+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Arak

Yep, my guild has had the same issues. Worst case has been getting instant divide which most of the time we can get in place for but then we get the added bonus of the walls moving across as we're on the second divide which is an insta wipe.

We've had random stray diagonal bubbles wipe the raid as well, though not as frequent as them moving at the same time as a divide.
    MOM 9/9 COA HM 4/4

HARSHMALLOWS Braxus - inactive

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    Hey, guys, what do you mean by walls go diagonally across? Are you saying all the Despair crystals that form a wall in the latter phase move across diagonally? Or some? Or are you talking about a different mechanic?

If it is the Despair crystals, are they moving in a specific direction when the go astray (for example, towards the hand or towards the skull) or is it random? Does anything happen prior to this that might be related? Any detail might help, thanks.
    This has been a bug since release. If you havent seen it, you havent been paying attention.

Basically, as the third Divide and conquer is going on, the bubbles of one wall will start to shift positions. The bug is that the entire wall will do its move across while those bubbles are shifting during the last part of DnC. Even if you do manage to survive, the same wall will then return back across immediately after with no gaps to avoid it.

Another bug is that Arak will do only one mind blast after initial pull before phasing instead of two like he's supposed to. He does two normally after that as he should.

The instant DnC after the third wall moves is likely not intended also.

Plane Touched

Default non-moving wall has holes in it when diagonals show up

I just noticed that the wall that didn't run towards us also had holes in it when we saw diagonals - FWIW

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhyeyeon View Post
    This has been a bug since release. If you havent seen it, you havent been paying attention.
    A good way to get attention on a bug is to start a thread that is clearly about the bug. For example, a thread entitled "Lord Arak's Despair Crystals Are Moving Diagonally" will get eyes on it a lot faster than discussing it elsewhere. That said, your description of the issue, Parkhyeyeon, was very helpful, thanks!

Regarding those crystals, I put in a couple of changes that should reduce the occurrence of them moving diagonally, hopefully down to 0. This will probably be in Wednesday's patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Qosmo View Post
    walls occasionally moving across the room before the 3rd Divide and Conquer has finished
    Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    you WILL get the walls before DnC completes.
    Appreciate the head's up - this should be addressed in the next hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Aielma View Post
    Out of time crystal phases that start too early (you do one movement into the right cone and then it transitions).
    This probably makes more sense to those of you running this encounter and discussing it among yourselves. What mechanic is being discussed here? What is starting too early? What transitions?

Early divide and conquer.
    Early in what way?

Thanks for the information!

Plane Touched

This probably makes more sense to those of you running this encounter and discussing it among yourselves. What mechanic is being discussed here? What is starting too early? What transitions?
    1 Mind Blast before crystal phase as opposed to the intended 2.

Early in what way?
    Starting pretty much immediately after or slightly before bubble walls are finished, a lot less time to react.

Default Arak bugs

• Above 40%, sometimes Arak goes into the 'crystal phase' during the first mind blast charge.. occasionally it doesn't even complete, but he phases mid charge. Sometimes it's during the first, sometimes after the first and during the second. Not as regular a bug but we've seen it probably once a week.
    • Bubbles traveling diagonally happens a bit too, we haven't had multiple pulls in a row where this happens but have seen it happen plenty of times before.
    • Arak doesn't consistently finish all 3 casts before DnC. Sometimes DnC will be delayed so that he can cast once or twice, and this usually results in a wipe because he's casting something behind the DnC cast, and the damage that he deals while channeling ticks at the exact same time as DnC hits. I've seen this particular bug more than I care to remember and so many great pulls have been ruined by damage that shouldn't be there during that part of the fight. I understand the idea of the raid damage going out while he's channeling but shouldn't happen during DnC.

There are a few things to work around on this guy if we notice mechanics out of order or in certain patterns.. but particularly, the bug where Phantom Wounds ticks at the same time as DnC can ruin perfectly good pulls for no reason, is frustrating at times. I can probably go back through streams & find instances of this if necessary, too.

Edit: We've seen 'instant' DnC casts before (instant as in starting immediately after the wall finishes rather than the emote and audio cue), as well as DnC starting while the walls are still moving, and in most cases instant DnC casts result in a wipe because we seem to get the 'far' wall gaps and don't have enough time to move back
    Last edited by Hewi; 01-11-2016 at 05:13 PM.
    NA#1 T-Rex. One of the token aussies for -Lemme Smash-
    RIP Coriolis.

PrancingTurtle online log parser

I know I'm late to the party but thought I'd share this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie3w...ature=youtu.be

Basically there's no warning that the wall's about to move. If you look carefully at the bubbles there's no visible movement before the walls move.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Plane Touched

Another issue my raid ran into last night was him doing his normal AE dmg attack (phantom wounds or something I think?) at the exact same time he was doing divide and conquer. When I checked my death log I'd see the ~30k hit from phantom wounds 0.33 seconds or so before DnC hit, leading to us taking 100k damage in the space of .33 seconds. It managed to happen to us about 4 pulls in a row: someone was saying it might have been related to all 3 of his interrupt spells going to full duration (as in, he had his "don't interrupt" buff up for all 3), leading him to cast his phantom wounds later than expected.

It always seemed to happen on the very first tick of the very first DnC of the pull when it happened, so I ended up switching to BM and just using the max hp CD before it so that it wouldn't kill us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedolan View Post
    Another issue my raid ran into last night was him doing his normal AE dmg attack (phantom wounds or something I think?) at the exact same time he was doing divide and conquer. When I checked my death log I'd see the ~30k hit from phantom wounds 0.33 seconds or so before DnC hit, leading to us taking 100k damage in the space of .33 seconds. It managed to happen to us about 4 pulls in a row: someone was saying it might have been related to all 3 of his interrupt spells going to full duration (as in, he had his "don't interrupt" buff up for all 3), leading him to cast his phantom wounds later than expected..
    That's exactly what I'm talking about.
    The way I understand it, is Lord Arak deals damage via Phantom Wounds when he's channeling all 3 abilities, Pain, Weakness and whatever the third one is called (that I always forget). Petrify?
    As far as I can tell, the only time that damage should ever go out is when he's channeling those abilities, not when DnC is going.
    RIP Coriolis.

Well... we didn't see any diagonal walls on Wed but there were also only 2 but I guess if that fixes it, that works

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26
    Rift Team

Well... we didn't see any diagonal walls on Wed but there were also only 2 but I guess if that fixes it, that works
    Are you saying the walls only moved twice the entire fight?

Plane Touched

Are you saying the walls only moved twice the entire fight?
    2 walls, Divide & Conquer, 2 walls, Divide & Conquer, 2 walls, Divide & Conquer, etc.

As opposed to how it was before the patch which was:

2 walls, Divide & Conquer, 3 walls, Divide & Conquer, 3 walls, Divide & Conquer, etc.

Yup, it's now 2 walls then divide each time instead of 3. It actually caused us to wipe on our 1st pull tonight as we were all waiting for the 3rd wall and had the divide mechanic instead.

Felt like quite a big nerf tbh.
    MOM 9/9 COA HM 4/4

HARSHMALLOWS Braxus - inactive

Rift Disciple

Hey, guys, what do you mean by walls go diagonally across? Are you saying all the Despair crystals that form a wall in the latter phase move across diagonally? Or some? Or are you talking about a different mechanic?

If it is the Despair crystals, are they moving in a specific direction when the go astray (for example, towards the hand or towards the skull) or is it random? Does anything happen prior to this that might be related? Any detail might help, thanks.

Wait what, tríno didnt know about this bug until jan 7?

Yes one crystal moves diagonal like every 5 try on average its just one crystal and as i see its always coming from near corner. I assume the game reckognises it as belonging to both walls and make him move both the x and y.

Ah if you want bug report from arak: the ph1 crystals also bug out often, one being untargetable, delaying your transition into full time even if you finish crystals early.

He also pushes the first crystal phase after only one mindblast instead of two, this happens around every 5th try also.

Divide and conquer can also come early as they mentioned.
    Last edited by Tetmes; 01-14-2016 at 08:25 PM.

I haven't seen any diagonal crystals since the 3rd wall was removed - but we're still seeing the bug where Arak deals Phantom Wounds damage while Divide & Conquer is happening.
    We've taken to having to react really quickly to a tick of it & use something like BM CDs or the tank guard trinket to negate said damage, would be nice if this could be looked at as well
    RIP Coriolis.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast