+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Loot Changes - 3.4 - Tier 1 and Tier 2 Raiding

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Upcoming Loot Changes - 3.4 - Tier 1 and Tier 2 Raiding

With Telara about to be overrun with a bunch of new Primalist characters and with Tier 3 right around the corner, we've made some changes in the loot tables for T1 and T2 of raiding.

1. Chances of Tank loot has been lowered. For T3, we have a different solution in mind but for T1 and T2, we've reduced their chances of dropping.
    2. All bosses from T1 and T2 raids (both 10 man and 20 man) will drop an extra piece of loot. For the most part what this means is that there will be 3 rolls on 2 different tables with no duplicated items dropped. There will be instances where if a boss normally drops gloves and necklaces that you'll get three necklaces. However, for instances where the boss drops weapons, the weapon tables either receive a higher weighting or you are guaranteed two or more weapon drops.

Examples:

Sicaron has weapon tables that are higher weighted and it is possible to drop 3 with no repeats. However, because RNG is a cruel mistress at times, you can have 0 weapons drop.

Threngar will always drop 3 weapons with no repeated drops.

Akylios will always drop 2 weapons and a cape. The weapons could be the same.
    3. Armor type chance to drop per calling is 20%. Basically, Plate, Chain, and Cloth all carry a weighting of 1 while Leather carries a weighting of 2.
    4. Matron Zamira and Sicaron now have chances to drop a new Rogue 1h weapon.
    5. T1 and T2 have had Primalist 2h weapons added for both Tanks and DPS. The DPS versions can be sidegraded to healing options.
    6. Hard Mode loot chests do NOT drop extra loot. The extra loot drops only come from normal loot.
    7. Jewelry/Accessory drops have been adjusted as well to account for Primalist.
    Last edited by Vladd; 10-04-2015 at 02:36 PM.

Loots for everyone!
    Nice additions; be sure to help new and returning players gear up faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Loots for everyone!
    Nice additions; be sure to help new and returning players gear up faster.
    I think the rep is more of an issue than gear for returning players tbh (ghar mainly) - but yeah this is good start for returning players/casual guilds I guess

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

Quote Originally Posted by Liadva View Post
    I think the rep is more of an issue than gear for returning players tbh (ghar mainly) - but yeah this is good start for returning players/casual guilds I guess
    Sounds like we need more raid rifts for new lessers. Since Ghar rep will only be relevant for vendor lessers with PTW.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    4. Matron Zamira and Sicaron now have chances to drop a new Rogue 1h weapon.

This is a much welcomed change

Just out of curiosity though, are the weightings the same as all of the other drops on the table or is "have chances to drop" supposed to imply a rare occurrence?
    Last edited by Artewig; 10-03-2015 at 07:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Shadowlander

sorry for salt, post retracted.
    Last edited by Orgibatei; 10-03-2015 at 08:55 PM.

Those sound like good changes to help new/casual players to gear up a bit faster. I hope this means you won't nerf the bosses too hard with 3.4

Xly
    Rift Chaser

Are you also going to increase / let go the cap for T1 / T2 fragments to be earned per week? T1 is reeeeally low and slows down the process of getting new players / characters T2-ready.

I'm amazed this didn't happen sooner.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Shadowlander

Ty u trion for listening lol. Rngesus has been wrecking the raiding, especially with drops.Hopefully the new changes work in everyone's favor.

Rift Disciple

[*]Matron Zamira and Sicaron now have chances to drop a new Rogue 1h weapon.[/LIST]

^.^

nice to see the other changes too!

Don't care about tank armor. Just want my tank mace Q_Q

Will HM IGP have double relic drops aswell? or just double drops from the normal mode chest?
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Don't care about tank armor. Just want my tank mace Q_Q

Will HM IGP have double relic drops aswell? or just double drops from the normal mode chest?
    Updating original post with answer.

With Telara about to be overrun with a bunch of new Primalist characters and with Tier 3 right around the corner, we've made some changes in the loot tables for T1 and T2 of raiding.

[LIST=1]
    [*]Chances of Tank loot has been lowered. For T3, we have a different solution in mind but for T1 and T2, we've reduced their chances of dropping.
    Thank god. If it wasn't for the pieces I bought with raid tokens, I'd have a much better set of Tank gear than DPS/Heal gear.

I hope your T3 solution is being able to sidegrade DPS gear into Tank gear with Crusader Accelerators (and only Accelerators, no Amenders or Heart/Eye equiv). The less wasted loot, the better.

[*]Matron Zamira and Sicaron now have chances to drop a new Rogue 1h weapon.[/LIST]
    FINALLY. Estrode=Stingy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast