+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Loot Changes - 3.4 - Tier 1 and Tier 2 Raiding

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #31
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Wali View Post
    While this is an ok change, it falls under the heading of "too little, too late".

This change is of no help to guilds still working on T1 & T2 progression. As Trion is unwilling to change the difficulty of T1 & T2 progression, the number of guilds ready for T3 progression is extremely small. T3 will be the least played raid content ever released in Rift. It would be better if Trion saved the MoM raid as the T1 of Rift 4.0, when more people could experience it.
    Who says we aren't changing the difficulty of the current T1 and T2 content? Check the patch notes when they get published. =)

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Who says we aren't changing the difficulty of the current T1 and T2 content? Check the patch notes when they get published. =)
    Tbh theres not that much left to nerf in tier 1 unless you make them IA bosses.

Plane Touched

Well, that would be good news, thank you.

Though to be honest, the previous changes weren't much to write home about, so I'll wait and see what comes Wed. If the changes look good, I'll pop back in with another Thank You.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by somestuff View Post
    AKA. I am better then you at this game and will phrase every forum post so you know that.
    You dont even play this game and yet here you are posting baits all the time but anyway what i said was a fact theres nothing left to nerf in tier 1.

nerf finric waves!

Just one question. I know Primalist can use a dex 2h so it won't be all the same as rogue weapons, but will they still use a dex high bow? If this is the case, won't you need to buff the drop rate on dex ranged weapons like you did with leather armor to make it more fair? For example, people still gearing up in t1 content, if the dex bow has the same drop rate, but twice as many people need it, it will make it harder for Rogues and Primalists to get t2 ready.
    7/11 HK 4/4 iGP | 0/9 MoM
    Pizzacatt@Laethys | Pitacat@Laethys | Pururun@Laethys

They will probably increase the Dex-Bow droprate as well.

To be honest 40% leather drops from now on seems pretty high because, at least in my opinion, we wont see as many primalists in any raid as other established classes (warriors, mages, rogues, clerics).

First of all Primalist is a premium soul that has to be bought with credits / dollars and you need a couple people who actually want to reroll and switch to primalist.

I think that all will lead to an excess of leather drops and primalist weapons pretty quickly, though i am looking forward to some kind of new loot / token system with T3.
    Apotheosys/Typhiria
    Genjuro@Typhiria Warrior HM Crucia, HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4, MoM 5/9 World 1st
    Miralda@Brutwacht Rogue HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4 World 4th

Quote Originally Posted by GenjuroK View Post
    To be honest 40% leather drops from now on seems pretty high because, at least in my opinion, we wont see as many primalists in any raid as other established classes (warriors, mages, rogues, clerics).

First of all Primalist is a premium soul that has to be bought with credits / dollars and you need a couple people who actually want to reroll and switch to primalist.

I think that all will lead to an excess of leather drops and primalist weapons pretty quickly, though i am looking forward to some kind of new loot / token system with T3.
    I feel the same. It's not like we now have 25 player raids and are adding 5 Primalists on top of the 5 Rogues we take. When I saw how they were handling the item weights, my first thought was that Leather should be weighted 1.5 and not 2.
    Last edited by KelbornOrdo; 10-05-2015 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    Tbh theres not that much left to nerf in tier 1 unless you make them IA bosses.
    if that happens ill start PvEing around.

I like it. Sad to say there are guilds out there still stuck in T1. I've been in pugs/progs where dps checks just ruin the run. At the very least dumbing down T1 again will help more people get into T2 and beyond as well as help top tier guilds blow through the content to gear up a new member.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by The Raki View Post
    I like it. Sad to say there are guilds out there still stuck in T1. I've been in pugs/progs where dps checks just ruin the run.
    I don't understand. A Pyro with all spells macro'd into one button makes the DPS checks for T1s now.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Plane Touched

[QUOTE=The Raki;5126965I've been in pugs/progs where dps checks just ruin the run.[/QUOTE]

How do "dps checks" ruin runs? Would it not be the people not meeting said "dps checks" that are ruining the runs?

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    I don't understand. A Pyro with all spells macro'd into one button makes the DPS checks for T1s now.
    With T2 gear, definitely. In dungeon blues and purples, combined with stress and a lack of experience?
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 10-06-2015 at 05:04 PM.

How do "dps checks" ruin runs? Would it not be the people not meeting said "dps checks" that are ruining the runs?
    Yes you are correct.

Dunno. I have never played a pyro. I've seen them hit 100k and I've seen them hit 45k. Just never know.

BTW I didn't necessarily mean enrage timers. But things like the crystal on Jino or the end of Pumkin and Johan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast