+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: So why not allow queued Raiding?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ReveBeck View Post
    You obviously didnt do old raids, or raids at all when it was relevant. You wouldnt otherwise blabber some stubid stuff.
    Stubid? Think you mean stupid! Take a look at my join date and then yours, Mr. Feb 2011! And as for my raid experience, I have raided in Rift up till Storm Legion. Wasn't hard either! My main rolled with guild, and my alts always pugged. Back then there were alot of successful pug runs. Heck, general chat had spam for raids back then, or don't you remember that?
    Last edited by Mistick; 10-23-2015 at 05:49 AM.

Yeah, and I don't remember pugs going HK more than 2 or 3/11, and I remember GSB pugs failing a lot on greenscale until mid T3, and Alsbeth was a big problem as well. Plutonus was probably rarely killed in pugs outside from exploit strat.

Same thing in SL, it took ages for pugs to start killing Crucia, and when they got to Regulos (quite rare already), they never killed it.

MS is honestly easier than original FT. Twins and Crucia got nerfed pretty hard though.

Edit : People were just more patient and involved back then.
    Last edited by fufi; 10-23-2015 at 06:18 AM.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    Yeah, and I don't remember pugs going HK more than 2 or 3/11, and I remember GSB pugs failing a lot on greenscale until mid T3, and Alsbeth was a big problem as well. Plutonus was probably rarely killed in pugs outside from exploit strat.

Same thing in SL, it took ages for pugs to start killing Crucia, and when they got to Regulos (quite rare already), they never killed it.

MS is honestly easier than original FT. Twins and Crucia got nerfed pretty hard though.

LFR is a grouping tool, not a difficulty. Unless the devs go for a "tourist mode" / "I win button" approach, its totally acceptable if not every group can kill everything.
    While Rift's Raid IA's and WoWs LFR are indeed tourist modes, FF 14's and Swtor's version of the tool seem to be closer to normal mode.

If Rift:s LFR difficulty would mirror would could be called normal mode, it would be ok if 75 % kill 1/5, 50 % 2/5 to 4/5 and 25 % 5/5.
    And back in Rift classic in early 2012 when I pugged GSB I would say 100 % on my server could do 4/5 and 50 % 5/5.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post

Then your sever sucked, my friend! I still have the legendary weapons on my alts to prove it (which you could only get from the final boss of each raid)! The fact is, these raids aren't being utilized, so I don't see a problem with putting in a LFR and allowing players the "option" to try and play the content. It just goes to show that some trolls will always be against trying to encourage players to enjoy the entire aspect of the game.
    Last edited by Mistick; 10-23-2015 at 07:34 AM.

Shield of Telara

Crossevents / guild / friends lists / level 65 chat is your grouping tool. What's wrong with those? They work. If raids don't get nerfed and this is just a grouping tool you will NOT see 50% get to 4/5. Lol! You will see maybe 50% get to 1/5 if you're lucky.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    Crossevents / guild / friends lists / level 65 chat is your grouping tool. What's wrong with those? They work. If raids don't get nerfed and this is just a grouping tool you will NOT see 50% get to 4/5. Lol! You will see maybe 50% get to 1/5 if you're lucky.
    Lfm RoF 4/4 1350+ hit.

Ya, that works.

Its strange you can solo que for anything pvp but cant for pve.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwix View Post
    Lfm RoF 4/4 1350+ hit.

Ya, that works.

Those are speed runs. Do you really think people who want to get it done quickly will use an LFR system where they risk wasting hours without completing the dungeon? LFR will attract people who otherwise can't get into raids due to lack of gear / skill / buddies / knowledge /gaf. I see plenty of "LFM ROF progression 1k hit" runs recruiting regularly in crossevents.

edit: it will also attract a small group of folks who due to RL constraints are not able to follow a regular schedule, and I feel for those....
    Last edited by Leocadia; 10-23-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwix View Post
    Lfm RoF 4/4 1350+ hit.

Ya, that works.

like you see those lfm everyday...outside some trolling lfm 1400 hit vast majority ask for 1k to 1.2k hit, ive joined a couple and they fail miserably ending up bringing a couple of guildies to carry the group or disband, imagine that in lfr....wipefest all over the place.
    Last edited by N3okorrales; 10-23-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistick View Post
    Stubid? Think you mean stupid! Take a look at my join date and then yours, Mr. Feb 2011! And as for my raid experience, I have raided in Rift up till Storm Legion. Wasn't hard either! My main rolled with guild, and my alts always pugged. Back then there were alot of successful pug runs. Heck, general chat had spam for raids back then, or don't you remember that?
    PUG raiding was a different animal in Vanilla, mostly due to the significantly higher gear scaling back then. The power increase from Expert-T1-T2 was like 300% larger than it is now. This meant that with normal character progression encounter specific nerfs were less necessary (though they still received them). Not to mention the addition of Planar Attunement, raid quality crafted gear w/set bonuses, multiple new levels of consumables, calling buffs, and the global gear over haul that increased character strength significantly over the thresholds around which T1 raiding content was originally tuned.

As mentioned gear progression is tiny in NMT compared to previous versions of Rift, we have only received a tiny addition to Planar Attunement, no new whetstones/powerstones, we just finally got our first new tier of runes/potions (which are very minor upgrades and ludicrously expensive), and most of each callings top dps specs (Pyro, Shaman, Inquisitor, Assassin, NBSIN, Paragon) have received little to no attention since NMT released. Over the last 12 months the game state has changed very little.

Pugging after 1.4 (Aug. 2011) was much easier, and by 1.7 (Feb. 2012) the content was a complete joke.

If the vanilla raids were retuned so that their mechanics would be in any way relevant today, pugging them would go horribly.

Imagine todays pugs being forced to find 2 randomly spawned wisps, track them to positiion their character so as not to be looking at either when they detonate, follow a moving stack point, all while maintaining the required dps to meet a burst dps check so as not to wipe to one of the 3 Concussion Bombs that drop during the Johlen encounter. Compare that to Jinoscoth and Yrlwalach, the essentially stand still dummy fights that are currently still giving PUGs problems.
    Last edited by Stihl; 10-23-2015 at 02:42 PM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Rift Disciple

Those are speed runs. Do you really think people who want to get it done quickly will use an LFR system where they risk wasting hours without completing the dungeon? LFR will attract people who otherwise can't get into raids due to lack of gear / skill / buddies / knowledge /gaf. I see plenty of "LFM ROF progression 1k hit" runs recruiting regularly in crossevents.

edit: it will also attract a small group of folks who due to RL constraints are not able to follow a regular schedule, and I feel for those....
    Last time I checked, experts have stat requirements in order to queue. Do you honestly think an LFR wouldnt?

Shield of Telara

Last time I checked, experts have stat requirements in order to queue. Do you honestly think an LFR wouldnt?
    Last time I checked I was replying to the person saying that some of the pug requirements are way above what the game would require.

Rift Disciple

Last time I checked I was replying to the person saying that some of the pug requirements are way above what the game would require.
    You said that an LFR would attract players who are otherwise under geared. I was just pointing out the obvious.

Rift Disciple

I can honestly say, I think hardcore raiders would probably get all bent out of shape, heaven forbid, if Trion implemented an LFR! I mean OMG, they can't have new players groveling at their feet anymore, begging to get a spot in their guild!

RIFT Guide Writer

if Trion implemented an LFR!
    They already did. It's called HK IA.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    They already did. It's called HK IA.
    I'm aware, but I would like to see the other old content implemented that has a raid feel. The IA just seems like a hit and run. Grab your required quests, and jump ship. If they would allow players to earn raid achievements and such, I think there would be more incentive than just doing the bare minimum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast