+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: So why not allow queued Raiding?

Rift Disciple

Default So why not allow queued Raiding?

So I've been gone for a few years, and over the last week and a half I've been getting refamiliar with the game. Personally, I have some issues with the PvP system, the insane requirements for progression, and the constant lag issue (even when your getting over 60fps). But as I was queuing up for some randoms it suddenly crossed my mind, why don't they allow the old raids to be queued? Now I'm not talking about that watered down version of a raid. I'm talking cross server, mentored down, full scale raid! If for some reason this has been suggested before, please excuse my post. As I have mentioned, I just recently came back. I will say though that DCUO runs instant pug raids, and they're pretty good.

Here are some Pros!
    Allows old content to be played.
    Offers another option to acquire marks.
    Teaches new players about raid mechanics.
    Lets players get achievements they might have missed out on.
    Promotes active players to continue to play.

Like I said, just a thought, but maybe one looking into.

If there is no loot reward involved - good luck getting people to do it
    Last edited by radiomaryja; 10-19-2015 at 01:50 AM.

Phs

Would just to be able to solo enter ID.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    Would just to be able to solo enter ID.
    They can cap the players, like they already do in the random queues. This would make soloing it next to impossible. Plus it would give players an alternative to available content.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    If there is no loot reward involved - good luck getting people to do it
    The reward would be the same as any other queue...Marks!

Phs

Quote Originally Posted by Mistick View Post
    They can cap the players, like they already do in the random queues. This would make soloing it next to impossible. Plus it would give players an alternative to available content.
    That is the complete opposite to what I asked.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    That is the complete opposite to what I asked.
    I'm sorry, I took your quote as a statement, not a question. To answer, if you solo enter, you wouldn't get marks. If you queue though, you get marks. That would be the benefit of queuing.

... Now I'm not talking about that watered down version of a raid. I'm talking cross server, mentored down, full scale raid! If for some reason this has been suggested before, please excuse my post. As I have mentioned, I just recently came back. I will say though that DCUO runs instant pug raids, and they're pretty good. ...
    The thing is this: If something is on an autoqueue, people expect it to work.
    In Swtor for example that has a LFR tool, people build the groups manually and then queue up, as full fledged LFG Groups would most likely fail.

Rift has some raids like PBB or ID that a typical group recruited by tradechat eventually cannot beat a xpac later. Scaling player's power down wouldnt make things better.
    Some of the 10 men raids on the other hand are basically extended dungeons and could work on an autoqueue, for example TDQ or (I)DH.
    Last edited by Ongar; 10-19-2015 at 10:10 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ongar View Post
    The thing is this: If something is on an autoqueue, people expect it to work.
    In Swtor for example that has a LFR tool, people build the groups manually and then queue up, as full fledged LFG Groups would most likely fail.

Rift has some raids like PBB or ID that a typical group recruited by tradechat eventually cannot beat a xpac later. Scaling player's power down wouldnt make things better.
    Some of the 10 men raids on the other hand are basically extended dungeons and could work on an autoqueue, for example TDQ or (I)DH.
    I see your concern, but I can honestly say that I disagree. Rift already has a water down version of dh in instant adventure, and most of the time, it's not so bad. Yeah you always have to carry one or two noobs, but making the old content readily available promotes raiding. And in the end, the game's progression is bassed on this system.

I see your concern, but I can honestly say that I disagree. Rift already has a water down version of dh in instant adventure, and most of the time, it's not so bad. Yeah you always have to carry one or two noobs, but making the old content readily available promotes raiding. And in the end, the game's progression is bassed on this system.

If there were queues for old raids (ID etc) people would treat them like IAs. There would be no order or anything and they would just zerg the boss then ragequit when mechanics happen.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

We'll agree to disagree. The community of RIFT is far too apathetic at this point for it to function at any level above story mode.

The second any content requires any sort of tailored group composition (AKA people might have to play a spec or role that they are either unwilling or unable to) is when the amount of people interested in/capable of completing it drops below the 1% mark. Toss in requirements for communication, awareness, or performance and you're under ~2000 players (if Top of Rift is any indication with 58 recorded Murdantix kills and a wide berth leaving room for roster turnover and guilds that do not report to the site). Require all 3 and you end up with Akylios where ~200 people have killed it worldwide 6 months past release as T3 is coming out.

Try to form a PBB pug. Recruit the caliber of player that might be interested in an LFR system, not 1400 hit raiders or even players that were around for original SL T2 progression. Despite being level 65 and outgearing the living hell out of the requirements it won't go well. I guarantee it.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

It's safe to assume anyone who thinks queued raiding would work has never done any kind of group content that requires any level of coordination or spacial awareness.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Well I got from your first posting that you are against "watered down" versions, now it seems you are open for tweaks.

A lot of raiding guilds were stuck at raids like PBB with a 1/5 or IG with a 1/3 "progression" during the SL xpac. Such raids would need adjustments.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ongar View Post
    Well I got from your first posting that you are against "watered down" versions, now it seems you are open for tweaks.

A lot of raiding guilds were stuck at raids like PBB with a 1/5 or IG with a 1/3 "progression" during the SL xpac. Such raids would need adjustments.
    Maybe? I can honestly say from first hand experience, that some games are promoting queued raids, and they're doing pretty good at keeping their player base. I just see an opportunity for Rift to capitalize on some old unused content.

I can honestly say from first hand experience, that some games are promoting queued raids, and they're doing pretty good at keeping their player base.
    I agree.

The difference is however that those games build their raids with that system in mind.
    The raid mechanics have a clear visual language, so people know when they wiped, why they wiped (even without addons). Also they usually dont require certain classes/specs.

If Rift is ever going to adopt a modern raiding system, they have to build their new raids for that from the ground up and rework the older ones.
    Last edited by Ongar; 10-19-2015 at 11:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast