+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Dear Trion

Default Dear Trion

The Topic of this thread is how you, Trion, make your RIFT players, top raiding players/guilds in particular, feel unappreciated and how you waste a lot of our time.

MoM was released a couple of months ago, so you had plenty of time to fix bugs and make the bosses playable. While this is more or less the case with 8 out of 9 bosses, Arisen Arak (AA) is still a waste of time for us raider. I do not speak on behalf of my guild (Fires of Heaven) or of any other guild, but i'm very sure that most of the players in these guilds have the same opinion.

I don't wanna go into details or write a long bug report on how unplayable AA is, but some of the points are: AA got disabled for weeks, phase changes did/do not work correctly, AA used to randomly not reset which caused raids to be called after waiting for quite a while for a dev to reset it, unsolvable mechanics because of calculation and/or scripting errors, bugs bugs and more bugs, unwillingly live testing of mechanics/phases, the most horrible mechanics VFX this game has every seen, once we have a phase down it get almost completely changed so it's learning from scratch again, and so on. These problems are not exclusively for FoH, but for all guilds that progress on this boss. I know this, because some of the other top guilds stream their progression (or should i say frustration) on AA.

We are progressing on this boss for weeks/months now and barely make much progress, because of the bugs and problems this boss has, combined with the slow bug fixes. Now let's think about this for a minute. Currently there are these guilds (in no particular order) Fires of Heaven, Transcendent, Coriolis, Trinity and Khalim'na that progress on Arisen Arak.
    I'd assume that each of these guild has a raiding schedule with at least 3 raid days (Cori usually has 2 raid days but this varies) per week and 3 hours per raid day. The routine stuff a.k.a. farming is usually done withing 1.5 raid days, which leave 1.5 or more raid days for progression. Every guild has to bring 20 player (plus 3-6 backup player) online for a raid, this is 100 to -let's say- 115 persons for these 5 guilds. These 100+ persons have to clear their schedule in order to raid, every raider is using expensive raid consumables (vials, weapon stones, insoles, guild sigils, crit and heal pots and other stuff) every time they raid. The raiding expenses add up quickly. But all this time investment -from 100+ people several times a week!- and plat/money is for nothing, because we usually get to know afterwards, that this or that mechanic is bugged and we could have cancelled the raid before it began, because we could have not go past a certain point in the boss fight anyway. This is not a one time thing, but it repeats ifself again and again for almost 2 months now.
    This is very frustrating for every raider. The motivation to seriously progress and kill this boss fades away, people don't show up for raids when they know that "progression" on AA is scheduled, because this progression is nothing but a wipefest to a totally bugged boss, full of bad VFX and not properly working mechanics - after about 3 months (?!) of its release.

In the past there were a lot of similar cases that caused a lot of frustration, but AA tops them all. This boss is hands down the worst raiding and progression experience i've had in all of my RIFT life! And from chats with guildies and friends from some of the aforementioned guilds do i know, that many other think the same.

I wonder how you, Trion, will redress for all the lost time and the increasing frustration that is caused by releasing such an unplayable boss and not even let us raider know about it's real state or how much longer it will take until it's fixed. Also i'm yet to see that you, Trion, will come out with an announcement or news or whatever, where you apologize for this mess, time and money waste you have done to 100+ of your players and in many cases customers. You expect the same from the players when they screw up, now let's see if you have some dignity and do the same.

signed,
    an angry raider
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

Sounds like a ton of fun. I thought the final bosses were ready for release which was the reason they didn't wait to release them? From the streams I've watched it seems like this boss also doesn't serve a purpose since you can get all the upgrade components you need from HM Justice. Does AA drop some extremely unique items? Proc capes? Transcendent weapons? I hope it gets fixed soon as I in no way want to downplay the severity of how broken it's been for the guilds progressing on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Copacetic View Post
    Sounds like a ton of fun. I thought the final bosses were ready for release which was the reason they didn't wait to release them? From the streams I've watched it seems like this boss also doesn't serve a purpose since you can get all the upgrade components you need from HM Justice. Does AA drop some extremely unique items? Proc capes? Transcendent weapons? I hope it gets fixed soon as I in no way want to downplay the severity of how broken it's been for the guilds progressing on him.

The wing bosses/arak were released unfinished because they were part of other content that was released before christmas/new years (the pvp weapons and other things). They were "killable" but not bug free.
    Last edited by Boase; 02-19-2016 at 06:55 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

dodged a bullet

Plane Walker

not like it's something new or special for this tier. If you progressed through original crucia,threngar and most recently akylios, you would know the same frustration a certain guild experienced before this tier.
    Ambroo- Apotheosys

FoH realizing whats it like to be the BEST guild in RIFT.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

While I appreciate the OP's position, this is far from the first time such a problem existed with a final boss of a tier. Many guilds over the years have had their own tales of woes from final bosses. My personal favorite is BoB Maelforge. Apoth can talk about Threngar. Original Aky anyone?

Thread is not tl:dr, however it is a remix of a song I have heard before. Not enough bass =P
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    While I appreciate the OP's position, this is far from the first time such a problem existed with a final boss of a tier. Many guilds over the years have had their own tales of woes from final bosses. My personal favorite is BoB Maelforge. Apoth can talk about Threngar. Original Aky anyone?

Thread is not tl:dr, however it is a remix of a song I have heard before. Not enough bass =P
    Add all the bosses you have mentioned together and you are still way below the time it takes to make AA killable. It's a shame that this problem runs like a common thread through the RIFT raid history.
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

With much due respect and love for Trion I am sorry I must agree with this post. This boss is a vry negative experience to cap off many weeks of hard work and a great deal of money spent to progress our characters..

Biggest problem for sure is a cacophany of bright spell effects and colours on a starkly white floor. THis bioss would be banned on television for its potential to induce seizures!! I wish I werent joking but it's true. And whats with the floating red discs on nightmare lady Justice?? Mechanics require you to be looking to sides but you have to aim camera straight down to not die to this and because of a huge cliff that collides with camera on one side of the room. Randomly dying (b/c of chanelled abilities???) to Titanic Swing is something that should have been fixed quickly.

These sort of bugs create a "death by a thousand cuts" effect that slowly set your raid back but don't outright break the encounter. It is so demoralising!! please do something Trion!!

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 02-22-2016 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Didn't want to get banned.

Last edited by Gilgad; Today at 10:11 AM. Reason: Didn't want to get banned.
    Oh god, what has this forum become I thought we had free speech!

Not that anyone at Trion will actually consider taking an advice from their players, though. Not unless it's something like "How to force your players to pay".
    I'd understand buggy raids if it's a bug that never occured on PTS. But when you release bosses knowing that there are unfixed bugs, despite testers begging you not to release it .. yeah. wow.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Simplici7y View Post
    Oh god, what has this forum become I thought we had free speech!

now now, you dont wanna get banned for even implying that there is no free speech do you?
    Last edited by mugmuffins; 02-23-2016 at 07:22 AM.

Telaran

ye gads, i;ve done it myself

farewell lads.

tldr: MoM's a s$)&-show and AA Arak is the star.

Looks like I made a good decision by never stepping foot into T3.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    tldr: MoM's a s$)&-show and AA Arak is the star.

Looks like I made a good decision by never stepping foot into T3.

I have enjoyed this tier the best out of all 3.0 raids. There is some nice art and cool encounters, these could have been epic with some additional tuning and bug testing... but we all know how the story goes.

If there is a lesson to be learned for Trion, a simpler but complete and polished encounter always trumps a more complex yet buggy encounter.
    Last edited by Sencas; 02-23-2016 at 02:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast