+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Why can't I just raid to get my raid gear?

Plane Touched

Why can't I just sparkle box to get my raid gear? This is ridiculous.

Thread started 4 days ago, some kind of dev response would be awesome. I mean the long this is ignored the more people would runebreak loot or upgrade , maybe, at this insane cost. Think I have seen most or all of the higher tier guilds posting about this, it's not a small issue. Miss t2 far, NP do crafting dailies... 2k give or take to upgrade to set bonus or change vendor stats...AWESOME. best part is with this set up im sure you dont need to spend devs time on t3. Wont be anyone left to do it.
    Last edited by spowers454; 04-23-2015 at 09:55 AM.

All I know is that 5/15minute minion missions the entire day is now super important.

Also that makes minion sender the #1 addon in the game.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    All I know is that 5/15minute minion missions the entire day is now super important.

Also that makes minion sender the #1 addon in the game.
    Educate me Zehne. What do you mean? How do I profit from minions?

I dont do minions nor addons for minions.

What do I do?

HELP

But if trion keeps ignoring these kind of issues they will surely go away, right?

And by issues I mean their players
    Last edited by Axarion; 04-23-2015 at 11:51 AM.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #21
    Rift Team

We're looking into the costs for upgrading and making adjustments as needed. While it was intended that the cost for upgrading items was significant, we certainly didn't want you guys to go flat broke doing so.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    We're looking into the costs for upgrading and making adjustments as needed. While it was intended that the cost for upgrading items was significant, we certainly didn't want you guys to go flat broke doing so.
    While the cost to "upgrade" is an issue--i.e., the cost to go from epic to relic--the real issue is the cost for switching the dps stat. I would LOVE to hear the philosophy behind which stat is given for free on each item. It seems that BIS is behind a wall on every piece instead of the stat switch being a chance for min/maxing.

P.S. Please double the phys crit values so we have to make choices

NMT T1: Cleared
    NMT T2: 10/11 HK | 4/4 iGP HM

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDagger View Post
    While the cost to "upgrade" is an issue--i.e., the cost to go from epic to relic--the real issue is the cost for switching the dps stat. I would LOVE to hear the philosophy behind which stat is given for free on each item. It seems that BIS is behind a wall on every piece instead of the stat switch being a chance for min/maxing.

P.S. Please double the phys crit values so we have to make choices
    Each set of 7 armor items on the store has a representation of 2/2/3 of the tertiary stats. Between each calling for DPS gear, this distribution is slightly different. For instance, the distribution for crit hit is 3 slots on Warrior & Rogue while it is 2 slots on Cleric and Mage. This is mostly because different callings have varying weights that they apply to tertiary stats.

Tank gear, on the other hand, is almost exactly the same from calling to calling.

Still, the answer is the same as above in that sidegrading will also be looked at during the review.

Quote Originally Posted by JudeFromKale View Post
    Educate me Zehne. What do you mean? How do I profit from minions?

I dont do minions nor addons for minions.

What do I do?

HELP
    1) Get minions. (tons of them everywhere, or you could just go to AH)
    2) Get minionsender addon
    3) Setup the addon as you see fit
    4) Mindlessly click button when it tells you to
    5) Repeat 4) and profit.
    6) Cry because your bags get filled up too much

Vladd my ninja

Rift Disciple Definitelynotblitzcrank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Each set of 7 armor items on the store has a representation of 2/2/3 of the tertiary stats. Between each calling for DPS gear, this distribution is slightly different. For instance, the distribution for crit hit is 3 slots on Warrior & Rogue while it is 2 slots on Cleric and Mage. This is mostly because different callings have varying weights that they apply to tertiary stats.

Tank gear, on the other hand, is almost exactly the same from calling to calling.

Still, the answer is the same as above in that sidegrading will also be looked at during the review.
    Although I like the line of thought can we see a 5sp/6cp/11crit or 10/13/23 weighting, this would be a bit closer to the player tested stat weights. 2/2/3(10/10/15 for those not math inclined) puts too high emphasis on crit chance and too little on crit power for what Tier 2 should offer on its gear.

Current gearing requires too many slots dedicated to crit power to reach soft cap for optimal dps, while pieces with crit chance are considered completely worthless by the majority of the raiding community. Making this change would allow for 2-3 pieces to be changed to spell crit or spell power and would potentially make crit chance the best stat in several slots where spell power would be the choice now.

Really with the crit chance cap as hard to attain as it is now you could go as radical as 10/15/28-32 and see if you can push DPS away from power gear in slots all together. Add to this a 10%-20% buff to current healing SP/AP scaling to entice healing to stick with SP/AP over the now buffed crit/crit power options. This would be a wonderful change for dps/healer gearing inside of guilds. But this is def one for the PTS for a while before live maybe. I might be putting too much on it at 28-32 and if I am the healing buff is unneeded.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep
    Toke, Mcbong, Meee@Deepwood, Madbomber@Hailol
    MS 5/5 RoF 4/4 TF 3/3 HK 10/11 GP 4/4
    Ordained Priest of the Dudeist Church

For most people large portion of raid marks will come from stuff like crafting weeklies (lol), pvp weeklies, doing IA, world events weekly, doing super boring experts and wf's.....

I like how stuff that would have been ridiculed in Rift few years ago are now considered normal
    World 1st red trinket - finally retired. Tnx for chronicles!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Eione View Post
    For most people large portion of raid marks will come from stuff like crafting weeklies (lol), pvp weeklies, doing IA, world events weekly, doing super boring experts and wf's.....

I like how stuff that would have been ridiculed in Rift few years ago are now considered normal
    Evolution. Same thing happened to WoW, and I guess any online game that had to adapt to survive.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Same thing happened to WoW
    Yeah sure, you totally get raid gear for crafting weeklies, pvp weeklies, instant adventures, world events weekly, heroics and battlegrounds in WoW. Except you don't, you get it for DOING NOTHING AT ALL!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by SpectralDerp View Post
    Yeah sure, you totally get raid gear for crafting weeklies, pvp weeklies, instant adventures, world events weekly, heroics and battlegrounds in WoW. Except you don't, you get it for DOING NOTHING AT ALL!
    You forgot about the legendary questlines that do not require going into an organised raid to complete and they reward an item which is absolute BiS for the duration of the expansion, even compared to drops for the same slot from the hardest difficulty available.

Also you forgot features like Pet Battles, Garisons, Followers, S.e.l.f.i.e.s... if you had mentioned any of those features during Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, maybe even Cata, you'd be ostracised and made fun of.

The game changed, the population that plays it has changed. It may have 10 million subs, but don't even think that they are the same 10 million during TBC's era. Same must happen to any game that wants to continue to exist.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast