+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Meliannia
  • 2 Post By Hababa

Thread: Communiy Behaviour continues to slide

Default Communiy Behaviour continues to slide

This is the worst behaviour I have seen from one player to another in NTE.
    Yes it is a Rogue (quelle surprise) call him Rogue 1
    2 rogues in group one is geared to his eyeballs (Rogue 1), the other one ok geared (Rogue 2) but he really needs the purple bow from NMT NTE (Bow called Nightweaver), we kill the boss, and NIghtweaver bow actually drops, the other rogue ALREADY HAS IT and full purple set and beyond, so Rogue 2 is really happy, he clicks need.

Rogue 1 then clicks need simply to be a dick and stop Rogue 2 getting the bow he needs so bad. Ofc Trion allows ROgue 1 to win the need roll, ROgue 2 is distraught. Rogue 1 thinks its hilarious.

Rogue 1 was also trying to boot another guy in grp all way to last boss just because he fell off the cliff before boss 3, one mistake and calling for nonstop vote kicks. This was at 5am, I mean, come on, stress free low play off peak time,.

The other warrior in the grp told me this has started happening a lot ppl clicking need just to stop others winnign items and being happy, or runebreaking purple epic gear with need rolls when others clearly need the item for a big upgrade.

Rogue 1 was from Geidra server (Black Knives/Daggers guild) and quite a well known player, acting like a total ****bag to a fellow ROgue 2 (who was from Zaviel)

This kind of appalling behaviour just causes guys we need to quit uninstall Rift, wth is happening to warrant behaviour such as this.

Rest of grp screenshotted it, and reported it to Gms, hope they can send the Rogue 2 the bow.

Nerdrage in PvP I seen (and done myself) and I can see why it happens not excusingit, but its understandable in PuG vs Preset team facerolls, and ppl losing it over loot rolls in raids, or game crashing and missing a boss kill or smth, that is explainable, But cold calculated deliberateruining another players experience is just vile.
    Last edited by Meliannia; 03-02-2015 at 10:03 PM. Reason: typoes

Sadly, this is the kind of behavior you can expect from gamers, we are not a nice bunch, but i don't think trion have the resources/time to spare for such a small user related issue, to be fair, i'm not even sure they do care, and we can't really blame them.

PUG is almost something you have to do to be able to play, but it does come with some drawbacks, like people being dicks just for the sake of it, it's always something that CAN happen, not all the rogues are like that, but there could have been a warrior doing it too. Running premade group is the most effective answer I found until now, it's not a perfect solution, but it's one of the best if not the best.

In the end, it could be fixed like "You can't need roll on something you already have" BUT it won't fix it if you have a better bow, so once people outgear the instances drops, this wouldnt work anymore, and you can't forbid a well geared player to need for an item, be it for the skin or to be able to play in PvP without having the item being reduced too much.

TL;DR people aren't nice, gamers are even worse, trion can't fix this issue in the end.

Rift Chaser

black knives? that explains everything. if you want, i can share with you a list of known slimeball guilds on EU (PM me).

i just leave party when there's anyone from such guilds. not worth the effort, imo, because complaining to their GM's doesnt work.

double post ...
    Last edited by Hababa; 03-03-2015 at 04:00 AM.
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

Meh, the players in Rift aren't a single entity. You met a person who is horrible to play with but don't say that his behaviour is reflection of us all individually.
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Hababa View Post
    Meh, the players in Rift aren't a single entity. You met a person who is horrible to play with but don't say that his behaviour is reflection of us all individually.
    then u complain to their leader, and they brush you off and call YOU names instead... **** that guild.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by mealfrog View Post
    i just leave party when there's anyone from such guilds. not worth the effort, imo, because complaining to their GM's doesnt work.
    So you see bad behaviour and as a response you behave badly?

You Sir must be a genius!!!

Unfortunately Trion can't stop an individual player being horrible like this to another player, and unfortunately these people exist in and out of the game.

Sad days, like loosing the EC trinket to a rogue after 40 odd runs within a few weeks. That was a depressing moment. But nothing u can do about it but push forward onto the next opportunity.

Prophet of Telara

Worry not. Crafted and PvP items are now better than expert items due to weapon dmg.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kennex View Post
    So you see bad behaviour and as a response you behave badly?

You Sir must be a genius!!!
    leaving party to save myself potential loot ninjaing and headache is "behaving badly"?

YOU, sir, must be the paragon of human virtue!

Community Behavior sliding is a real shocker.

I would have thought making people grind out content they don't want to do in order to remain competitive at what they do want to do would have created a true paradise.
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

I'm not a coding expert, but I wonder how hard it might be, upon opening the Need/Greed/Pass thing, for the game to check your character to see if you actually HAVE said item.

(Granted, you'd have to have it on you at the time, and all the better if the game can see if you even have it in your bags as a "Unique" to keep people from just quickly unequipping it so they can get another one.)

Just a thought...

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    I'm not a coding expert, but I wonder how hard it might be, upon opening the Need/Greed/Pass thing, for the game to check your character to see if you actually HAVE said item.

(Granted, you'd have to have it on you at the time, and all the better if the game can see if you even have it in your bags as a "Unique" to keep people from just quickly unequipping it so they can get another one.)

Just a thought...
    a) it would not be so easy to code
    b) check for inventory would not be enough, I could throw that item into warehouse or sell it and then buy it back

People are stupid, just look around here at forums. If you can't deal with this kind of people then you should not use internet ...

I don't have other people's roll enabled.

if I like something I need. win or lose, I move on.

Did I lose gear that only my (current" spec could use? sure. didn't care a bit.

My gear's fine now. I made it despite losing 1-2 items in a 5man.

Rift Disciple

The problem is not community, the problem is the loot tables

Having 20 items on 1 boss and being able to only kill that dungeon boss once a day
    (unless u run like 6 dungeons again and get lucky on a random que) pushes a lot of
    people to the extreme to get their last few dungeon drops they need

This is of course because copy/pasting a horrible system from another game
    is NOT okay and anything goes. All the grieving and the rest is simply because the loot handling system and loot tables are abyssal and poorly thought out. There is no progression in rift just GRIND.

+ Reply to Thread