+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree16Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 20 Man Raid Testing Guilds Wanted!

Raiding is softcore compared to the environment that is PvP.

Lemme wrestle these bosses Ocho, show these PvE lightweights how to get it done. I'll drag along a CQPM with me and raid the foul halls of your MoM.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 10-20-2015 at 07:02 PM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    Raiding is softcore compared to the environment that is PvP.

Lemme wrestle these bosses Ocho, show these PvE lightweights how to get it done. I'll drag along a CQPM with me and raids those foul halls of your MoM.
    LOL

Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Eione View Post
    Raids are content that is not supposed to be consumed immediately by everyone.
    That's a very legit stance to take on the issue. If that is the case, why should Trion invest resources into a activity that very few consume?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by somestuff View Post
    That's a very legit stance to take on the issue. If that is the case, why should Trion invest resources into a activity that very few consume?

Because people do different raids at different times? Just because you're not able to enter and complete a certain new raid that is being released RIGHT NOW doesn't mean that the raid won't ever be content that you'll "consume"

Anyone that has puts in the time, effort and has the skill/experience will eventually reach and complete t3 but they'll first have to do the logical steps which is to start from scratch.

Fresh 65 - Normal dungeons/crafted gear - Experts/crafted gear - T1/p2w - T2/p2w (when T3 is released)

This is the model that Rift has and will continue to have because it would be terribly stupid to essentially "delete" older content by making it irrelevant to the current raid content.

Oh and Trion made the great choice of making Instant adventure areas of the raid zones/bosses which only stands to strengthen the current raid model.
    Last edited by Morgaith; 10-21-2015 at 08:49 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Why should Trion invest in PVP that has an even smaller consumer base?
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Because people do different raids at different times? Just because you're not able to enter and complete a certain new raid that is being released RIGHT NOW doesn't mean that the raid won't ever be content that you'll "consume"

Anyone that has puts in the time, effort and has the skill/experience will eventually reach and complete t3 but they'll first have to do the logical steps which is to start from scratch.

Fresh 65 - Normal dungeons/crafted gear - Experts/crafted gear - T1/p2w - T2/p2w (when T3 is released)

This is the model that Rift has and will continue to have because it would be terribly stupid to essentially "delete" older content by making it irrelevant to the current raid content.

Oh and Trion made the great choice of making Instant adventure areas of the raid zones/bosses which only stands to strengthen the current raid model.
    I feel a large % of Rifts population base never set foot in a raid. I think a lot of expert dungeons are done, IA's, and chronicles.

Because they decided to at the board meeting

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Why should Trion invest in PVP that has an even smaller consumer base?
    Under that logic they should scrap raiding, dungeons and PvP activities and just do world stuff since more people play that than any kind of content.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    Under that logic they should scrap raiding, dungeons and PvP activities and just do world stuff since more people play that than any kind of content.
    Obvious sarcasm apparently wasn't obvious enough.

Shadowlander

I feel a large % of Rifts population base never set foot in a raid. I think a lot of expert dungeons are done, IA's, and chronicles.
    Stuff that raiders find verrrrry exciting man. I wonder why Trion hasnt released a promovid of how cool it is to see people turning in candles at questgivers or how ppl catch wisps and rabbits with their nets.

FYI, a dungeon IS a miniraid, so if you see someone going for experts thus have the requirements as HIT/proper gear, then they MOST LIKELY have a certain interest in raiding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4