+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: PrancingTurtle - an online CombatLog parser / analyser

Default PrancingTurtle - an online CombatLog parser / analyser

Greetings!

It has been a long time coming, but we’re finally able to release this asset to the community. PrancingTurtle, like Hypatia and RiftLogs that came before it, is a parser & analyser for Rift’s combat logging system. Different players and guilds will use it in different ways, but at its core, it’s a tool that has been designed to allow players to dig deeper into their performance within a raiding environment.

It’s more than just a damage / healing meter, and gives players & guilds a historical record of their progress and performance over a period of time. There’s an enormous amount of data in a combatlog, and this will help you dig through all of that data to find what you’re looking for. Once a log has been uploaded, it’s simple to navigate through the different sections of an encounter, from player/npc damage/healing/absorption records, to buff/debuff tracking and death logs. Everything that you would expect to find in a parser, in a format that’s easy to work your way around and find the information that you’re looking for.

Logs are uploaded as ‘sessions’, which can contain any number of encounters. When opting to create a new session, players have the option of making the entire session public (open to everyone to view), or private (viewable only to those are approved members of the uploader’s guild). Privacy can also be changed on an encounter-by-encounter basis, for those times where the privacy concerns are around a particular boss, rather than the entire raid.

To get started, head on over to http://www.prancingturtle.com, hit the register link up the top right, and join the other players & guilds that have already signed up! After registering and logging in, character and guild registration can be found under the ‘My Account’ link. Guild creation only takes a matter of seconds, and one created, guild members can apply via the site & the creator of the guild or someone else that has been given the permission to do so can approve applications. It has been made pretty straightforward, so go and check it out!

Last but not least, a project like this would not get to this point without a decent investment of time from a number of people within the Rift community. There are too many to name individually, but without you all this wouldn’t be possible, so a big thanks goes out to the effort and contribution from those players and guilds. Many of us have seen a number of these tools come and go, and so we've made an effort to create something that's both useful and sustainable.
    There’s still plenty to do, so keep giving us your feedback & we’ll keep striving to make this tool as effective as it can be!

You'll find these on the site as well, but for those particularly interested in our release notes, they're here.
    Last edited by Hewi; 04-03-2015 at 05:34 AM.
    NA#1 T-Rex. One of the token aussies for -Lemme Smash-
    RIP Coriolis.

PrancingTurtle online log parser

<Coriolis>
    Archemys

Great work m8!

Finally, no more referring to it as just "Hewi's site" anymore.

(I feel Drambuie judging my Bard parse )
    Last edited by EJAvil; 04-03-2015 at 08:10 AM. Reason: All hail orange Crucia

Ascendant

Go hewi!

I love the name!

The site looks nice, will definitly test it out. Too bad that I forgot to /combatlog and we are done with raids for the week.

Rift Master

Thanks Hewi - looks great and I can't wait to give it a try!
    Seon Ronpeth @ Leviathan
    <Perfect Balance>
    70WHM 70AST 70SCH 70SMN 70DRK 70BLM 70 RDM70 NIN70 DRG Disciple of Hand & Land

As someone with no arms I find this site very easy to navigate!

+1
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

There had better be some incredible inside joke behind that name, because I can't imagine why you'd be willing to go with "-turtle" and choose to affix anything other than "Derp" to the front. Plus, four syllables is too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    There had better be some incredible inside joke behind that name, because I can't imagine why you'd be willing to go with "-turtle" and choose to affix anything other than "Derp" to the front. Plus, four syllables is too many.
    We could always register derpturtle.com and park it on prancingturtle.com, just for you <3
    RIP Coriolis.

Really nice job. So pretty, much wow.

Telaran

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the work. Unfortunately I'm having an issue using the site. I can upload logs just fine, but whenever I try to look at them I'm getting an error message (below). I get the same one in several browsers and multiple devices. Other people in guild don't seem to have this problem so I'm wonder what it could be. Any thoughts?

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Specified cast is not valid.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.

Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.]
    Deserialize1b25e12e-5377-4e90-a3fa-e3693a762486(IDataReader ) +543

[DataException: Error parsing column 10 (CanUploadLogs=1 - SByte)]
    Many more lines...

That's the second time I've seen that exception within a few hours, will definitely be fixing that as soon as I'm out of raid!
    RIP Coriolis.

Took longer than I expected to get around to publishing the update (read, had to raid), but 1.0.11 should have fixed the error that some people were seeing. It was occurring when players had one or more characters on a shard that weren't in a guild.
    On a side note, some of the ranking system should be in place within the next week
    RIP Coriolis.

Telaran

Thanks so much, that fixed it. Good on you for paying attention and responding to issues. Now if only Trion would...

Might paste in my updates / changes in here so we can keep a track as well

Just published 1.0.12 - added the ability to compare player damage done breakdowns across multiple players within a single encounter. Head to the player damage done page for an encounter, select the players you want to compare and hit the green button underneath. Also, up the top of each detail page, hit the 'show export text' to see the text you can copy/paste. If the button's annoying, I'll just remove that and leave the text there by default.
    RIP Coriolis.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast