+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 380
Like Tree454Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The Atrocious State of Gearing in Rift

  1. #286
    Champion of Telara Stihl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowjob187 View Post
    I wish I had never read the thread
    I no longer looking forward to lvl 65, I thought the grind would be the 65 lvl

    lvl 52 main rogue
    Getting to 65 is the quickest and easiest of the grinds ahead of you. Sorry about the bad news.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

  2. #287
    Rift Master EverydayAnomaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    621

    Default

    The one thing that kind of shocks me is the numbers given earlier in the thread - pertaining to the number of guilds currently raiding. With the large number of PVE guilds in the game, is that all the guilds that have t1 and t2 raids under their belts?

    I guess i expected a much higher number of guilds to be involved. We are just a casual PVP guild and we just started raiding a few months ago and we have IGP on farm. Some nights better than others, of course, but still. (our raid lead has gray hair by now, LOL). Anyway, just a little surprised there are not more guilds raiding - especially with the nerf to the bosses.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

  3. #288
    Rift Disciple JICHAEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowjob187 View Post
    I wish I had never read the thread
    I no longer looking forward to lvl 65, I thought the grind would be the 65 lvl

    lvl 52 main rogue
    65 is the best!

    If your plan is to do big raids a week after capping 65, yes, you will be disappointed not only at this game but the whole genre -- and thank Muhammed for that, instant fixes should be for single player games.

    With that said, I still hope that trion listens to some of the feedback of this thread. Upgrade costs are a bit silly -- and raid items shouldn't even have a progression.
    H / K O X B O X

    Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Sounds like this may be me, no I'm not a bot just have a higher density of fast twitch muscle fibers compared to the average human

  4. #289
    Plane Walker PrincessToxic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    The one thing that kind of shocks me is the numbers given earlier in the thread - pertaining to the number of guilds currently raiding. With the large number of PVE guilds in the game, is that all the guilds that have t1 and t2 raids under their belts?

    I guess i expected a much higher number of guilds to be involved. We are just a casual PVP guild and we just started raiding a few months ago and we have IGP on farm. Some nights better than others, of course, but still. (our raid lead has gray hair by now, LOL). Anyway, just a little surprised there are not more guilds raiding - especially with the nerf to the bosses.


    you would think there would be more right... its actually quite hard to get started. Without an achievement to a raid already you better get stupid lucky and have someone take you without an achieve. Some people will link old achieves for legacy raids and hope the person doesnt look at the date...

    I prefer honestly. If i suck replace me. I've yet to be replaced in any other tier of raid but cant get into an HK raid or higher without an achieve. Its ******** to be honest. i was 11/11 legacy HK.

  5. #290
    Shield of Telara somestuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    The one thing that kind of shocks me is the numbers given earlier in the thread - pertaining to the number of guilds currently raiding. With the large number of PVE guilds in the game, is that all the guilds that have t1 and t2 raids under their belts?
    It's not so much the number of guilds, it's the quality of players in said guilds. Many more guilds have T1 and T2 "under their belts" but this is only because Trion has nerfed those raids into the ground. I'm not sure when the first or even 2nd nerf came, but here is a list of guilds that killed Therenger from T1.

    I see that TF came out around Feb. so my guess is MS was getting nerfed around that time if not earlier.

    http://www.topofrift.com/standings/w...harax/threngar

    Looking at the list of guilds that killed Therngar before Feb. maybe 3 of those guilds are left in the game from the U.S. side. Not sure about the EU (it looks like % more)

    Those players are gone, some might have gone to the other 3 guilds in the U.S. but most of them are gone and playing other games. Since they didn't come back for T2, i doubt many will be back for T3 and even if they did....see above!

  6. #291
    Ascendant Xclvsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    I believe CRIFT drop rates are doubled as of today.

    Working as intended?
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

  7. #292
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowjob187 View Post
    I wish I had never read the thread
    I no longer looking forward to lvl 65, I thought the grind would be the 65 lvl

    lvl 52 main rogue
    EU or NA?

    If EU and wanting to raid?
    Send a ingame or PM here and ill bring you to tier1 first day you hit 65. And maybee some tier2

    Aenomaly former <Fires of Heaven>
    Aenomaly - Draenor
    T1: 12/12 - T2: 15/15 - T3: 9/9 - World #1 Arisen Arak
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

  8. #293
    Rift Master Godgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeral View Post
    EU or NA?

    If EU and wanting to raid?
    Send a ingame or PM here and ill bring you to tier1 first day you hit 65. And maybee some tier2
    You can always do that to my cleric, it would finally get leveled to 65 that way <3

  9. #294
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moyah View Post
    It's just what people are like these days: they want instant gratification and don't bother doing content that has no rewards in the form of new shiny gear.

    Personally I like doing older tier raids, just because it's fun. But there are very few people left who think like that. Which is not making things easier for new players to step up...
    If you get enough people to PUG MS with for example, half the raid will leave after a few wipes because they don't want to feel like they're "progressing" through old content...
    No duh sherlock. I'm sorry, but I'm playing this game to have fun. It stopped being fun when I had to teach the 50th newbie how to raid 101 basics because they didn't take the time to read published guides and get practice in. It stopped being fun the moment I'm forced to step in to a year old raid that I did 4 nights out of the week for 6 months to clear then spent another 3 months in just to gear my own guildies.

    That's not fun any more. That's work. Get off your high horse.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

  10. #295
    Plane Touched Grobari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeral View Post
    EU or NA?

    If EU and wanting to raid?
    Send a ingame or PM here and ill bring you to tier1 first day you hit 65. And maybee some tier2
    gear my lil'euromage pliiiiiiiiiz
    Maniaq@Greybriar

  11. #296
    Plane Walker PrincessToxic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    No duh sherlock. I'm sorry, but I'm playing this game to have fun. It stopped being fun when I had to teach the 50th newbie how to raid 101 basics because they didn't take the time to read published guides and get practice in. It stopped being fun the moment I'm forced to step in to a year old raid that I did 4 nights out of the week for 6 months to clear then spent another 3 months in just to gear my own guildies.

    That's not fun any more. That's work. Get off your high horse.

    I enjoy teachng people how to raid, but I require they watch videos, read guides and (for rof for example) do the chronical with me.

  12. #297
    Champion of Telara Stihl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Not sure when the thread turned to the topic of pug raiding, but of course they require achieves. That has more to do with the lockout system than gearing or any aspect of the raids themselves. When you only have 1 opportunity to clear with complete strangers, you limit your risk as much as possible.

    You cannot recruit anyone already locked to an instance, you cannot join any other instances after you yourself become locked, and few people have any interest in joining partially completed instances. If someone has to be replaced after the raid has begun (either because they bail, or don't perform, etc) the experience becomes significantly less enjoyable, and odds of success plummet.
    Last edited by Stihl; 12-03-2015 at 07:13 AM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

  13. #298
    Rift Master Godgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Not sure when the thread turned to the topic of pug raiding, but of course they require achieves. That has more to do with the lockout system than gearing or any aspect of the raids themselves. When you only have 1 opportunity to clear with complete strangers, you limit your risk as much as possible.

    You cannot recruit anyone already locked to an instance, you cannot join any other instances after you yourself become locked, and few people have any interest in joining partially completed instances. If someone has to be replaced after the raid has begun (either because they bail, or don't perform, etc) the experience becomes significantly less enjoyable, and odds of success plummet.
    This is why open locks should be in place, you yourself would be lootlocked till whatever boss you clear but you can join any other raid still on said bosses and kill them with that group again, just no chance at loot till something dies you're not loot locked to yet.
    Maybe some extra contribution marks for helping that warrant other sorts of stuff to motivate people further to help would be a good idea then even, could be vanity (though vanity should be cash only anyhow)

  14. #299
    Phs
    Phs is offline
    Shield of Telara Phs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godgrinder View Post
    This is why open locks should be in place, you yourself would be lootlocked till whatever boss you clear but you can join any other raid still on said bosses and kill them with that group again, just no chance at loot till something dies you're not loot locked to yet.
    Wasn't the argument against this "but then people would charge people to be carried".

    Just imagine the chaos. Imagine all the people being able to pug single bosses. Imagine people not worrying about filling into an end boss kill and missing all the others. Oh the horror. /s

    I'd imagine it'll never happen because it would require the entire instance lock system to be rebuilt?
    and that wouldn't bring in any money immediately..
    Last edited by Phs; 12-04-2015 at 05:38 AM.

  15. #300
    Champion of Telara Ongar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    Wasn't the argument against this "but then people would charge people to be carried".

    Just imagine the chaos. Imagine all the people being able to pug single bosses. Imagine people not worrying about filling into an end boss kill and missing all the others. Oh the horror. /s

    I'd imagine it'll never happen because it would require the entire instance lock system to be rebuilt?
    and that wouldn't bring in any money immediately..
    While Im all up for modern raiding, what we need is a special version that works for Rift.

    If you have such a per boss loot lockout system, I can tell you from hundreds of PuG runs that it is pure "hire and fire" especially on the higher difficulties. You can easily swap your team up to 5 times/night til you find one that has potential. The thing is in an giant ocean of raiders, this "hire and fire" thing is a non issue. Everyone is a fish in the ocean. Its how it is. And if you dont like it you always join a raiding guild for a more stable enviroment.

    In a raiding scene of the size we are dealing with in this game, however, swapping teams 5 times a night aint a great idea. In a smaller raiding scene reputation is everything, removing people from a team can lead to bad blood etc. On top of that imagine getting some of the players you had earlier in the evening. "Oh noes, not these guys again."

    I think Swtor has an interesting PuG/Gear/Lockout system for moderate sized raiding scenes.
    You manually create a team, gear doesnt matter as you get upbolstered, everybody jumps on teamspeak for assignments (always needed) and mechanics (if you are new), you queue up as a full team for xtra marks, the lockout from the autoqueue expires the next day. This means no "hire and fire",. the PuG sticks together til the bitter end or glorious victory. And if you do that for some weeks you get the gear to enter Hard Mode (where you actually need gear, as you dont get upbolstered any longer).
    Last edited by Ongar; 12-04-2015 at 07:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts