+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 150
Like Tree102Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Increase Tier-3 Marks per T3 raid boss

  1. #91
    Rift Master YobiRaion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    636

    Default

    6 pages of explaining why raid bosses should drop more marks
    6 pages of people generally agreeing except a couple who try to make this into another raider VS non-raider argument (while we actually don't mind how fast non-raiders get marks, they can get geared as fast as they want, really.. we just care about how many marks raiding gives)

    ..but still trion doesn't want to admit this was not given proper though and change it. (honestly, no-one would blame rift if they just said "yeah you got a point". it's actually more annoying when they only care about being right)

    i rest my case..
    Architect of <Apotheosys> :: Progress & Achievements
    Raid & Guild Leader of (former):

    <Exploit> : Ultane World 1st, Regulos World 2nd // <Rift Runners> Crucia World 3rd, Perfect Crucia World 1st, HK Conq W#3, Laethys/Maelforge W#7 // Member of <PTW> Akylios W#5th

  2. #92
    Ascendant Linolea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Perth, WA, Oz
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Something in the 2/3rds to 3/4rs from full clear seems about right. Bear in mind ... what happens if a 10-man is introduced? Would MoM marks be reduced to maintain the max raidable marks cap or would it lead to full marks from clearing both?

    It's a tricky balance for Trion. But clearly the non-raid vs raid T3 mark distribution is currently out of whack.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

  3. #93
    Rift Master YobiRaion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    Something in the 2/3rds to 3/4rs from full clear seems about right. Bear in mind ... what happens if a 10-man is introduced? Would MoM marks be reduced to maintain the max raidable marks cap or would it lead to full marks from clearing both?

    It's a tricky balance for Trion. But clearly the non-raid vs raid T3 mark distribution is currently out of whack.
    Let me fix this for you..
    "What happens IF a 10man is released half a year from now when all progression is long done and gear progression is irrelevant?"

    As I explained in an earlier post.
    Gear progression needs to be relevant to raid progression and raid difficulty.. otherwise there's no point gearing up or even trying to keep a decent pace of progression.
    Architect of <Apotheosys> :: Progress & Achievements
    Raid & Guild Leader of (former):

    <Exploit> : Ultane World 1st, Regulos World 2nd // <Rift Runners> Crucia World 3rd, Perfect Crucia World 1st, HK Conq W#3, Laethys/Maelforge W#7 // Member of <PTW> Akylios W#5th

  4. #94
    Shield of Telara Wilkoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YobiRaion View Post
    (while we actually don't mind how fast non-raiders get marks, they can get geared as fast as they want, really.. we just care about how many marks raiding gives)
    So why not promote a system whereby you can hit currency cap by just doing non-raid activities, OR by just doing raid activities.

    Maybe 10% for completing MS and TT, 20% for HK and iGP and 70% for MoM.

    I imagine that would still be a much shorter route to cap then the non-raiding route.

    Would raiders accept non-raiders having access to as much T3 currency as them?


    We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

    CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

  5. #95
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post

    Would raiders accept non-raiders having access to as much T3 currency as them?
    I think this is what most people have been saying the entire time...

    Don't care how much non-raiders get, make current raids get us near the cap

  6. #96
    Rift Disciple Orgone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    178

    Default In the end...

    raiders still have the loot drops which non raiders wont have at all....so sooner or later they cant catch up anymore anyway

    Its still raiders>non raiders regardless of marks per boss

  7. #97
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelight View Post
    I think this is what most people have been saying the entire time...

    Don't care how much non-raiders get, make current raids get us near the cap
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Bosses do not drop equal numbers of marks in The Mind of Madness. Currently about half the marks in the raid are obtainable.
    So apparently the raid will get you near cap. IIRC the remaining bosses will be released sometime in December a month that starts in about 10 days.

    You'll have to pardon us peasants from getting a bit testy about being told what we should not be able earn through activities outside of raiding. By those more blessed than us we're called baddies, asked to stream so that we can be ridiculed and pm'd to uninstall the game or much, much worse. After years of such treatment we do tend to see the worse side of top end raiders.

  8. #98
    Ascendant radiomaryja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uviktig View Post
    So apparently the raid will get you near cap. IIRC the remaining bosses will be released sometime in December a month that starts in about 10 days.

    You'll have to pardon us peasants from getting a bit testy about being told what we should not be able earn through activities outside of raiding. By those more blessed than us we're called baddies, asked to stream so that we can be ridiculed and pm'd to uninstall the game or much, much worse. After years of such treatment we do tend to see the worse side of top end raiders.

    I will believe it when I see it. Problem is at this point, and we don't know for how long because release of new bosses doesn't have a date and "somewhere in december" is as legit as Soon (c) Valve, raiders have no chance to get anywhere nearby cap by raiding which is the whole point of this. Why people don't undestand such simple concept.

  9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #99
    Rift Team Ocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    I will believe it when I see it. Problem is at this point, and we don't know for how long because release of new bosses doesn't have a date and "somewhere in december" is as legit as Soon (c) Valve, raiders have no chance to get anywhere nearby cap by raiding which is the whole point of this. Why people don't undestand such simple concept.
    December ends in 41 days. Assuming we aren't going to release during Christmas week because that would be dumb, and that we follow our normal schedule, the last possible date of probable release would be the 16th. So in between 11 and 27 days from now the remaining bosses should be available. That's pretty soon, no TM needed.
    Last edited by Ocho; 11-20-2015 at 10:45 AM.

  10. #100
    Ascendant Sedvick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    December ends in 41 days. Assuming we aren't going to release during Christmas week because that would be dumb, and that we follow our normal schedule, the last possible date of probable release would be the 16th. So in between 11 and 27 days from now the remaining bosses should be available. That's pretty soon, no TM needed.
    Releasing them and releasing them when they are ready are 2 different things. I just hope the testing pays off.
    Last edited by Ocho; 11-20-2015 at 10:45 AM.

  11. #101
    Rift Team Ocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    Releasing them and releasing them when they are ready are 2 different things. I just hope the testing pays off.
    Judging them before release and when they are available are also two different things.

  12. #102
    Champion of Telara Ongar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    So why not promote a system whereby you can hit currency cap by just doing non-raid activities, OR by just doing raid activities.

    Maybe 10% for completing MS and TT, 20% for HK and iGP and 70% for MoM.

    I imagine that would still be a much shorter route to cap then the non-raiding route.

    Would raiders accept non-raiders having access to as much T3 currency as them?
    There are two long term issues with the 100 % marks through raiding / non raiding.

    - Raiders complaining that they "have nothing to do outside of raiding". This is the main point of criticism for another well known MMO that lost half of its subbers with the current xpac.

    - Non raiders taking the path of least resistance and thus not raiding. Means they have great gear, but no epic activity to fully utilize it. Once they have realised this, they might lose interest in the neverending farming treadmill.

    My suggested system for 4.0 forward would look like this:

    - Non raiding activites give you 50 % of the cap
    - Raid mode "casual" gives you up to 50 % of the cap.
    - Raid mode "progress" gives you 75 % of the cap

    This way everyone has an incentive to participate in epic raiding activities. So the epic activity is the goal or at least part of the process. Also if you put more effort into raiding, you have to put less effort into non raiding activities.

  13. #103
    Plane Walker Learan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Judging them before release and when they are available are also two different things.
    I see what you did there

  14. #104
    Shield of Telara somestuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Judging them before release and when they are available are also two different things.
    be careful here Ocho.....you saying this has given everyone on this thread something to point back to and judge the "when they are available" after the release. you are basically setting yourself up and these bosses better be perfect.

  15. #105
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somestuff View Post
    be careful here Ocho.....you saying this has given everyone on this thread something to point back to and judge the "when they are available" after the release. you are basically setting yourself up and these bosses better be perfect.
    How is he setting himself up? He's said nothing about how the bosses are going to be but rather not to judge them before they've been released.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts