+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: how long

Quote Originally Posted by Zyanya View Post

My point is, Trion has been bleeding players, for quite some time,

Speaking of bleeding players...My Eyes.

I'm inclined to say yes/no.

In any and every game there will always be players leaving, at the same time though, there is almost always players joining as well. Somewhere in there is a balance.

But judging from the rate at which 'new' content is being produced/churned out, I think it's safe to say that Rift is far from the grave.

I mean, we are nearly in the 'mount of the week' age. Dieing games rarely release new things on a nearly weekly basis. Also, I could be wrong, but I heard that they were somewhat in the middle of changing/optimizing the game engine. Dieing games don't replace their foundations.
    Last edited by Zehne; 04-12-2015 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyanya View Post
    BTW...IF someone's life is so limited in the challenge it offers them that they actually NEED their game to be a serious challenge. Those people need to pick up the pace in their REAL life.
    If one isn't looking for challenge in a game that's designed to be challenging then one should look for a new game. (Not to mention speaking to a therapist. Life is easy. Unless you're one of those people that always expects to be handed for free the things the people around you work for, then it must seem like a huge challenge.)

Plane Touched

Sigh. From reading the 3.2 patch notes, Trion delivered a useless set of nerfs.

Other than Ungolok, there was not a single mechanic change. Only change was boss HP and DPS output. And on Ungolok they nerfed the wrong mechanic. These changes will help so few guilds, it's not worth the manpower for Trion to make them.

In the future, I would recommend that the dev team not bother with doing any raiding nerfs. Just bring back the Sparkle Quest.

"We want nerfs!"

Trion nerfs t1 hard.

"Not those nerfs!"

Ugh.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 04-15-2015 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wali View Post
    And on Ungolok they nerfed the wrong mechanic.
    Lol, going to be broad here, but if 2-3 out of 10 people can't click an object....

It's probably not the bosses fault the raid isn't successful.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    Maybe that explains the cross promotion. A player only has so much free game time available per week. Why would you try to get rift players to play trove and not rather concentrate on targeting NEW players to trove instead?
    I can understand this, there was a big piece on American media where a Psychologist recommended stressed people working for survival and high-function types working for prestige (these positions do not represent the calibre of the person only their type of job) take up colouring as a way to de-gauss the mind and revisit childhood for nostalgia.

I'd rather play trove than colour in or use building blocks, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    Well, lets hope Trion 3.2 can save a slowly sinking ship. My outlook on the game and population even a month ago wasn't great but it didn't feel bad. It wasn't anything wrong per se but after the last several weeks and with the upcoming patch, my outlook and enthusiasm has definitely taken a turn for the worse. The surprising thing is, I usually look forward to big content updates... while this new one just feels... /shrug
    Waaaaaay back when.... people learned the power of UnionOverInternet, You owe I.
    In Wow EU most of us English were ported to Basshunter's server Twilight's Hammer because Spinebreaker was the number one destination for the Spanish so it was annexed to a spanish server.

In Age of Conan devout testers put their time and effort into playing through the release content early and then when the subscription came out, despite having played the entire game, they started to talk about things being broken during 3-6months of subscription.

Having played myself as a T2 DT MT, from launch, I realised they were wrong and simply trying to defame the enterprise from within.

I'm not saying that is happening in RIFT but social conformity to MMO-speak, based on the fact - Trolls do happen, means that new starters in the mmo market will be picking up the most vocal methods of conveying an ingame method and using it to fit in.

I mean, back when SWE etc were learning English inside the game, people who put forward the correct spelling of a word to be on the same page and facilitate a better 'language skill' were called ****, because the SWE felt embarassment.

It's a learned response to realise that hearing a 10s introduction from 8mil people would take more than 2.5yrs with no sleep and a constant delivery.

If people enjoy the game, the only thing stopping them from continuing to play is the spirit of adventure, where they've seen enough.

The free2play model is clearly a way to sample different types of game, most end up with a "Pay2Win" post in their forums somewhere - we all want our experience to be a development during our spare/luxury time otherwise we'd watch TV and forget stuff.

The only way games developers can save communities is by the rapid injection of more and more new players, or the players themselves feeling as though the developers efforts are enough.

If you can imagine a time based / currency based PvP tier, that can also be bought with real world cash, people will scream "paywall too strong" before looking for a more inclusive and less gruelling curve. Eventually reading on the news that colouring is the new fad or prisoners are cool people, subsequently languishing into the realm of out of touch and old.

Telaran

Sigh. From reading the 3.2 patch notes, Trion delivered a useless set of nerfs.

Other than Ungolok, there was not a single mechanic change. Only change was boss HP and DPS output. And on Ungolok they nerfed the wrong mechanic. These changes will help so few guilds, it's not worth the manpower for Trion to make them.

In the future, I would recommend that the dev team not bother with doing any raiding nerfs. Just bring back the Sparkle Quest.
    Edit: re-read anony's post. All bosses are getting nerfed systematically etc. Fine with that.

And bulf should have been buffed not nerfed.
    Last edited by MYoun; 04-16-2015 at 06:17 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    Lol, going to be broad here, but if 2-3 out of 10 people can't click an object....

It's probably not the bosses fault the raid isn't successful.
    I agree, there is no issue with the cage mechanic. That rarely gives folks a problem.

They nerfed a Captive Terror interrupt that didn't need nerfing.

What they should have nerfed is the cleanse range on the Mindless Spawnlings. What causes folks to die during Pressure Blast phase is when Venemous Barb isn't cleansed beforehand. The cleansing fails when the RNG causes a Fatal Current to happen just as the Mindless Spawnling dies. The Mindless Spawnlings have a very small cleanse radius, so folks run out of the red circle to avoid Fatal Current and then they are too far away to get cleansed. Just change the cleanse radius on Mindless Spawnlings to be 30m and problem solved.

I agree, there is no issue with the cage mechanic. That rarely gives folks a problem.

They nerfed a Captive Terror interrupt that didn't need nerfing.

What they should have nerfed is the cleanse range on the Mindless Spawnlings. What causes folks to die during Pressure Blast phase is when Venemous Barb isn't cleansed beforehand. The cleansing fails when the RNG causes a Fatal Current to happen just as the Mindless Spawnling dies. The Mindless Spawnlings have a very small cleanse radius, so folks run out of the red circle to avoid Fatal Current and then they are too far away to get cleansed. Just change the cleanse radius on Mindless Spawnlings to be 30m and problem solved.
    You could just - you know - watch out and prioritize dps on/off Spawnlings instead of just brainless cleave. Not difficult!
    Last edited by radiomaryja; 04-16-2015 at 06:48 AM.

I don't know how others do it, but if a dps/healer (currently I pull them as a healer) pulls them into the raid, and marks them #1.

Then 7-8 people hit their target 1 macro because they were told to, and the tank ignores it because he's told to.

Spawnling dies on top of raid very quickly.

Even with Red circles, most everyone runs the same direction out...spawnling follows them because aggroed to a healer/dps. Spawnling dies on raid.

Others have said it before, i'll repeat it:
    If you're having too much trouble, maybe a schematic change to how you approach the fight is in order.

From day one of progression we learned that the faster you kill a spawnling, the significantly less damage it does. This sort of suggests that you're supposed to quickly kill it.
    In the chrono, the boss forces you to kill something quickly, or it's GG. This also suggests you are supposed to kill it quickly.

And just to kill those doomsday nay sayers, normally the reds come at some point while the spawnling is being killed with the current way/timing it's pulled into the group(the way i've always done it). And yet, it's still very rare for anyone to miss the cleanse. It's entirely possible to get the cleanse even with the spawnling near dead center of the red.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    You could just - you know - watch out and prioritize dps on/off Spawnlings instead of just brainless cleave. Not difficult!
    I've been killing Ungolok every week for months, so I have no problems with the fight. But as Raid Leader I teach folks the fight and I have the combatlog for every guild run and PUG run I've ever done. I've analyzed the data in detail and I understand what mechanics cause people to die. After Fatal Current the combo of missed cleanse + Pressure Blast is always the 2nd leading cause of death. And it's due to a small cleanse radius when there is no good reason for having a small cleanse radius. If Trion actually wants to lower the learning curve on Ungolok, it's important to change the correct mechanics.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #252
    Rift Team

Since we don't generally walk back nerfs, we'll incrementally adjust The Rhen of Fate to the desired level of difficulty rather than run the risk of inadvertently over-nerfing it; however, the damage reductions to the bosses is not insignificant. The main complaint has been that Ungolok's instant death mechanics were blocking progression to easier bosses, so two of these abilities were made more easily survivable. We'll continue to monitor the raid and make further adjustments as needed.

Increasing the range of the Mindless Spawnling cleanse is a good suggestion, one that I somehow missed in these many pages of discussion. We'll probably see that happen in the next hotfix.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    Since we don't generally walk back nerfs, we'll incrementally adjust The Rhen of Fate to the desired level of difficulty rather than run the risk of inadvertently over-nerfing it; however, the damage reductions to the bosses is not insignificant. The main complaint has been that Ungolok's instant death mechanics were blocking progression to easier bosses, so two of these abilities were made more easily survivable. We'll continue to monitor the raid and make further adjustments as needed.

Increasing the range of the Mindless Spawnling cleanse is a good suggestion, one that I somehow missed in these many pages of discussion. We'll probably see that happen in the next hotfix.
    Thanks for reading and responding. I'm glad to see it.

That being said, a slight hp reduction on some of the bosses would aide progression as well, and I'm sure it will come in time. I'll keep pushing myself and my guildmates to squeeze out enough damage to get that 1% left on finric before he enrages in the meantime.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post

Thank you for this, much appreciated. I'm very pleased to hear that 3.2 was not the final set of T1 changes and Trion will be monitoring things. This was not readily apparent based on previous dev comments.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by MYoun View Post
    I'll keep pushing myself and my guildmates to squeeze out enough damage to get that 1% left on finric before he enrages in the meantime.
    So much this.
    Most casual raids are aware of all boss mechanics and can deal with it proberly.
    What holds most casual raids back is the enrage timer for bosses.
    Believe it or not, but there are a lot of guys who only pull 40-45k DPS with 1100 Hit Gear as full dps.
    But rather than a health nerf i would like to see, that the enrage of bosses is pushed back a little bit.

I mean seriously, people who can deal with Ungolok till the enrage (There are a lot of kills between the 6:45 and 7 minute enrage mark without deaths), can deal with every encounter in there.

Yes of course people can argument that this people need to work on playing their class, of course no doubt, but a lot of people just don't see the need for it.
    The content is also old enough, just make it accesable for the rest of the community. Otherwise they will lose the interesst of it, which hurts the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast