+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Kill the mechanical tryant!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I think progression on Crucia will still be harder than progression on PUMPKIN, but for guilds that are farming both, yeah Crucia is probably easier. We should have 1 shotted her this week but had a couple of silly deaths in P4 and missed enrage by 3%.

Has this change affected HM too?
    Well I disagree. If you watch a vid, copy the lineup and placement on the floor, you'll need an evening to get some ppl in sync for the p2 chain, then you need another 10 p4 trys to reliably burn down the crystals and it's done. 380 Million Hp means no real dps check.

And a lot of these next tier guilds carry really bad players for different reasons. This hurts their overall dps, especially when they put these players in support roles which mostly have super easy rotations, but the wrong ppl there who have no clue about supporting just ruins everyone else's dps and most raidleads on high level don't realize this, let alone on low level.

On PUmpkin you are constantly moving in Phase 2 and bad players usually are bad at running and dpsing at the same time or understanding the spacing on Pumpkin(In my guild it still occurs that I select to go on top of another player on p2 spread and this player will run around like a headless chicken because he didn't listen/understand what was said at any of the 1000000 times it was explained in teamspeak that legit placement in p2 is 2 on top of each other or 1 player + 1 flamethrower so it's easy to aoe heal)

That's why I think Pumpkin is now a harder encounter because it has at least mediocre dps demands.

Has this change affected HM too?
    I was wondering this as well.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

If an Oria guide were released I'd agree, but just watching a video isn't enough to learn the fight.

I wouldn't expect a guild going to Crucia for the first time having only watched a video to even get to P2 in that first evening. Like everything in this game, it's easy when you know how, but figuring out stuff there takes time, even with a video to watch.

PUMPKIN can be a pig for sure but a good raid leader can call out all the mechanics and P2 isn't really much of a progression - you swap nuking adds for a spread mechanic. In Crucia P2 and P4 are vastly different to P1 and both take time for a progressing guild to learn.

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

Oh wow that's funny somehow, nerfing the boss midfight, i was already wondering how we killed her so quickly.

So Crucia went from 456 million, where only a couple guilds managed to kill her, to 418, which is already pretty easy - to a laughable 380 million in such a short period of time. Pretty dissappointing.
    Apotheosys/Typhiria
    Genjuro@Typhiria Warrior HM Crucia, HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4, MoM 5/9 World 1st
    Miralda@Brutwacht Rogue HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4 World 4th

The thing is I don't think dps is even a major issue on this fight since the first nerf- its all about how good you complete p2 and p4 - I think this is the major issue guilds who haven't killed it yet have.

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

If an Oria guide were released I'd agree, but just watching a video isn't enough to learn the fight.

I wouldn't expect a guild going to Crucia for the first time having only watched a video to even get to P2 in that first evening. Like everything in this game, it's easy when you know how, but figuring out stuff there takes time, even with a video to watch.

PUMPKIN can be a pig for sure but a good raid leader can call out all the mechanics and P2 isn't really much of a progression - you swap nuking adds for a spread mechanic. In Crucia P2 and P4 are vastly different to P1 and both take time for a progressing guild to learn.
    Sry man you're too oldschool for that stuff.
    If you knew some of our internal guides I wrote just by watching a streamed kill like 3 times. That's sometimes 90% of what the boss is all about. And then it's really easy to connect the missing dots.
    And Pumpkin requires a fair amount of dps still, especially when you don't have 20 ppl geared with orange threngar drops. And Pumpking p2 dps will fluctuate because most casual gamers aren't familiar with concepts such as strafing and selecting hotkeys in a way that allows them to move and dps at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Liadva View Post
    The thing is I don't think dps is even a major issue on this fight since the first nerf- its all about how good you complete p2 and p4 - I think this is the major issue guilds who haven't killed it yet have.
    With the first nerf you could bring baddies you wanted but they had to play the right spec. With 380 Million Hp you can bring all the Pyromancers, Druids, Heal Defiler, NecroEle, Tempests that still use Riftblade as their offsoul and pick up some Rangers from BGs with the Rambo script.

They will struggle P2 and P4. But now it's nothing else but managing these 2 aspects. But then again I don't really care about Crucia, since it's a really bad encounter from a fun perspective.

Telaran

I think the main reason it has been change so quickly is that Intrepid HK comes already with 3.2 so you start getting the first boss and more will come the following weeks, so if the guilds that raid is going to see the current content then now is the time.

Only major change is the 10% hp reduction does is to make the fight shorter all the phases are still there.

I don't see HM being change since most don't plan on doing it, and even with a 10% hp reduction on HM aswell it still more a fight based on people preforming the hard mechanic added.

Quote Originally Posted by GenjuroK View Post
    Oh wow that's funny somehow, nerfing the boss midfight, i was already wondering how we killed her so quickly.

So Crucia went from 456 million, where only a couple guilds managed to kill her, to 418, which is already pretty easy - to a laughable 380 million in such a short period of time. Pretty dissappointing.
    Guilds be breaking up over here in NA, Trion losing players = money

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5031723

We're still terribly slow at p4 but it doesn't matter because we have high DPS. Now we could be terrible and do bad DPS and still be able to achieve a kill. The DPS check was the only thing that ever made Crucia difficult, since it necessitated a tight healing setup and the ability to perform the mechanics very quickly.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    We're still terribly slow at p4 but it doesn't matter because we have high DPS. Now we could be terrible and do bad DPS and still be able to achieve a kill. The DPS check was the only thing that ever made Crucia difficult, since it necessitated a tight healing setup and the ability to perform the mechanics very quickly.
    Still not sure why p4 is so difficult other than me randomly running into walls of course. The DPS check is much lower now obviously which is disappointing but at the same time, I think we would run into an Abom vs t3 greenscale/akylios conversation where there is no point in doing Crucia when, i'm assuming, T2 Murdantix will be killable fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    True true - but baddies playing bad specs badly trying to do mechanics. I dunno i guess time will tell. I think trion expects to see a lot more crucia kills now but I actually don't think there will be that many more.

I do hope more guilds manage to kill it to give them some happiness.Still not sure what trion intends since the guilds who only manage to kill it now won't be anywere near ready for t2.
    Last edited by Liadva; 03-25-2015 at 07:18 AM.

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

True true - but baddies playing bad specs badly trying to do mechanics. I dunno i guess time will tell. I think trion expects to see a lot more crucia kills now but I actually don't think there will be that many more.

I do hope more guilds manage to kill it to give them some happiness.Still not sure what trion intends since the guilds who only manage to kill it now won't be anywere near ready for t2.
    why? those capes OP? Lets be honest, they will release a bunch of new armor/cape's/weapons when T2 comes out, and if you have the $$$, you can be T2 ready.

I actually think at this point, you would be better off to just scrape working on Crucia. Just do PVP and hope for greaters.
    Last edited by somestuff; 03-25-2015 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by somestuff View Post
    why? those capes OP? Lets be honest, they will release a bunch of new armor/cape's/weapons when T2 comes out, and if you have the $$$, you can be T2 ready.

I actually think at this point, you would be better off to just scrape working on Crucia. Just do PVP and hope for greaters.
    For some it isn't about the gear, it's the satisfaction of clearing content

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2