+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Increase Tier-3 Marks per T3 raid boss

Quote Originally Posted by Ongar View Post
    Typical TF 1/3, MS 4/5, HK 5/9, IG 4/4 guilds however, will be in for a shock.
    Of course they are, since the kills you are mentionning are on IA difficulty level.
    If you dont see what is so very wrong with being TF1/3, MS 4/5 while at the same time being stuck at HK 5/9 then i really cannot help you.

again, i'll repeat myself: you do not need BiS gear to kill raid bosses. if that would be the case, everyone would be 0/10, 0/4, blah blah blah. check your ego to the side for a moment and open your eyes. BiS only makes things easier. same as every other aspect of the game.

and nice wow assumption there. i agree it's dumbed down now to the point it's idiotic, but raiding years earlier took a lot more skill and team work, and you couldn't just walk in and down bosses. i remember grinding rep gear, heroic dungeons, etc just to get to an entry level. it's at this point where i make my case yet again: bosses can be killed in lower gear although it's not ideal; everyone wants faster times, more dps/hps, etc to make future kills cake.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

Champion

Raiding is a privledge, not a right. t2 gear is enough for t3 content (as results show), the final four bosses may exceed t2 gear.

I always liked it when you had to get a few pieces off a previous boss to kill the next. They need to adjust the numbers some, making it impossible to kill these bosses without a few pieces. Then we would have true progression

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwix View Post
    Raiding is a privledge, not a right. t2 gear is enough for t3 content (as results show), the final four bosses may exceed t2 gear.

I always liked it when you had to get a few pieces off a previous boss to kill the next. They need to adjust the numbers some, making it impossible to kill these bosses without a few pieces. Then we would have true progression
    we would indeed love to have tight dps fights on top of the current mechanics bosses have but the fact to the matter is that Trion forced the devs to rush out the bosses much earlier than any decent balance could be struck for the enrages and what not.

If more time was given to testers and the devs in general you would see much better content but with Trion now rushing out the last 4 bosses in like 2 weeks you'll see yet another disappointment

I love Cori or Apoth being used as a comparison to stuff being easy and used as a judge to what is "required to kill a boss".

I don't believe the concentration of top players has ever been this strong among three guilds in this games history. It really isn't fair to use any of these guilds as a standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    Releasing them and releasing them when they are ready are 2 different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Judging them before release and when they are available are also two different things.
    I waited. Now that they are released when they weren't ready I can judge them, correct? Low and behold, like has been the case for every single 20man raid in NT thus far, the content wasn't ready quite yet and now we have to suffer through live testing. There's a reason I made my post I quoted. It was to prove to you that you release this content when it's unfinished instead of waiting a few extra weeks for it to be polished off and ready to ship. If it only happened once or twice in all these years I wouldn't have said a thing, but this is a regular occurrence at this point when it really shouldn't be. Why are you even recruiting guilds to raid test when you just turn around and release the content willy-nilly before it's even ready to go? Regardless, maybe this will open your eyes a bit more to the fact that you need to actually give your raid development team and testers the time they need to make this content something worthy of release to everybody instead of riddled with bugs and live testing.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 12-21-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Raiders want the ability to cap their weekly currency from just raiding. Because that is what they enjoy doing.

PvPr's want the ability to cap their weekly currency from just PvPn. Because that is what they enjoy doing.

Casual PvEr's want the ability to cap their weekly currency from just casual PvEn. Because that is what they enjoy doing.

If it's acceptable for one, then it should be acceptable for all.
    Last edited by Wackywoo; 12-20-2015 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    Raiders want the ability to cap their weekly currency from just raiding. Because that is what they enjoy doing.

PvPr's want the ability to cap their weekly currency from just PvPn. Because that is what they enjoy doing.

Casual PvEr's want the ability to cap their weekly currency from just casual PvEn. Because that is what they enjoy doing.

I'm sure communists would agree with you, but that is not how world works. Also clearly you didn't follow this thread, otherwise you would understand why it was even started in the first place.

This x10. There's a cap for a reason. It's not like everyone meeting the cap is a bad thing when everyone is limited to the same amount of progression each week.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Soulwalker

Fully agreed.

The current system however allows casuals to not only cap the respective "casual" marks (being t-1-t2-expert-subexpert) but they are also able to cap the raider marks without setting a foot inside raids. This is an outlier and has to be fixed.

The current system allows pvpers to earn favor which is used to upgrade the pvp gear and has a weekly cap of 600k favor per week unless you feel like utilizing your credit card to buy power.
    I really do feel that pvp players should earn more of the "casual" marks from only doing pvp which are required to use for upgrades (being t-1-t2-expert-subexpert)

Lastly we have the system for raiders with prevents them from capping marks by doing the content they like doing (unlike both casuals and to a major extent pvpers (for the very minor upgrade costs outside favor)

This makes raiders the only negatively affected outlier when they are forced to do so much of the content which isn't their focus just to cap the marks that SHOULD be given to them from the raids themselves.

TLDR, nerf t3 marks for casuals, buff casual marks for pvp players and buff t3 marks for raiders.
    Last edited by NotWilkoss; 12-20-2015 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NotWilkoss View Post
    Fully agreed.

The current system however allows casuals to not only cap the respective "casual" marks (being t-1-t2-expert-subexpert) but they are also able to cap the raider marks without setting a foot inside raids. This is an outlier and has to be fixed.

The current system allows pvpers to earn favor which is used to upgrade the pvp gear and has a weekly cap of 600k favor per week unless you feel like utilizing your credit card to buy power.
    I really do feel that pvp players should earn more of the "casual" marks from only doing pvp which are required to use for upgrades (being t-1-t2-expert-subexpert)

Lastly we have the system for raiders with prevents them from capping marks by doing the content they like doing (unlike both casuals and to a major extent pvpers (for the very minor upgrade costs outside favor)

This makes raiders the only negatively affected outlier when they are forced to do so much of the content which isn't their focus just to cap the marks that SHOULD be given to them from the raids themselves.

TLDR, nerf t3 marks for casuals, buff casual marks for pvp players and buff t3 marks for raiders.
    Is there a problem with earning marks towards T3 gear from casual activities?

If a casual gets their hands on high level gear it doesn't disrupt the flow of the game at all.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post

If a casual gets their hands on high level gear it doesn't disrupt the flow of the game at all.
    There is when there's no reason why you would ever need those items as a casual.

It breeds poor players running with above 1400 hit which is the reason why you see the constant "LFM 1400 hit+" spammers.

If you take away the carrot on a stick for raiders and give it to everyone for free it should be no surprise why the playerbase has started to rot from within and why low end raiding guilds are having issues with finding new players.

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post

Until you get him in a pug raid, and you realise that besides his gear, he is basically walking garbage. And then you don't kill bosses.

If you pug you can't expect anyone to be good, the average player is not performing on an average skill level after all
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Once upon a time, marks were almost exclusively acquired from raiding, and when you pugged for T3, you knew the players had gone through T2.

Just saying.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast