+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: HK Itemization

Default Rogue Itemisation

Rogues:

Weapon: 1 weapon (clerics/mages have 5, warriors have 3) and yes it has two upgrade paths but ultimately 1 item (almost nobody is going to use that heal path if given a choice)

Helmet: Hood of the fallen (getting nerfed compared to live, losing 16 attack power and gaining 2 dex and 4 strength or something) - Small upgrade over t1 relic helmet, and quite a bit worse than the store helmet

Shoulders: Shoulderguards of torment (201 crit power, t1 relic has 206 crit power, ideally shouldn't lose crit power when upgrading a slot)

Earring: Shadowmeld Teardrop (getting nerfed compared to live, losing 16 or so dex, and 3 attack power, gaining about 8 strength, seems to be an unjustified nerf compared to the other earrings in HK)

Belt: Undertaker's Tattered Wrap (by far the biggest nerf, has lost 40 attack power and gained 10 dex, making it pretty bad compared to the t1 belt, and much worse than the store version)

Boots: The best t2 boots are about 10 dps better than the t1 pumpkin boots. Maybe add a second stat to dropped boots to even it out

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

I really like how ppl tell devs who created this game whats stats are best or that some t2 drops stats are worse then t1 when something like that should be obvious. Is Vladd just nicnname of king of itemisation mr. York ?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by pit81 View Post
    I really like how ppl tell devs who created this game whats stats are best or that some t2 drops stats are worse then t1 when something like that should be obvious. Is Vladd just nicnname of king of itemisation mr. York ?
    I think Vladd is just trying to correct mistakes, could be wrong though!

It is frustrating that itemization issues don't get better as new tiers are released(how many times does an end boss only dropping 1 item that upgrades things to relic have to be an issue before it is learned from? Or final 10 man boss loot tables being terribly designed). Those are real simple ones then there are those where items are downgrades (which they are working to fix somewhat) but it has been an issue for a long time where a warrior item will have an SP proc or items just making no sense, it kind of ruins the fun getting first time kills and the items you get on that first kill are downgrades.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #34
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    I think Vladd is just trying to correct mistakes, could be wrong though!
    You are correct. I updated the loot tables last Thursday when it was brought to my attention. The weapons from Akylios are now relic to start. The DPS versions can be sidegraded to a healing version and back to the DPS version for just the cost of an amender for each change. No Eye required.

Also, the amount of Eyes of Untold Madness that drop has been increased as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    The weapons from Akylios are now relic to start. The DPS versions can be sidegraded to a healing version and back to the DPS version for just the cost of an amender for each change. No Eye required.

Also, the amount of Eyes of Untold Madness that drop has been increased as well.
    Good changes, thank you.
    Apotheosys/Typhiria
    Genjuro@Typhiria Warrior HM Crucia, HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4, MoM 5/9 World 1st
    Miralda@Brutwacht Rogue HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4 World 4th

Soulwalker

Is there a relic rogue tanking 1h with shield proc hidden somewhere or do we only get the one with damage reduction?

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #37
    Rift Team

We pushed up all the changes to HK itemization for this week's hotfix so it is currently live. Sadly, we did not push up the amender recipe changes that were planned to go live at the same time. However, those have been pushed up to stable and will go live with the next hotfix.

Rift Disciple

Cowl of Shapers has less Crit Power and less endurance compared to Frozen Horror Warmask.
    (it even has less CP/endurance compared to Frost Keeper's Warmask, which is the non-relic version)
    Dontlookatme - <The Fires Of Heaven>@Zaviel

How about you dont forget the +27 int and +18 wis that the drophelmet has additionally over the set helmet? These stats btw push the drophelmet ahead of the setitem dps wise.

HK Itemization-2015-05-14_191618.jpg

I don't believe T2 item should be a downgrade for any stat when compared to previous tier item.
    World 1st red trinket - finally retired. Tnx for chronicles!

I truly like that there's a difference in critpower between drops and shopitems. This really helps hitting the softcap more accurately in many scenarios. I also think it's stupid to argue over 5 critpower when the other item has like 50 more mainstat and 20 more secondary stat.

The itemization issue are the weapons. They're utter trash unless you have Akylios on farm.
    I've heard not that many have downed Akylios.

That's more an issue with tier 1 itemisation than tier 2. Ice Zerker and Snowfall in particular are so ridiculously powerful that they'd need to give epic weapons an unprecedented stat jump to make them even worth considering. I suspect that's why Ice Zerker seems to have been removed this tier and ranged weapons no longer provide a 25% bonus to weapon procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    That's more an issue with tier 1 itemisation than tier 2. Ice Zerker and Snowfall in particular are so ridiculously powerful that they'd need to give epic weapons an unprecedented stat jump to make them even worth considering. I suspect that's why Ice Zerker seems to have been removed this tier and ranged weapons no longer provide a 25% bonus to weapon procs.
    I think the real issue is that they didnt tune the encounter properly. If you had both a solid ramp up in gear and a adapted difficulty level in terms of dps requirements etc, it'd have given the tier more longevity.
    Look at Laethys in Tier3 SL in its original form for example. That had quite a high Phase 1 DPS threshold, where you really would have needed to unite the 20 best Riftplayers at the time in 1 guild to beat the enrage consistently to progress. And then aside from fixing some bugs and removing the ceremony the 1st ID after the firstkill, ppl got it done with gear.

I think either the epic weapons needed to be a dps upgrade over the relic t1 or they should have given wing endbosses upgrade items so guilds would have seen a bigger influx in dps to overcome challenges.
    I mean the encounters were apparently designed to be beaten with full t1 gear as shown by Apotheosys, but I wonder if some of them would have preferred a longer tier over a 3 month summer break(I don't think we'll see T3 before September/October)

No, it really is just a problem with the zerker proc, that is so obviously broken that when replaced by a T2 relic, the dps gain is almost invisible.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

I am curious why the trash drops are mostly all the superior items when compared to the actual boss drops? For example the better rings and earrings (better overall stats, critpower) drop from trash mobs only.

This leads to the second problem: Trash droprate is so extremely slim. We've raided HK for 4 weeks now killing a ton of trash, this week we actually killed every trash mob in the instance, and after these 4 weeks and hundreds of trash mobs we now got one, yes one single item.

Akylios also needs a distinct loottable, it's dissappointing to see the same items that drop from earlier bosses (Molinar, Estrode, Inwar). Maybe give the Akylios items slightly improved or even double stats? Threngar weapons also had double stats for example and some of the stuff from MS/TF. Make these Akylios capes relic instead of epic?

The internal cd for the proc from relic weapons seems to be way too long making these weapons only a very slight upgrade from Threngar weapons.
    Last edited by GenjuroK; 05-16-2015 at 08:40 AM.
    Apotheosys/Typhiria
    Genjuro@Typhiria Warrior HM Crucia, HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4, MoM 5/9 World 1st
    Miralda@Brutwacht Rogue HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4 World 4th

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3