+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift, Raids, My Problem with it & what needs improvements

Default Rift, Raids, My Problem with it & what needs improvements

Love playing Rift, it's a fun game but unfortunately the way content is released and managed is making myself and a group of my friends thinking about leaving to a new game because it's hard to have fun with the limitations placed on us. I don't think those at Trion are incompetent but choosing cash grabs over it's player base which is only going to make players like myself and others leave and continue to shrink the community making cash grabs more direct and ultimately riding Rift off the rails.

You can relate these tactics to a real life country cause they work similar to a business as a country is made up of all businesses, the over taxation(cash grabs causing in-game limitations/poorly released stuff) of people shrink jobs(people leaving), and overall reduce the money brought into the government(Trion) which farther only enable more taxation and it's a death cycle... However making more jobs(total people) happy can result in more money coming into the government from the amount working(playing) and everything will go smooth.

So what's the deal with raiding in Rift and how can we improve it? I love to raid and so do my friends, but it feels like we have our hands tied behind our backs, why? Tier 3 comes out, it's a 20 man only and I play with a guild that has a hard enough time getting 20 people to fill a 20 man raid. Yes yes we can pug, find pugs, or join a different guild, yet like myself and a lot of others we have a particular community we play with and it just happens to not be that large. Now expecting and waiting months for a Tier 3 10 man to be released sooner or later (apparently I'm hearing it's going to be a Tier 4....). Now I'm sitting here wondering how many people will even have 1600 hit when this comes out, I bet less than 5% of raiders, so what is this purpose of a Tier 4 if it's not a blant cash grab to sell Tier 3 weapons and armors on the store? I'm guessing the amount of people who bought Tier 2 PvP weapons was surprising and this is why it's happening.

My point? Rift isn't becoming fun anymore, it's shrinking and with poor decisions like this one where money comes before the player base, why should we stick around? I love Rift and I find the game fun, but we're not being supported when the only raid we do that's worth a hoot is IGP with our small guild and Tier 3 is being neglected for a pointless, yes pointless Tier 4 raid, it's bad enough that Rift isn't releasing Two 10 mans and One 20 man for each tier, giving us more to do each week with friends and supporting more players to come to Rift rather than driving them away.

Anyways I've expressed my concerns and if Tier 4 comes out before I'm even able to raid Tier 3 content I can see myself and a lot of my friends who have been bored since MoM came out to leave the game, you would think Trion would support it's larger player base rather than smaller player base, I'm sure there are a lot more who can do 10 man raids than 20 man raids yet raids releases are staggered and support 20 mans more than 10. I guess that is good tactics if you want to make more players bored and overall leave the game in the raiding community. Please consider what I think you should already know. Thank You.
    Last edited by BiotoxGaming; 02-28-2016 at 05:02 AM.
    From light, comes darkness, and from darkness, light.

Rift Disciple

I feel you... I do not think that things are going to be any better soon unfortunately. There are times that I am trying not to think the money I spent in order to be ready for the 3.4. If I knew all these changes were about to happen.. I would have taken my wife to a fancy restaurant for an expensive romantic dinner instead.

I think all the worry about tier 4 is a bit hasty. Ocho already said they are going to do something a bit different. It wouldn't surprise me if there's an easy mode that is t3 level and drops t3 loot. I could be wrong of course but maybe wait for more details to be released.

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

Quote Originally Posted by Liadva View Post
    I think all the worry about tier 4 is a bit hasty. Ocho already said they are going to do something a bit different. It wouldn't surprise me if there's an easy mode that is t3 level and drops t3 loot. I could be wrong of course but maybe wait for more details to be released.
    I was thinking the same thing, but we'll see.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by Liadva View Post
    That wouldn't be too bad then and at least we'll have a new tier to work on.

What I don't understand is why each raid isn't designed to be ran in both 10 and 20 man... this system has been used in other games like 6 years ago, worked fine. If Trion struggles to produce a lot of raid content then this is one way to give players more to do especially with the nerf to alts. The 20 mans could give more marks, different loot table, better procs etc.
    Last edited by BiotoxGaming; 02-28-2016 at 11:58 AM.
    From light, comes darkness, and from darkness, light.

I think the biggest problem with Rift is that besides raiding, there is zero incentive to get better gear or even get good at the game (learn rotations, roles etc).. and how many people do raid in Rift? 5-10%?

Once you've reached 800hit there is zero challenges in PvE for you, unless you raid...
    H / K O X B O X

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Sounds like this may be me, no I'm not a bot just have a higher density of fast twitch muscle fibers compared to the average human

Quote Originally Posted by JICHAEL View Post
    I think the biggest problem with Rift is that besides raiding, there is zero incentive to get better gear or even get good at the game (learn rotations, roles etc).. and how many people do raid in Rift? 5-10%?

Once you've reached 800hit there is zero challenges in PvE for you, unless you raid...

People need higher hit gear to be able to run fast experts. have you SEEN the recruitment messages in crossevents?
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    have you SEEN the recruitment messages in crossevents?
    Standard copy and paste recruitment message as used by the cool people

+ Reply to Thread