+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legit Strat, exploit or the ominous "clever use of tactics" on Genesis?

Shadowlander

Default Legit Strat, exploit or the ominous "clever use of tactics" on Genesis?

On monday we had our first Genesis kill and we did it the "proper" way, which means we spent several weeks on optimizing our dps and fine tuning our mechanic execution to beat the enrage timer.

After our kill we heard rumors (somebody saw that strategy on a stream) that in the 20%-add phase the adds on the lower floor can be aggroed by a cleric tank on the upper floor without being able to attack him. That frees up alot of ressources bottom (you only need a healer, a tank and an interrupter there) to move up top as well so that phase can be finished significantly faster. This would save enough time to make the enrage timer basically meaningless.

So my question is: Is that a legit strategy, an exploit or the ominous "clever use of tactics"?
    Last edited by Level1Commoner; 03-02-2016 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Level1Commoner View Post
    On monday we had our first Genesis kill and we did it the "proper" way, which means we spent several weeks on optimizing our dps and fine tuning our mechanic execution to beat the enrage timer.

After our kill we heard rumors (somebody saw that strategy on a stream) that in the 20%-add phase the adds on the lower floor can be aggroed by a cleric tank on the upper floor without being able to attack him. That frees up alot of ressources bottom (you only need a healer, a tank and an interrupter there) to move up top as well so that phase can be finished significantly faster. This would save enough time to make the enrage timer basically meaningless.

So my question is: Is that a legit strategy, an exploit or the ominous "clever use of tactics"?
    Watch the trinity video.
    This will enable you to come to a conclusion for yourself.

If you have a cleric tank doing Shadow Genesis they can't use big healing CDs like Reprieve because it can pull aggro if they are close enough to the lower platform's adds (happened to Neph a few times and they swapped tank roles).

The way Mr T-Rex here is talking about has been fixed.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    If you have a cleric tank doing Shadow Genesis they can't use big healing CDs like Reprieve because it can pull aggro if they are close enough to the lower platform's adds (happened to Neph a few times and they swapped tank roles).

How's the result different? Since the healing threat has other implications and usually with the next spawn of Holy Genesis, the first pair loses its threat to the cleric tank and then you've got more than two unless they somehow manage to renew the threat or bug them again(No reliable way to do this to my knowledge).
    So if you bug the Holy Genesis to a smaller or to an equal extent compared to a strategy that was ruled legit, your method is legit as well.

That being said congrats to whoever killed Dark Genesis.
    Last edited by trionsaur REX; 03-02-2016 at 04:26 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post

Yeah, that's what I meant. Supposedly there is a way to position the cleric on the top floor that all add waves on the bottom floor basically get stuck when they try to reach him and do nothing. And somebody has done that last ID (unconfirmed though!). I can understand that you guys had to use cheesy tactics when it was new and buggy as hell, but now even 2nd tier raiders like us can kill it properly and we spent a lot of effort to do it. So I really want a confirmation if that is a legit tactic or not.

And tyvm.
    Last edited by Level1Commoner; 03-02-2016 at 05:22 AM.

Plane Walker

Aenomaly former <Fires of Heaven>
    Aenomaly - Draenor
    T1: 12/12 - T2: 15/15 - T3: 9/9 - World #1 Arisen Arak
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

If a cleric tank up top agro'd the holy genesis, shouldn't they run back to spawn and re-agro on the bottom floor? Or atleast thats how they should correct themselves. Very similar to players jumping off the side when a pair are spawning and they run to towards them a level below then reset. If they are perma lock then yeh, no bueno.

P.S. The 45k tank deeps HYPE TRAIN HAS NO BREAKS

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

The boss right now is not less buggy compared to when the first wave of raiders progressed on it.
    So it's still fine to do it if you can do it. I mean it's not the Justicar's fault that Epsiry and Anony couldn't get the aggro behavior right. The Justicar needed to heal the group or himself or whoever.
    Legit strategy according to trion and less bugusing than the NA kills.

Nerf justicar confirmed!

Make it happen pls

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    Nerf justicar confirmed!

Make it happen pls
    inb4 China4Tank rather than China4Puri?
    ChinaPandaMan@Laethys <Trinity> twitch.tv/chinapandaman

+ Reply to Thread