+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Like Tree454Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The Atrocious State of Gearing in Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Nehira View Post
    That's how it works in the business world, politics, everywhere.
    nah, if you really want a positive reaction you blatantly overdo it, then change it after criticism. "yay, they listen to us! <3".

otoh, players are whiners in general and whine about everything, blindly following all of it would leave the game a hot mess...

that being said, let me whine about upgrade costs it's cheaper to buy a t1 piece than upgrading a dungeon drop... that makes 0 sense.
    Last edited by Gray; 02-05-2016 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    nah, if you really want a positive reaction you blatantly overdo it, then change it after criticism. "yay, they listen to us! <3".

otoh, players are whiners in general and whine about everything, blindly following all of it would leave the game a hot mess...

that being said, let me whine about upgrade costs it's cheaper to buy a t1 piece than upgrading a dungeon drop... that makes 0 sense.
    HAH.i know. My mage alt got a blue staff in an nte and the upgrade if i remember correctly was like 24 ACM 0.o wtf. its an ALT. who has the time to grind that many acm.

Quote Originally Posted by archcomponent View Post
    When you said there were going to fix prices by January did you really mean jack up prices in February?

Good call, problem fixed. Time to buy some new souls.
    idk reading r hard

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post

We have changed the Imperishable Motes that drop from Crafting Rifts to now convert into Imperishable Prismatic Motes when right clicked in your inventory. All recipes that originally called for Imperishable Motes to now use the new Imperishable Prismatic Mote.
    All of the Crafting Rifts that drop Imperishable Motes have been changed to now drop the Imperishable Prismatic Mote.
    With the changes to the Imperishable Motes going Prismatic, the drop rate from Crafting Rifts has been reduced.
    Due to changes in the economy within Rift, the drop rates for the relic Imperishable crafting materials have been changed to drop less frequently than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Few other changes that will go live with the ones that Morticus listed at the top of thread are the following:

• Recipe for Phenomenal Bottles of Critical Strikes has been changed to only require 6 Sarleaf Extract
    • Rune Amender and Advanced Rune Amender recipes have had their costs slightly reduced. Mostly on the amount of stars required (both Capricious and Nightmare).
    • Pelagic Fragment and Sarleaf Fiberwood costs on Tormenting/Opaque Amenders have been reduced by 50%.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessToxic View Post
    HAH.i know. My mage alt got a blue staff in an nte and the upgrade if i remember correctly was like 24 ACM 0.o wtf. its an ALT. who has the time to grind that many acm.
    There are a lot of Iterms with to high Acm costs,they should rework them

All these upgrade paths etc are just poor gimmicks to help people part with their money yet again,remember the good old days you got a piece of armor or a weapon and only needed one item you could use your dkp on to turn them into relics?

Yeah they were better times,getting a piece of gear and having to upgrade it a gazillion times at an extortionate rate or spend a ton on enchants/orbs/whatever adds nothing to the experience but frustration.

Just another reason i could never ever take raiding seriously in this game ever again,it should be all about the experience of dropping bosses with your guild,not about the damm costs.
    -=Insert huge list of raid kills and achievements here=-

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Hundreds View Post
    idk reading r hard
    Wait, did you just say that while quoting a post from Vladd that was made 8 hours after mine?

You do know how time works, don't you? If not, I will confirm reading statements from the future actually IS hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Asenturius View Post
    All these upgrade paths etc are just poor gimmicks to help people part with their money yet again,remember the good old days you got a piece of armor or a weapon and only needed one item you could use your dkp on to turn them into relics?

Yeah they were better times,getting a piece of gear and having to upgrade it a gazillion times at an extortionate rate or spend a ton on enchants/orbs/whatever adds nothing to the experience but frustration.

Just another reason i could never ever take raiding seriously in this game ever again,it should be all about the experience of dropping bosses with your guild,not about the damm costs.

in rift vanilla doing HK, when you killed AKY a relic Voucher for a chest pc would drop (among other relic items) and all you needed to get the relic piece was to go to the vendor outside HK and turn in your old chest piece, and the voucer. BAM you now have a relic chest pc.

...and there was no upgrading the relic piece. You didnt have to further upgrade it because it was a reward for getting the damn boss down.
    Last edited by PrincessToxic; 02-08-2016 at 07:11 AM.

I was going to mule a couple of tormenting textile amenders from shard to another, but decided to hold off before raiding over the weekend.
    While raiding, I picked up a chest that's worth upgrading and using in my tank set, and I'm just sitting here looking at it now, thinking... I have to make two more amenders for that crap too?

Pretty sure I spend more time crafting upgrade materials than I do raiding, these days. It's ridiculous.
    NA#1 T-Rex. One of the token aussies for -Lemme Smash-
    RIP Coriolis.

PrancingTurtle online log parser

Quote Originally Posted by Hewi View Post
    I was going to mule a couple of tormenting textile amenders from shard to another, but decided to hold off before raiding over the weekend.
    While raiding, I picked up a chest that's worth upgrading and using in my tank set, and I'm just sitting here looking at it now, thinking... I have to make two more amenders for that crap too?

Pretty sure I spend more time crafting upgrade materials than I do raiding, these days. It's ridiculous.
    I bought most of my armor pieces instead of taking drops for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    I bought most of my armor pieces instead of taking drops for that reason.
    Sad that I will be 5/7 T3 armour this week with not a boss down in T3 to my name. And to be honest I couldn't give a rat's...

Chronicles/IAs/NTEs/WFs/sparkles etc FTW! aka RIft raiding...

One of those pieces was a "dungeon drop" from sparkles... I totally see what you mean. Upgrading that twice just to get it up to store grade ... simply ludicrous.
    Last edited by Linolea; 02-08-2016 at 09:57 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    One of those pieces was a "dungeon drop" from sparkles... I totally see what you mean. Upgrading that twice just to get it up to store grade ... simply ludicrous.
    But hey we got new content so all is good right?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Sad that I will be 5/7 T3 armour this week with not a boss down in T3 to my name. And to be honest I couldn't give a rat's...

Chronicles/IAs/NTEs/WFs/sparkles etc FTW! aka RIft raiding...

It's equally sad that I'm 8/9 yet half my gear is from chronicles/IAs/NTEs etc and not from either marks or loot from raiding.

I don't mind doing non-raiding activities, but getting much of my T3 armor from it is ridiculous.

So I take it from the silence that all the spit-balling will amount to nothing. Oh wait, there was the slight increase of crift relic drops /woot. Getting the feeling Trion is simply pretending this tier didn't happen, or something. Look over there /point ... new shiny!
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

So I take it from the silence that all the spit-balling will amount to nothing. Oh wait, there was the slight increase of crift relic drops /woot. Getting the feeling Trion is simply pretending this tier didn't happen, or something. Look over there /point ... new shiny!
    They're just waiting until it dies down again so they can unveil their next new money making idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

It seems Artewig was right. Can you see the future? O;
    Favu@Hailol lvl 65 Mage Klarran@Hailol lvl 65 Warrior Calidon@Hailol lvl 65 Primalist

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast