+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 61 Archon?!

Default 61 Archon?!

Trash on Farm killed Vlad last night but with a twist!

Video!

We used the much maligned skill Point to Point from 61 Archon to use. Instead of running up and down the ramp, we ported instead!

Was fun to use and I do think it is the best way to do this boss. We had seperate groups at top and bot (similar to how FoH do it) and the top group quickly cleanses using the Point to Point at 30 stacks (every minute to match the PtP cd).

Thoughts? (please don't mention my cleanse fail)
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

Telaran

is this the new meta?????

Point to Point was initially required for Vladmal(with light being much farther away). I don't think it's really any better, but it isn't really worse either. Grats on your kill.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

This is awesome! When I originally was thinking about what I wanted to do with Vladmal one of the original goals was to make point to point required (I was told it couldn’t be done so I had to try!). It turns out everyone was right and there wasn’t a way to make it required that wasn’t “horrible”. You have no idea how excited I was when I saw you guys killing Vlad this way. Congrats on the kill

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Epsiry View Post
    This is awesome! When I originally was thinking about what I wanted to do with Vladmal one of the original goals was to make point to point required (I was told it couldn’t be done so I had to try!). It turns out everyone was right and there wasn’t a way to make it required that wasn’t “horrible”. You have no idea how excited I was when I saw you guys killing Vlad this way. Congrats on the kill
    It made the fight a tad more enjoyable. Can you make an encounter which requires 61 Tactician?

Intended way confirmed !
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Quote Originally Posted by Yolodisco View Post
    It made the fight a tad more enjoyable. Can you make an encounter which requires 61 Tactician?
    You can use that on fights with lots of sustained burst damage where the raid is stacked but in NT there isn't really any sustained damage of this level - 61 tact was great on aky in BoB - I think heresy used 61 tact a lot. Who knows you might see 61 tactician if you tune into our aky streams

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

Coriolis actually used it on Regulos (during T2 SL). Then after we no longer used a 61 Archon, we continued to stack as if we were using it BUT ran around like pros to the other side. (Thanks Hikos)

I think the only reason we didnt use it on Vlad was due to the stress of the NA Boss Kill Race.

Quote Originally Posted by EJAvil View Post
    Coriolis actually used it on Regulos (during T2 SL). Then after we no longer used a 61 Archon, we continued to stack as if we were using it BUT ran around like pros to the other side. (Thanks Hikos)

I think the only reason we didnt use it on Vlad was due to the stress of the NA Boss Kill Race.
    I kept demanding we use one but he wouldn't listen .

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by EJAvil View Post

We actually started out with a 61 archon but after lots of complaints of 61 archon being useless (most of it by me) we stopped.
    Lets be real here, i really doubt its the best way to do the boss. At best its gimmicky. What p2p does here is save you running 30m once a minute. And only for the people that actually stand at the boss.

But grats to the kill nonetheless.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

stop whining killings ^^

kill is a kill, whatever legit method works. gz!
    Last edited by radiomaryja; 06-03-2015 at 01:14 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    stop whining killings ^^

kill is a kill, whatever legit method works. gz!
    Hey i dont have any hard feeling for either Kerghan or ToF.
    But i cant let people say that p2p is actually a legit spell because devs will see it and think theres nothing to fix about it. Its a **** spell thats made for utility, barely offers any and its utter **** unless a fight is specifically designed around it. As Epsiry said he intended to make it required for this fight and even then its just at the very best an optional spell.
    Last edited by paschl; 06-03-2015 at 06:12 AM.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    But i cant let people say that p2p is actually a legit spell because devs will see it and think theres nothing to fix about it. Its a **** spell thats made for utility, barely offers and its utter **** unless a fight is specifically designed around it. As Epsiry said he intended to make it required for this fight and even then its just at the very best an optional spell.
    My intention wasn't to justify the design of the Archon soul. I did not say that Point to Point is a spell that is worthy of being 61 points and that it is fine that I have to entirely gimp myself in terms of damage and playstyle to reach the spell. I do think Archon needs a look at so that spending any more than 41 points in it is actually useful and that there is a little more complexity in terms of rotation.

My intention was to show that we actually managed to find a use for the spell with a tactic that revolved around it. I think the results were pretty good and I also believe that a guild with much better dps and co ordination could do much better and also do better than their current tactic. Of course this is my opinion, feel free to disagree, I don't intend to try and persuade people otherwise.

I also apologise to any mage who may be forced to play 61 archon.
    Last edited by Hababa; 06-03-2015 at 05:13 AM.
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Liadva View Post
    You can use that on fights with lots of sustained burst damage where the raid is stacked but in NT there isn't really any sustained damage of this level - 61 tact was great on aky in BoB - I think heresy used 61 tact a lot. Who knows you might see 61 tactician if you tune into our aky streams
    I played 61 Tact on BoB Aky, it was great fun

Quote Originally Posted by Hababa View Post
    I also apologise to any mage who may be forced to play 61 archon.
    Lol, you should, high Archon is just meh and to the others, yes Point to Point is probably the most useless 61 ability there is in game. However, it was fun to actually make a use of it for once (poor Kerghan though).

Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    But i cant let people say that p2p is actually a legit spell because devs will see it and think theres nothing to fix about it. Its a **** spell thats made for utility, barely offers any and its utter **** unless a fight is specifically designed around it. As Epsiry said he intended to make it required for this fight and even then its just at the very best an optional spell.
    Hate to break it to you, but fights designed around specific skills (or sets of skills) happens alot.

If you strip away all of those types of mechanics, you'd more or less be left with a tank 'n spank where the boss stands there and picks at your tank, from 100% to 0.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast