+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: HK Itemization

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default HK Itemization

We've gotten a lot of feedback about the desirability of loot drops in Hammerknell. We did another pass on the gear and did a bit more adjustment of the budget point allocation so that they should be more clearly defined as upgrades and as such desirable.

When PTS is updated next (probably tomorrow, April 24th) the new allocations will be updated as well. I'll make sure that Raidmare is spawned in front of HK so that you're able to look at the gear if you don't already have it on your character. Items on your character already will automatically update to the new distribution.

You can post comments and concerns here or feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by Vladd; 04-23-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Already posted in the dungeons and raid forums, but i think its more fitting here:

So we have killed 10 bosses in HK now since Akylios is still deactivated for at least another week and none of the bosses we killed dropped an Eye of the Untold Madness, which is the new Heart thats required to upgrade Weapons, Trinkets etc from Hammerknell and of course the T2 token-gear.

Specially the T2 weapons are really bad unless you upgrade them. If only Akylios drops one heart you will only get a maximum of 1 eye per week for your whole guild.

Suggestion: Add an eye to the upper bosses Inwar and Garau and/or have Akylios drop at least 2 of them. Please don't put the eyes into Conquest.
    Apotheosys/Typhiria
    Genjuro@Typhiria Warrior HM Crucia, HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4, MoM 5/9 World 1st
    Miralda@Brutwacht Rogue HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4 World 4th

Shadowlander

Genjuro isnt it obvious? It s an EYE of Akylios, and Akylios has 8 Eyes => 8 per kill

Quote Originally Posted by Kennex View Post
    Genjuro isnt it obvious? It s an EYE of Akylios, and Akylios has 8 Eyes => 8 per kill
    More like 8% chance to get one

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

PTS has been updated and unlocked with the item changes so please go check them out! =)

Also, we can certainly look at the availability of Eyes of Untold Madness.
    Last edited by Vladd; 04-24-2015 at 02:47 PM.

OLD NEW
    HP 155360 156170 = 810hp increase
    Armor 269812 272789 = 2977 armor increase
    Dodge 4845 4468 = 377 Dodge lost
    Block 6535 6479 = 56 Block lost
    Guard 3288 3779 = 491 Guard increase

Old drop box Cleric tank gear vs new.

I'm guessing you want guard cap to be super easy to get? its already reachable in full T1 gear. 11.37% guard (almost hard cap) in just drops.

Cleric tank, warrior dps, rogue shoulders all upgrade to relic after their setbonus path. Not sure if you are going for an ID shoulder vibe or something.

PS. yay for forums not spacing my numbers right.....
    Last edited by Boase; 04-24-2015 at 04:18 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Soulwalker

I noticed a little nerf to the Rogue AP earring, which im sure is not intentional.
    The stats changed from 252 Dex, 178 Str, 160 End, 109 AP to 236 Dex, 186 Str,186 End, 106 AP which overall is a loss.

1) Lyriet, Soul of Dreams, (mage dps totem) upgrade proc is still identical to, eg, the Dead Dreams proc. Both do 6582 - 7282 damage, even though the former is T2 and the latter T1.

2) Amulet of Horrors (mage dps neck) gains only 1 crit power compared to Dea Sea Ignition Filament T1 neck.

3) Baton of Shades (mage dps wand) loses the secondary proc from the Red Tooth (increasing damage/healing taken from Nightmare Tide weapon effects by 25%). It is also only a 3 spell power gain.

4) Ancient Royal Signet (mage dps ring) loses 3 CP compared to Johan's ring.

5) Magician's Bauble (mage dps ring) has only 80 sp. That's terribly low.
    Last edited by plumpcorpse; 04-24-2015 at 04:22 PM.
    Plumpcorpse.

Plane Walker

First off, thank you for listening and reviewing the HK drops. The removal of Spell/Melee Crit on many pieces is a welcome change.

Just a couple observations, primarily from a cleric and dps perspective:
    • Clerics currently have 2 items that are Spell Crit, one earring and neck, if this persists the mage alternative will be better and we are falling into the scenario with the IT staff.
    • My napkin math tells me the cleric neck would need roughly a 30% buff in Spell Crit to become 'desirable' over the mage neck (and this is just slightly ahead).
    • Like the neck, the mage CP earring is BIS for clerics (before CP soft cap ofc).
    • From quick look at Cleric armour pieces similar stat items are balanced between store and dropped within reason.
    • CP pieces continue to be far superior to SP and crit pieces. As a very rough generalization I would have CP items roughly 14 % better than SP pieces and 20% better than Spell Crit pieces when comparing same slot armour pieces.

None of the above observations are major issue for me in light of the overall revamp, but feedback all the same.
    Koz

Was just checking the warrior items, looking much better now! Also happy you're looking into the availabilty of the Eyes. One per month is really not enough because guilds want to upgrade at least 2 weapons per week and that means not even one armor or trinket upgrade.

A couple suggestions and questions:

1.) I did not see a T2 DPS trinket yet for warriors, the T2 raidbox only contains the old Finric Trinket. Are new warrior DPS trinkets in the loottable for HK? We got a warrior heal trinket and mage dps trinket so far from Vladmal Prime.

2.) 2H and 1H weapons both have the same proc, shouldn't 2H weapons have a stronger/better proc?

3.) Trash drops: We have killed quite some trash mobs but have gotten not a single item so far (other guilds reported the same) and you mentioned in the livestream that there are items for specific slots that only drop from trashmobs. There is only that much "trash" in HK and the drop chance seems to be extremely low.

Would it be possible to increase the droprate a bit, maybe at least for trash mobs deeper inside HK?
    Apotheosys/Typhiria
    Genjuro@Typhiria Warrior HM Crucia, HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4, MoM 5/9 World 1st
    Miralda@Brutwacht Rogue HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4 World 4th

ITEM: Magician's Bauble
    CALLING: Mage
    SLOT: Ring
    ISSUE: Stat budget has been reduced by around 20 SP compared to where it was before.
    COMMENT: This reduction leads to Johan's Spark from TF being so much better than this item that you'd never even once think about taking care of your CP soft cap min maxing by equipping this ring.

- I don't see a healing trinket for Mages?
    - Magician's Bauble (ring) seems to have had its stat budget reduced.

Items in general and weapons particularly look much better. Any word on what the difference will be on the dropped and vendor upgrade/sidegrade costs?
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 04-25-2015 at 03:07 PM.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

Thanks everyone for the feedback and PM's. We've updated gear based on your feedback and submitted to PTS. Next time the server is updated (after today), the changes will be there.

I'm going to let the changes sit on PTS for another week before pushing it up so there is still time to get your feedback in.

Ascendant

So changes will be there tomorrow morning?

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    So changes will be there tomorrow morning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Next time the server is updated (after today), the changes will be there.
    It's a standard disclaimer since any number of things can prevent PTS being updated. Thus, we try to avoid being specific about any dates. Build could fail. NOC could be on fire. Tsunami could take out all of the bay area. Zombie apocalypse. You know... normal stuff. =)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast