Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mind of Madness:Dark Genesis and Arisen Arak Disabled 12/21/15

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    That only shows how much potential was wasted.
    I mean, on the bright-side, once all these bugs and tuning issues gets fixed n stuff, it really will be a great raid. Imagine being a guild who is still 1/9 or something, by the time they get deeper in (hopefully) all of the issues the top guilds are seeing today will be long gone, and it will be a great raid experience for them.

Even with all the complaints we have (rightfully so), it is not a bad raid, it was just poorly launched.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Even with all the complaints we have (rightfully so), it is not a bad raid, it was just poorly launched.
    it was bad enough to make 90% of our guild to think whether to quit playing or not. and 90% those who want to keep playing, think twice whether to invest more money in this game. It doesnt suffice anymore when "poorly launched" happens sixth time in row. Every time such thing happened, you lost players. The tiny bit they have left from raiding scene, will be soon gone.
    Last edited by ReveBeck; 12-26-2015 at 06:22 PM.
    Ambroo- Apotheosys

Soulwalker

I just want to say something about "exploits" in Rift.
    Back in wow there was a guild that edited the game's files so they could go through the ground floor and end up at the end boss of the Raid. They skipped the whole AK40 dongeon by editing the game files.. now thats exploiting.

We had a few exploits ourselves since Rift launched.
    We had NQ stacking powerstones on their weapons on maelforge. That resulted in them having 5x the SP/AP they normally had. This is an exploit.
    We had the res or sw bug that made you become immortal or something? This is an exploit too i guess.
    There was a REX exploit with PTS/Live, i think. Where you could copy your char with REX to pts and apply it over and over.
    And i think thats pretty much it.. unless i missed some huge one at some point.

Pretty much every other thing that ever got called an "exploit" in Rift, was not!
    Its just bosses/mechanics not working properly, and the devs ended up punishing or blaming the players for their own fails.
    I mean, if you can cheese an extra 90sec on an enrage timer by doing slow dps and being after for 60sec and still kill the boss... its not an exploit, thats a dev fail.
    If you can simple "cancelbuff" the sicaron contract, thats not an exploit, thats a dev fail.

Trion should stop trying to blame players/guilds for their own fails.
    If someone exploits ban him/them.
    If a Dev fu**s up, he should have the balls to man up, and say "hey guys, there is an issue with BossX please dont use "whatever the bug is" to kill the boss or we will remove your loot and achievement." Instead of doing all these "ninja fixes" so nobody will notice and call everyone exploiters all the time.
    This is your job, you are getting paid for this, BY US! Start acting like it.

Quote Originally Posted by GenjuroK View Post
    Just answer me one question honestly.
    Why did the boss have to be changed and then disabled right after a legitimate kill?
    Quote Originally Posted by GenjuroK View Post
    - Suddenly hotfixing a boss right after a legitimate kill, no announcement whatsoever.
    - Totally breaking the box by this amazing hotfix.
    - Disabling said boss right in front of us, when 20 of us were trying to raid/progress without saying a word.
    So are we going to get any answer to this?
    Why was Genesis the only boss in NT that needed to be "fixed" within a few hours after the kill?

Quote Originally Posted by KJakobs View Post
    Why was Genesis the only boss in NT that needed to be "fixed" within a few hours after the kill?
    You realise this boss would have gotten hot fixed regardless of whether we killed it or not right?

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

Soulwalker

Edit: Not worth posting here.
    Last edited by Singhssp; 12-27-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Liadva View Post
    You realise this boss would have gotten hot fixed regardless of whether we killed it or not right?
    What an amazing timing thou....

Quote Originally Posted by Singhssp View Post
    WHY - after a LEGITIMATE kill - was a boss - DISABLED.
    He just said that, it would have been fixed whether or not we killed it, yes it just happened to be right after we killed it, which is an inconvenient coincidence for us because it puts us in this position of being accused. If, we had not killed it, it would have just been a regular bug fix that breaks the boss and has it disabled, for everyone, including us
    Last edited by ILikeOranges; 12-27-2015 at 09:08 AM.

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

Quote Originally Posted by Singhssp View Post

But this is just stupid. Surely you must realise the point of view that I and many others are taking. It's not some irrational, emotionally tied argument, it is a genuine query.

So i'll reiterate:

WHY - after a LEGITIMATE kill - was a boss - 'FIXED' and then disabld a few hours after.
    Hey I don't work at trion - I don't decide when a fix is deployed or not. - I understand it looks really sketchy from an outsider's pov and if the situations were reversed [Apoth kill and FoH disable] we probably would have wanted answers too. We kept quiet on the forums because lately the threads degenerate into "you guys did this waaa" and we all love a bit of drama sometimes but this was decided as a guild that we try to keep quiet on forums as emotions are probably running high and whatever we say might make things worse.

Prophet of Telara

Hey I don't work at trion - I don't decide when a fix is deployed or not. - I understand it looks really sketchy from an outsider's pov and if the situations were reversed [Apoth kill and FoH disable] we probably would have wanted answers too. We kept quiet on the forums because lately the threads degenerate into "you guys did this waaa" and we all love a bit of drama sometimes but this was decided as a guild that we try to keep quiet on forums as emotions are probably running high and whatever we say might make things worse.
    Especially with posts like this...as i said what a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeral View Post
    *deleted message*

Soulwalker

I understand it looks really sketchy from an outsider's pov and if the situations were reversed we probably would have wanted answers too
    So this "fix" was planned you say? But he waited for you to kill it first before "fixing" it.. nice!

The problem is not only that.
    -The problem is he "fixed" the boss a few hours after the first kill (might me a coincidence, but i know these devs better)
    -Of course ended up breaking the complete fight (as always, fixing 1thing is hard without breaking the whole fight)
    -Finally he disabled it and went on vacation. (because f**k you raiding community that pay my salary!)

Trion acts like they are never accountable for anything. They release broken and beta worthy content all the time and treat the players (customers) like trash.
    And when people ask them for an official answer to a question, they get ignored, deleted or ba*****.
    I for one am sick and tired or Trion in general, Rift is imo still the best game out there, but i cant deal with trion anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by KJakobs View Post
    So this "fix" was planned you say? But he waited for you to kill it first before "fixing" it.. nice!
    I'm finding it really hard right now to respond to this in a civil manner. Please help me

It's pretty hard to believe, but maybe the dev wanted to put the "fix" in on Monday rather than over the weekend.
    Last edited by sKillmaTic; 12-27-2015 at 10:37 AM.
    Finabarr@Zaviel <The Fires of Heaven> MoM 9/9

Yay my guildies managed to make themselves look more naive than the Apoth guys play ignorant.
    Yobi gave you all the info that's available at this point. You'd stick to this and my guildies could just ignore the Christmas Forum PvP bait.
    Even though Forum PvP is way more civil at Christmas time apparently.
    I'm fine with both!
    Love the roleplay flavor.

I can relate to the anger at trion - none of us would be sad at the game right now if whoever makes the decisions actually listened.
    Where's the harm in delaying a release of a boss that needs a little extra time to be tested properly instead of having a mess like this situation now where 2 bosses have to be disabled.

These decisions are made only considering the short term benefits whatever they might be - someone needs to realise maybe its time to think of the long term implications of releasing content that isn't ready

Its quite amazing how an instance with this amount of issues is still my best experience in rift and I've placed since 1.3
    How many people not in your guild actually share your opinion? Tastes differ luckily.

To me that all sounds like next level sycophancy. But that is just my opinion.
    Last edited by GenjuroK; 12-27-2015 at 11:28 AM.
    Apotheosys/Typhiria
    Genjuro@Typhiria Warrior HM Crucia, HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4, MoM 5/9 World 1st
    Miralda@Brutwacht Rogue HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4 World 4th

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast