+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Why can't I just raid to get my raid gear?

Default Why can't I just raid to get my raid gear?

http://i.imgur.com/GJD3jxA.jpg

This is getting ridiculous. A Dreaming Rune Amender and Nightmare Textile Amender just to get the set bonus? Same deal to side-grade vendor armour? The gear is scarcely an upgrade over tier 1, yet the disparate costs of upgrading and side-grading is unbelievable. Honestly I'd just go to T3 with 4 pieces of T1 non-hit gear, if it came to that.

It's bad enough that your pay-to-turn-in "crafting weekly" gives more raid marks than a raid boss, but just in case we might actually have enough mats to complete those you're making sure that the RNG crapshoot of your loot tables is that much more onerous? It's these blatant cash-grabs that make me not want to spend money on this game.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    The gear is scarcely an upgrade over tier 1, yet the disparate costs of upgrading and side-grading is unbelievable. Honestly I'd just go to T3 with 4 pieces of T1 non-hit gear, if it came to that.
    I will use the vendor pieces for the set bonus in the end. But, gl with using vendor pieces to fine tune your set, the conversion price is just as brutal.

I got 2 dropped HK pieces that are straight up downgrades from what I have from T1. So they will sit in my bank and Ill save the money I guess lol
    Last edited by Sencas; 04-19-2015 at 02:54 PM.
    Koz

I think we actually runebroke 2 pairs of shoulders this week - both phys/spell crit

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

Yeah, those shoulders were only an upgrade because Chloro. I didn't need to upgrade them for my set bonus because I had a crit power set from T1 anyway. But looking at the vendor gear, they purposely put spellcrit items or spellpower items there that they know people will want to convert to crit power, and the costs to convert them are likewise insane.

It's bad enough that they're trying to make us do PvP weeklies, but at least that involved playing the game. This is just a blatant ploy to get people to buy the Strand mats with credits and to buy up more Minion slots.

The non-upgrade/side-grade costs of these items is pretty ridiculous. Synergy crystals didn't change, but to upgrade dropped t2 gear you need 2 relic amenders? F that.

I've always been pretty aware of DPS per dollar (or time saved per dollar) if I'm going to drop cash on something in game.

At the moment I'm not seeing anything that meets my threshold, so I'll happily live with 1% less DPS and put my $50 someplace else. I don't really mind them doing it if people are going to pay it (so Trion can pay developers), I just don't see myself being one of them.

Now... let me buy 190/190 DPS greaters on the Rift store for $25 each and they might get money out of me for that.

RIFT Guide Writer

If there were more guilds doing t2 I could make some good money of this. As it is now Ill mostly lose money upgrading my own stuff...
    What might be even worse in my opinion is all the stupid crap were supposed to be doing again to cap marks. Why do t2 marks get added to experts again? They were fun when they were current content but now it's just mindless grind. And then we got all the weeklies and daily PvP too... And guess what you need certain amounts of hit and guard to clear HK so not capping marks = getting behind.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    The non-upgrade/side-grade costs of these items is pretty ridiculous. Synergy crystals didn't change, but to upgrade dropped t2 gear you need 2 relic amenders? F that.
    That is actually a good point. Why we don't ger new crystals, or crystal upgrades? That would make these upgrades much more desirable.

there is nothing more to say then, Trion/Devs pls take another look at the upgrade costs and some of the T2 items, runebreaking some of the very first T2 loot is pretty sad
    (but also kinda funny )
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

Not to mention that experts/wfs/weeklies give 60% more currency while raid bosses drop the same amount of currency

The time requirements (outside of raids) & plat costs to raid - rehashed content - are becoming unreal.
    Last edited by Axarion; 04-19-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Rift Disciple Definitelynotblitzcrank's Avatar

+1 everything in this thread so far. Whichever dev is currently responsible for this please acknowledge that this needs to be changed and quickly. T2 Raid gear costs more and is harder to earn through raiding than any other previous tier in the history of the game. This is NOT the right direction to take your game down and this WILL do permanent long-term damage to the raiding community if this stays in its current form.

Reduce costs to upgrade/Side-grade gear.

Increase currency drops from current T2 bosses, experts/wfs going from 50 to 80, bosses going from 400 to 400, not kosher even if you feel it'll balance out when you release a 10man whenever that will hit us.

Increase stats gained on all items by 20% of what they currently are, the exact feedback I gave on PTS that seemed to go unheeded.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep
    Toke, Mcbong, Meee@Deepwood, Madbomber@Hailol
    MS 5/5 RoF 4/4 TF 3/3 HK 10/11 GP 4/4
    Ordained Priest of the Dudeist Church

Telaran

Dont worry about raiding for raid gear, 10 out 12 so far been tank loot

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Axarion View Post
    Not to mention that experts/wfs/weeklies give 60% more currency while raid bosses drop the same amount of currency

The time requirements (outside of raids) & plat costs to raid - rehashed content - are becoming unreal.
    I honestly don't know how people have time to get stuff done on alts...it is a bit ridiculous. This insane cost to upgrade/sidegrade items combined with HK being fairly disappointing at least so far has been a let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    I honestly don't know how people have time to get stuff done on alts...it is a bit ridiculous. This insane cost to upgrade/sidegrade items combined with HK being fairly disappointing at least so far has been a let down.
    Even the cost of buying the gear is insane. 13.5k marks for the cheapest piece. Even if you are clearing 8/11 every week, at 480 marks per boss (what I get) that's only half of your weekly cap of 8600. Looking like it'll take me more than a month to get some pieces. Makes you wonder how long they intend this tier to last, considering it was supposedly implemented in the interim because the raid they were working on wasn't finished...

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Even the cost of buying the gear is insane. 13.5k marks for the cheapest piece. Even if you are clearing 8/11 every week, at 480 marks per boss (what I get) that's only half of your weekly cap of 8600.
    As a Patron you can get about 5k marks without boosts so you get 6k(or 6,5k with treasure map) without raiding HK. Getting the cheapest piece in 2 weeks is no big problem if you do your weeklies/charges.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast