not saving lava field for them you are doing it wrong).

By nerfing curses and the damage of hex of failure etc, not only the fight requires less people to take responsibilities, but also even the ones that do are more tolerant to mistakes and failures.

When a fight consists neither mechanics nor any "check", it becomes a pinata.

Keep in mind I am not saying this is a bad thing. Guilds are merging and people are leaving everyday. Yet T3 entry level guilds are still stuck on the first boss of the tier while its loot drops are absolutely garbage. Although I disagree that this is a hard boss, I do think the nerfs are necessary to somewhat save the raid environment, at least on NA.

Now onto Lord Arak.

Yes it got nerfed. But it did NOT change how this fight should be done.

People who can't interrupt correctly will still fail the fight.

People who can't dodge walls will still die to walls.

People who can't do DNC will still die to DNC no matter how much damage it does.

My point is, it's still the same fight. The nerfs did not change the difficulty of this fight. It is still a hard boss for an entry level encounter.

I think a lot of people will agree with me on this. Among the first 5 encounters in MoM Lord Arak is my personal favorite fight. And I do think its rewards (trinkets) make it deserve its difficulty.
    ChinaPandaMan@Laethys <Trinity> twitch.tv/chinapandaman

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaPandaMan View Post
    To me, the real gimp we got from today's patch is on Pagura.

Before the nerf, the entire encounter only consists a mechanic portion. There is no real "check" in this fight (please do not bring up golems, if you are not saving lava field for them you are doing it wrong).

By nerfing curses and the damage of hex of failure etc, not only the fight requires less people to take responsibilities, but also even the ones that do are more tolerant to mistakes and failures.

When a fight consists neither mechanics nor any "check", it becomes a pinata.

Keep in mind I am not saying this is a bad thing. Guilds are merging and people are leaving everyday. Yet T3 entry level guilds are still stuck on the first boss of the tier while its loot drops are absolutely garbage. Although I disagree that this is a hard boss, I do think the nerfs are necessary to somewhat save the raid environment, at least on NA.

Now onto Lord Arak.

Yes it got nerfed. But it did NOT change how this fight should be done.

People who can't interrupt correctly will still fail the fight.

People who can't dodge walls will still die to walls.

People who can't do DNC will still die to DNC no matter how much damage it does.

My point is, it's still the same fight. The nerfs did not change the difficulty of this fight. It is still a hard boss for an entry level encounter.

I think a lot of people will agree with me on this. Among the first 5 encounters in MoM Lord Arak is my personal favorite fight. And I do think its rewards (trinkets) make it deserve its difficulty.
    Actually yes I do agree with you. The nerf to pagura was overboard but understandable, the enrage timer on it pre-nerf was too short to begin with, it really should be 7:30, not like it matters now anyways.

Nice post china.

@the kids crying about "END GAME" guilds / raiders "checking the forums" and all that... How can you get better at the game and prevent nerfs from rolling down the pipe if you don't even try. The slightest effort can yield the greatest gain, yet you complain about "elitism" and this other nonsense. IMO more people should be on the forums. The player base that is left of this game is increasingly awful.
    Last edited by Drewsy; 03-02-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Telaran

Red face

I'm glad these nerfs are here. As someone who has helped multiple guilds with initial progression in MoM, I believe these changes are a step in the right direction.

It's all about the community and at this point in the tier I would rather have some of the encounters readjusted than to see more guilds call it quits or merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    1. and 2. boss in MoM have WAY too MANY mechanics that should be required for first bosses in a Tier, lets remember Ungolok and how many guilds struggled on it.
    Considering it's T3, you'd expect people to at least be able to pay attention to mechanics. It's a bit sad, really.

Bosses should never be (nerfed into) loot pinatas.

Personally I want to do my progress in a MMO prenerf. I like playing raids "in sync". That means not undergeared, but also not overgeared or post nerf, as the content becomes shallow.

Actually I made an experiment like 3 months ago in "that other MMO", where I joined a Heroic Blackhand run, with a "garrison alt" postnerf. The team made every mistake you can make and we still downed the boss. So this is no different than doing LFR. But I dont go to the forums and complain about it, because I understand that this content is no longer for me, its for a different target audience now. I had fun when it was current content.

In the case of Rift, they are doing these kinda nerfs for 5 years, so Im tempted to say get used to it or suggest a different raiding model, that doesnt rely on over time nerfs.
    Last edited by Ongar; 03-02-2016 at 01:46 PM.

I don't mind nerfs per se, but as I said preferably just "less hp less damage" across the board instead of removing mechanics.

This is not a matter of ego, this is a matter of me wanting to see the general community improve when it comes to raiding: individual accountability is a great way to achieve this. And, it's the *third* tier of raiding this expansion, so it only makes sense if higher tiers are more demanding than lower tiers when it comes to mechanics.
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast