+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enigma running phase- dps tips?

Plane Walker

Default Enigma running phase- dps tips?

I'm losing a lot of dps during the running phase because bad. Anyone got some tips for maintaining your dps? I think I lose an average of 8-10k from beginning of chaos phase to end of phase.

Mouse turn and strafe.

Make sure your rotation is key bound so it can easily be completed while moving

Plane Walker

Ok I will try that. I was strafing but I would strafe into the wrong lane. What camera angle do you use?

ps: is it possible to fall off the circle path? both toward the boss and behind the raid away from boss?
    Last edited by Gurgi of Prydain; 03-01-2016 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi of Prydain View Post
    Ok I will try that. I was strafing but I would strafe into the wrong lane. What camera angle do you use?

ps: is it possible to fall off the circle path? both toward the boss and behind the raid away from boss?
    You can strafe, almost run normal forward, so the boss is in about 90 degree to your side and you can still hit it.

And yes, you can fall off the platform toward the boss and outer edge and afaik you can not be ressed, because your corpse respawn on the stairs outside of the boss room.
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

Rift Disciple

What the guy above me sayd. You basicly want to face the direction you are headed, with your facing turned slightly towards boss and strafing most of the time. Dont forget to use insoles and planars to make it easier, and your speed boost abilities to catch up if you fall behind.

If you have too big issues with it, find or make a dimension with a training dummy you can circle around, or ask someone to duel and play dummy for you as healer or such,

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nehira View Post
    You can strafe, almost run normal forward, so the boss is in about 90 degree to your side and you can still hit it.

And yes, you can fall off the platform toward the boss and outer edge and afaik you can not be ressed, because your corpse respawn on the stairs outside of the boss room.
    You get put at the top of the stairs if you fall off. so you can be resurrected.

Overheal the fight and run through red bubbles except during Emission of Turmoil. Avoid purple and win.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Overheal the fight and run through red bubbles except during Emission of Turmoil. Avoid purple and win.
    Basically what I do as lib lol

Hold right click and move with WASD.

Keybind to QERTFGZXCVB123456 shift, alt, control, then mouse buttons if you have any.

Some pic i found online: http://prntscr.com/aa2e3l

It's worth noting that during the first phase, since you're mostly standing still and dpsing two targets at the same time (Depending on the class) your DPS will be naturally higher during the first phase than the second even with a perfect rotation.

Depending on the class it can easily be 10K drop depending on your lavafield management during the run phases.
    Last edited by InflatablePanda; 03-01-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InflatablePanda View Post
    It's worth noting that during the first phase, since you're mostly standing still and dpsing two targets at the same time (Depending on the class) your DPS will be naturally higher during the first phase than the second even with a perfect rotation.

Depending on the class it can easily be 10K drop depending on your lavafield management during the run phases.
    Lava Field hits everywhere on Enigma.
    Last edited by Hundreds; 03-01-2016 at 09:26 PM.

How I deal with running on enigma:
    I stay turned to the whole time, because its huge dps loss otherwise if you turn away and I hold down right mouse button to get screen ''locked'' and just slowly strafe to the right using keyboard ''move right'' key. I think this is the only way to do semi-decent dps during running phase.

You can check it here: https://youtu.be/6ez_7QQQWuM?t=2m48s
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Plane Walker

Thanks everyone for the tips. I used all of them and been practicing. Doing much better now- only lost a bit under 2k-3k the past few pulls, which is a big improvement to when I was losing 10k during Enigma's chaos stage.
    Last edited by Gurgi of Prydain; 04-01-2016 at 10:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread