+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: When will 20-man raids get Tiered Difficulty?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDagger View Post
    The world would be a better place if all people treated video games like pickup basketball....
    I don't know, but if all people with guns were spending their days petting cats in their laps it may be.

If a bunch of people are playing basketball, it isnt ok for one of them to not dribble. Then, when confronted about it say, "I play basketball my way. You can't tell me how to have fun, you elitist prick."
    Don't make the person defensive by being rude and extra-harsh and it should not happen, unless he/she is an insecure wreck; but then their problems are far beyond being bad at video-games.

On the flip, it isnt exactly fair for a college starting center, to walk into a high school pickup game, and start yelling at everyone for being terrible.
    For fair ask Trion to remove raid tokens from nte and replace crusaders accels by raid tokens accels in raid gear upgrade, you will have it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Koodbool View Post
    No it's the other way around, I wrote that these some are a problem for raiders as a whole because they give them a bad reputation.

Do not laugh, once someone after a random nte really asked "are all people with raid stuff arrogant ?", and he was serious, he was really asking if all people go full raidtard when they think that ingame raid achievements and stuff is enough to justify their misconduct.
    And he's not the first one I saw asking that, either on Rift or in other games.

Make what you want of it, it's up to you to decide if you want to concern yourselves with that.
    Just like the example Fufi gave the opposite of your argument proves how silly your argument is. That is like someone seeing a casual in a dungeon and see them pull 10k dps and you use that to say "wow all casuals must be terrible" thus having that one person give all casuals a bad reputation. That isn't how it works unless the person having that opinion is just dense and doesn't realize all people are different. It isn't everyone else's responsibility to prove that wrong.

Rift Disciple

If it happens too often.....
    You know, a reputation is quickly earned, and after that it can be hell to shake it off.

But as I said it's up to you to decide if you want to concern yourselves with that.

Well, it also happens often that someone pulls terrible dps in NTEs :P
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

The world would be a better place if all people treated video games like pickup basketball....

If a bunch of people are playing basketball, it isnt ok for one of them to not dribble. Then, when confronted about it say, "I play basketball my way. You can't tell me how to have fun, you elitist prick."

On the flip, it isnt exactly fair for a college starting center, to walk into a high school pickup game, and start yelling at everyone for being terrible.
    Damn I love me some sports analogies. Especially when it's basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Just like the example Fufi gave the opposite of your argument proves how silly your argument is. That is like someone seeing a casual in a dungeon and see them pull 10k dps and you use that to say "wow all casuals must be terrible" thus having that one person give all casuals a bad reputation. That isn't how it works unless the person having that opinion is just dense and doesn't realize all people are different. It isn't everyone else's responsibility to prove that wrong.
    NA randoms pull 10k dps in random expert runs? SEND THEM OVER. NOW. I'm hearing the EU randoms are around the 5-8k dps level(I usually play with my college basketball teammates exclusively, so can't confirm)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    Well, it also happens often that someone pulls terrible dps in NTEs :P
    True that.

Quote Originally Posted by trionsaur REX View Post
    Damn I love me some sports analogies. Especially when it's basketball.
    NA randoms pull 10k dps in random expert runs? SEND THEM OVER. NOW. I'm hearing the EU randoms are around the 5-8k dps level(I usually play with my college basketball teammates exclusively, so can't confirm)
    Nah, nah, only tryhard nolife reavers pull these numbers, we have them too it's only that there are less people on EU servers so we see them less often.

I wonder.
    More probably some raiders are closeted jerks at first and when they get raid stuff they think it allows them to act upon their true personnality.
    More problematic for raiders as a whole these kind of people leave a strong memory in the mind of non-raiders, a negative one.
    It's funny how true this is. The best part is, it's usually the average players that join a top guild and get carried to success that shout the loudest.

The true great players don't need to tell anyone how good they are or belittle others. They just play the game and are usually happy to help anyone that asks for it.

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    It's funny how true this is. The best part is, it's usually the average players that join a top guild and get carried to success that shout the loudest.

The true great players don't need to tell anyone how good they are or belittle others. They just play the game and are usually happy to help anyone that asks for it.
    how do you know that? are you a good player ?

I say its the mediocre players that leave a top guild before they get booted that cant shut up on forums
    Last edited by Innov8ive; 07-30-2015 at 11:03 AM. Reason: PSS
    Innito@Typhiria <Apotheosys>

4/4 RoF - W1 5/5 MS - W1 3/3 TF - W1 8/8 BoB - W3

*grabs popcorn*

This gonna be good.
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

Ah, this topic is a sour one for me.
    Whenever I encounter a raider I ask myself when the guy will childishly blow a fuse over something triffling and start trash-talking about this or this other player.
    Having a relic weapon does not allow you to act as a miserable moron and step on everyone's face as if they are puddles of mud; I have one and I do not.

People like that are leaving ?
    Good riddance.

On the other hand THERE ARE correct-mannered and constructive raiders out there, but they are too few to not be diluted to disappearance in a ocean of vulgar and arrogant dumbasses.
    This is not a constructive attitude. In the days when we actually had a healthy hardcore raiding scene in this game, my guild almost fully abstained from participating in these forums as a matter of policy. We wanted nothing to do with any of the drama or mudslinging; we knew the image that such behaviour developed around other raid guilds and we did not want that for ourselves.

Meanwhile we did our best to help lesser guilds that were having trouble to progress. We'd hop on their voice chat to give them advice or sometimes even send them alts to fill a roster gap. Why? It benefited us, them, and the game to cultivate an amicable community.

Guess what? Raiders are like every other demographic. Some are *******s and a vast majority aren't. The biggest difference is that they are more likely to be involved in forum communities because they are more heavily invested in the game than anyone else.

The problem is that there is a lack of ingame informations and this community you are talking about acted as the devs' crutch for too long, it made them complacent.

Want to see how it is well done ?
    Trial EVE, dl the game, start a character and once ingame go look for their database in the menus.
    THAT's an encyclopedia about the game, there are hundreds if not thousands of pages with numbers, that's a real manual.

In Rift ?
    Little-paper-napkin-style bareboned infos about the most evident topics and nothing else, no numbers, no real underlining of what is important or not.
    That's an ENORMOUS problem, because basically Trion think people can use their product and keep using it without knowing how it works.
    I don't think so, but hey I'm not the one at risk of losing a big part of my company.
    So they must have infos that not knowing how to play the game is a good way to like playing it without even knowing what one is doing.

Or else, they would not put money into pretty voice acting instead of paying a john smith to sit down at a pc and type infos given to him by the devs to include in a database.
    I disagree with this. Every MMO I've ever played is the same: the truly in-depth guides that will help you succeed in the game's content and with the class system come from third parties. The people who play the game are the ones who have the best understanding of how the developers' work operates in an applied setting. And that content is always overwhelmingly developed by raiders, just as PvP guides are developed by PvPers, and dimension guides are developed by dimensioners.

Quote Originally Posted by Innov8ive View Post
    how do you know that? are you a good player ?

I say its the mediocre players that leave a top guild before they get booted that cant shut up on forums
    Hey look, my nemesis the Dark Knight returns.

Yes, I think I'm a good player. I'm not the best in our guild, but I'm not the worst either. My DPW are less than most and my DPS is pretty good for my gear. I don't know how else you'd define good? I'm not saying I'm great, Killings is great, Qgel was great, Alfiexx is great, I'd even grudgingly have to admit that Kergan is great. There are probably a dozen more but with 2 kids to raise and a company to run I don't have time to be able to elevate myself to that status.

On an unrelated note, I don't want to sound like the grammar police but come on, at least start your sentences with capital letters. Even my 9yo knows that.

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    Hey look, my nemesis the Dark Knight returns.
    Doesn't that make you The Joker and the bad guy?
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

I hope Trion makes raids accessible to the majority to maximize profits and keep the servers on and not listen to the minority. Democracy and capitalism at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by somestuff View Post
    I hope Trion makes raids accessible to the majority to maximize profits and keep the servers on and not listen to the minority. Democracy and capitalism at its best.
    I guess you're not really thinking long term, are you? Sure profits will increase, but only short term. As raids become more accessible to more people, more actual raiders will leave/quit meaning Trion will begin producing raids at the level of who's left. That would mean a lower gear requirement and thus, less money spent. Sure, increasing the population tends to increase the profits, but when you increase it by so much that players are leaving, then you're no longer making as much. Not everyone buys fluff so they depend on the difficulty of raiding leading to more money spent in the store. That's why tiered raiding can be difficult. If you say there's going to be 3 tiers of every raid, more players will just do easy mode and not worry about trying to get better gear because they don't need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Who cares if all these jerks leave anyway ? Good riddance !
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast