+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree454Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The Atrocious State of Gearing in Rift

The point of the thread is that it takes too much playtime to acquire all of the possible gear upgrades.

But if you're good enough to clear T3 in T2 gear then what does it matter if it takes three months or six months or twelve months to upgrade every piece of your gear?

All it does is make the content easier. Gear is just a content nerf so that people with less skill but more gear can catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggysig View Post
    I can't play/raid on any of my alts because I can't afford to gear them.
    True af.

/10chars
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelight View Post
    No one needs better gear...just to make loot drops actually useable.
    Exactly, and by "usable" you mean "more of an upgrade" or "more powerful" so that the current content will be easier for you to clear. I think we're are in agreement about what you're asking for.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Belarios View Post
    Exactly, and by "usable" you mean "more of an upgrade" or "more powerful" so that the current content will be easier for you to clear. I think we're are in agreement about what you're asking for.
    No, you keep ignoring the point of this thread. It's about gear cost, not gear quality, better gear, more powerful gear, better upgrades or any of the things you keep mentioning.
    Androgena <GraySkull@Wolfsbane> R.I.P <Crayons>

You have no idea what this post is about. 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    You know that is exactly the same flawed logic that narrow minded idiots use to justify racism against all Muslims right?
    Wow this is next level, even for you.
    Trying to empower your bad points with something like that… pathetic.
    You would agree/disagree to anything/anyone just to be able to have forum QQs. You have contradicted yourself so many times over your so called "opinions" over the past months. I called you out on a few but of course like every kid behind his PC you just ignored them and kept on white knight(ing).

But yea you agree to people having to farm 50k plat in order to raid. While at the same time cry for easy modes so "new players can learn and have a fair chance to catch up!"
    When you are done with that, go and insult all top guilds for being "elitists" and not helping anyone. While as soon as people release guides, you go there to whine about it, because "oh no they are too soon" people will beat me now with the guides. (Shows how selfish you really are)
    Any many others "wilkoss things" that I simply shrugged off and can’t remember, because unlike you, we have a life outside of Rift Forums.

You have some serious attention issues.
    No wonder half your guild is ashamed of having you around.
    Last edited by BlackLab; 11-23-2015 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskdawn View Post
    No, you keep ignoring the point of this thread. It's about gear cost, not gear quality, better gear, more powerful gear, better upgrades or any of the things you keep mentioning.
    Cost to...upgrade to better stats. Or are you upgrading for wardrobe unlocks?

When you kill T3 bosses, they drop gear, and to get it to mark gear level, you need to upgrade them using costly stuff, instead of it dropping already at mark gear level like it has for the last 4 years.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

The current content is already cleared, so that's a moot point. The more you clear it the easier it gets by definition, regardless of the gear obtained along the way. The issue is that getting to this point is not only expensive, but instead of feeling like getting gear is rewarding, it feels more like a punishment with all the costs involved. This goes for every tier so far in NT, it's just that we've finally reached a noticeable breaking-point for everyone involved with t3 being the worst offender.

When a piece of gear drops it should already be better. There shouldn't need to be an exorbitant amount of costs involved to make a piece worth equipping. The costs should be there for the preferential-stat meta-game that already exists on the store bought gear, and even then that's extremely costly and should come down some. Not to mention all the other modifiers necessary to put on that gear like runes and orbs. You're just looking at the gear as a single entity, but there's a bigger picture you can't seem to grasp. Or maybe you just don't want to grasp it to simply be confrontational. Either way, the costs involved currently discourage people from participating in the content that takes the most time to produce and that Trion desperately wants the most people to participate in and you are voicing an opinion against that. I don't think that's the side you really want to be on.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 11-23-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    The current content is already cleared, so that's a moot point. The more you clear it the easier it gets by definition, regardless of the gear obtained along the way. The issue is that getting to this point is not only expensive, but instead of feeling like getting gear is rewarding, it feels more like a punishment with all the costs involved. This goes for every tier so far in NT, it's just that we've finally reached a noticeable breaking-point for everyone involved with t3 being the worst offender.
    Not to mention a point mentioned many times in that people actually don't want to take upgrades because of the cost of using them (we saw them in t2 with eyes, it will be worse in t3 with all the amender and ACM needed on regular drops), how anyone can look at that statement and think it's okay is beyond me.

I remember farming 3 of those relic capes back in SL - 2 for main and 1 for alt. That was pretty brutal but dam I remember being happy when I got them. I'm not sure I've had the same feeling from getting anything during NT.

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

Phs

Can I just open the rift store and spend 50k to get my gear instantly.

But srs. Gearing has become the lotto. Look at all this tax and issues.
    Last edited by Phs; 11-23-2015 at 02:44 PM.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #163
    Rift Team

First off, thanks to Hikos for putting this information together and presenting for us. Thanks to most of you for keeping the thread on track and civil as well since it becomes less likely to reach our attention if it goes too far off the rails.

Considering the outpour of support thus far, we'll be looking at ways to trim down the costs that the average raider and guild supports especially in T3. Some of these changes will trickle down to the previous tiers as well thus promoting more activity and growth.

Looking at the list, here are some spitball ideas that we can make that would cause minimal impact on the community as a whole:
    • Reduce/remove upgrade tiers required for runes and seal.
    • Remove/replace all planar themed motes with prismatic motes that would be given by all CRifts. Change recipes to accept said motes.
    • Increase drop rates of Imperishables and motes.
    • Reduce amender componenting. Basically, it shouldn't require nested components to make a single item thus not be a brain teaser as to what it requires. This should/will most likely have a reduction on the overall price of an amender as well.
    • Remove cooldown time on amenders and sub-components.
    • Reduce mats required for crit pots specifically. This should be a premium consumable but the price has probably been driven a tad bit too high.
    I'll give my standard disclaimer here that since this is me spitballing ideas that better ideas can arise to replace or these could be found to be ineffective towards the end goal. As such, nothing on that list is in stone.

But as always, we are glad to listen to feedback and suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    First off, thanks to Hikos for putting this information together and presenting for us. Thanks to most of you for keeping the thread on track and civil as well since it becomes less likely to reach our attention if it goes too far off the rails.

Considering the outpour of support thus far, we'll be looking at ways to trim down the costs that the average raider and guild supports especially in T3. Some of these changes will trickle down to the previous tiers as well thus promoting more activity and growth.

Looking at the list, here are some spitball ideas that we can make that would cause minimal impact on the community as a whole:
    • Reduce/remove upgrade tiers required for runes and seal.
    • Remove/replace all planar themed motes with prismatic motes that would be given by all CRifts. Change recipes to accept said motes.
    • Increase drop rates of Imperishables and motes.
    • Reduce amender componenting. Basically, it shouldn't require nested components to make a single item thus not be a brain teaser as to what it requires. This should/will most likely have a reduction on the overall price of an amender as well.
    • Remove cooldown time on amenders and sub-components.
    • Reduce mats required for crit pots specifically. This should be a premium consumable but the price has probably been driven a tad bit too high.
    I'll give my standard disclaimer here that since this is me spitballing ideas that better ideas can arise to replace or these could be found to be ineffective towards the end goal. As such, nothing on that list is in stone.

But as always, we are glad to listen to feedback and suggestions.
    Like a lot of the ideas Vladd.

One thing close to my heart is making orange gear worthwhile again.

It's never been a massive stat increase, more a status item, and right now the cost outweighs any raw benefit. I love to see a way epic -> relic was not such a cost too.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by InflatablePanda View Post
    This thread is about the progression of costs to play a specific aspect of the game (a very large one). Not about "please nerf T3 gear costs".

Think bigger.
    Hikos' original suggestion is exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    My suggestion.

Stop with any multi tiered loot system. Raid drops should be as good as store bought items.

The upgrade to relic should require a store bought item and the heart, nothing more. It should be a reward not a punishment.
    Forgive me for not sympathizing with the costs of raiding. You get what you pay for. You get the best of the best in the shortest amount of real time. Meanwhile, we lowly PvP plebs battle it out with RNGsus and Father Time for gear that isn't even BiS for our own specific aspect of the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast